Old member returning.

Thread: Old member returning.

Default Old member returning.

I don't know what compelled me to ask for a new skateboard and shoes for Christmas but I did, when Christmas arrived I got a gift card for the local skate shop.

Skaterscafe had been part of my life since I was a teen, I grew up in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a little bit of a driveway to skate (and the concrete turd my town called a skatepark). I was always jealous of the people who lived in bigger cities and towns, there was so much to skate there, and I was stuck with next to nada. I guess that's why I fell off.

During that time however Skaterscafe had become my home when I got home, I'd throw myself into threads and make friends with my fellow users because I didn't like to think about what was going on at home. I think I was actually better friends with the users here, than with my friends at school.

Recently I've been making some decisions about my life and I decided I want to bring skateboarding back into my life, even when I had to wait till Saturday and could barley skate I still had fun.

My goals this time are just to get more basics down, obviously I'll never be like one of these kids who learns a new trick in a week or two, but if I could things boardslide, and kickflips a little easier I'd be happy with that.
    RIP JHH, GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Global Moderator

Ayyy i remember you homie, welcome back! glad to hear you're getting back into skateboarding.

The site is mad dead now, unfortunately. Only a handful of us still lurking around. Definitely miss the golden years, but it's still nice that a few of us didn't forget the place.

Global Moderator

Welcome back man!!

I think you might've been before my time but either way, hope you stick around!

I found my old deck the other month too mate, made me think of here.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Ya pretty cool to see old timers from even before me drop in here. Fwiw, Pathtek4 is now the site owner. Dog town handed it all over to Mike. Amazing this place is still up but 5-6 of us friends still log in and vent or brag about life a s occasionally about skating.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by choker View Post
    I don't know what compelled me to ask for a new skateboard and shoes for Christmas but I did, when Christmas arrived I got a gift card for the local skate shop.

Skaterscafe had been part of my life since I was a teen, I grew up in the middle of nowhere with nothing but a little bit of a driveway to skate (and the concrete turd my town called a skatepark). I was always jealous of the people who lived in bigger cities and towns, there was so much to skate there, and I was stuck with next to nada. I guess that's why I fell off.

During that time however Skaterscafe had become my home when I got home, I'd throw myself into threads and make friends with my fellow users because I didn't like to think about what was going on at home. I think I was actually better friends with the users here, than with my friends at school.

Recently I've been making some decisions about my life and I decided I want to bring skateboarding back into my life, even when I had to wait till Saturday and could barley skate I still had fun.

My goals this time are just to get more basics down, obviously I'll never be like one of these kids who learns a new trick in a week or two, but if I could things boardslide, and kickflips a little easier I'd be happy with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by soap View Post
    I found my old deck the other month too mate, made me think of here.
    If either one of ya do the facebook thing, feel free to add me on there. Name is Trevor McGoldrick, there's only like four of us in the world so identifying which profile is mine will be easy. haha.

Welcome back man! Glad to hear you decided to get back into boarding. Shred on bro!
    when you fall, you gotta get back up to land the trick.

Beautiful Loser

welcome back in skateboarding man, fuck this thread is such a throwback, just look at everyone's join dates

Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    welcome back in skateboarding man, fuck this thread is such a throwback, just look at everyone's join dates
    We are all here out of protest for them taking down the arcade section.. right.
    when you fall, you gotta get back up to land the trick.

God

I remember you, but i cant remember if we were friends or mortal enemies. Shed some light for me Either way nice to see a familar name from the golden days ! I loved back in the day on here, id skate all day and after school then come here and shoot the shit with my other skater homies from around the world. I miss those days for real

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    I remember you, but i cant remember if we were friends or mortal enemies. Shed some light for me Either way nice to see a familar name from the golden days ! I loved back in the day on here, id skate all day and after school then come here and shoot the shit with my other skater homies from around the world. I miss those days for real
    Enemies, but to be honest I was kind of a little shit for a while there. It's nice to see you again too.

God

I appreciate your honesty, i was also a mad troll for a while there.....still kinda am, im forever a punk teenager in my brain. We can be Frenemies. I love seeing old members return here

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Honestly its just nice to come back to this site, little sad the site is the way it is.

Scrubs Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    I appreciate your honesty, i was also a mad troll for a while there.....still kinda am, im forever a punk teenager in my brain. We can be Frenemies. I love seeing old members return here
    FUCK YOU DALE

I also miss the simpler times, poops and giggles on the wheel plank and poorly worded posts on the internet.

Those were the days.

Now it's facebook, instagram clips. There's too much of everything and no hype for nothing. It's pretty much why I quit following the skateboard industry but never quit skating.

damn, i check on this account once in a while. i remember some of you, kk360, dr feelgood, soap
    Hello.

what do you mean?
    Hello.