Winter morning

Thread: Winter morning

Global Moderator

Default Winter morning

Giving the lot of you the first peek anyone has gotten into these photos in a new series of mine.

Global Moderator

Yes dude!! Your style of photography and foggy woods go hand-in-hand!

Global Moderator

yeah i wish it wasn't weather that was so rare haha. Either the sun is so bright it kills us or it is downpouring there is not usually an inbetween. The last time it was foggy was July 4th, when I did the last series on the blue ridge parkway

Gravity Slave Moderator

It was foggy up there the morning of June 25th too. It cleared up by noon though..

This is why we call them the Great SMOKEY Mountains. There is often some mist around somewhere.

Global Moderator

The western end of the blue ridge will get that way more frequently because of the high elevation, some parts are like 3,700-4,000 feet above sea level. The level of fog that this past sunday had though wasn't like a normal morning fog haha, it was really wild. I know you've been to pilot, so remember how close highway 52 is to the mountain? how it literally runs at the mountains base? You couldn't see a mountain there haha. It looked like a scene out of resident evil. These were super early in the morning, 8-9am, but I drove past the mountain again around noon and while the bottom was no longer foggy, you still couldn't see the top of the mountain so I assume it still looked like that up there.