I don't know what compelled me to ask for a new skateboard and shoes for Christmas but I did, when Christmas arrived I got a gift card for the local skate shop.

Skaterscafe had been part of my life since I was a teen, I grew up in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a little bit of a driveway to skate (and the concrete turd my town called a skatepark). I was always jealous of the people who lived in bigger cities and towns, there was so much to skate there, and I was stuck with next to nada. I guess that's why I fell off.

During that time however Skaterscafe had become my home when I got home, I'd throw myself into threads and make friends with my fellow users because I didn't like to think about what was going on at home. I think I was actually better friends with the users here, than with my friends at school.

Recently I've been making some decisions about my life and I decided I want to bring skateboarding back into my life, even when I had to wait till Saturday and could barley skate I still had fun.

My goals this time are just to get more basics down, obviously I'll never be like one of these kids who learns a new trick in a week or two, but if I could things boardslide, and kickflips a little easier I'd be happy with that.