What do YOU think happens when you die?

Thread: What do YOU think happens when you die?

Default What do YOU think happens when you die?

I'm curious as to what other skaters think happens when you die. Reincarnation? Nothing? heaven? you become a wondering spirit?

and why?

i'm kinda thinkin' it all happens. Like you can go to heaven and the next person can be reincarnated, all depending on what they need or deserve.

Storys of people going to heaven, of reincarnation, and storys of ghosts, seems like it all happens. What about you?
    when you fall, you gotta get back up to land the trick.

God

This is an interesting thread, suprised nobody has replied. Im 50/50 on believing absolutley nothing happens, you die, thats it, darkness the end. Which is kind of a scary thought, the other half of me thinks there is a heaven, not sure how it works or what it is like but theres something up there. In saying that im not religious in the slightest, i dont go to church, i think heaven and god etc could exist but i honestly dont care enough to devote my life to religion or my time overly thinking about it. Be a good person, do right, dont do wrong and things will work out in the end.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Earth Punk

From a scientific perspective I believe that your brain produces a large final blast of DMT from your Pineal Gland and that is what accounts for the "White Light". Incidentally your brain also produces DMT while you are in REM sleep and that is what gives you dreams.

From there I believe that there is a "Soul" from the perspective that it simply energy. Energy cannot be created or destroyed only transformed. The body breaks down into its constituent parts and is reabsorbed back into the earth that it came from.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    From there I believe that there is a "Soul" from the perspective that it simply energy. Energy cannot be created or destroyed only transformed. The body breaks down into its constituent parts and is reabsorbed back into the earth that it came from.
    Well, astrophysicists believe that pretty much all energy and matter gets recycled trough black holes. Perhaps the soul, as energy, goes there and which one and where it leads to depends on the vibe (good or asshole) that particular bundle of energy/soul is emitting.

As for some level of consciousness in the energy of the soul, there are plenty of folks who experience things which involve travel far beyond the room where their body was almost dying and return with accounts and events they witnessed which couldn't easily be explained as hallucinations.. Stuff like seeing their family in the waiting room and knowing exactly what everyone said to eachother while the person was supposed to have been on the operating table flatlining..

Earth Punk

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Well, astrophysicists believe that pretty much all energy and matter gets recycled trough black holes. Perhaps the soul, as energy, goes there and which one and where it leads to depends on the vibe (good or asshole) that particular bundle of energy/soul is emitting.

As for some level of consciousness in the energy of the soul, there are plenty of folks who experience things which involve travel far beyond the room where their body was almost dying and return with accounts and events they witnessed which couldn't easily be explained as hallucinations.. Stuff like seeing their family in the waiting room and knowing exactly what everyone said to eachother while the person was supposed to have been on the operating table flatlining..
    Perhaps this is the "Void" referred to in Buddhism. As a matter of fact "The Tibetan Book of the Dead " is meant to be read to the dying/dead over a period of time to lead them into an auspicious rebirth. During the 60's it was also popular to read it to people while they were tripping on acid as the view of it was an ego death. There are numerous parallels between Buddhist cosmology and science. For example Buddhism states that nothing is solid and is made up of composite pieces therefore devoid of substance. Science tells us that everything is made up of atoms and sub atomic particles vibrating creating the illusion of substance.

My sick sense of humor wants to come out with an audio book of the "Tibetan Book of the Dead" since we are in a go go go society just put headphones on the corpse playing the audio book and go about your day.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

There is also the crazy scenes where people close to death seem to be taking to other people who died years ago.

Fun fact.. My mom started crying hysterically one night out of the blue saying there was something terribly wrong with my uncle and fathers best friend/cousin who lived several hundred miles away. The next morning we got a call that he died suddenly. This was back in the early 70s when there was no way she could have seen some kind of info and long distance phone calls were pretty cost prohibitive.. why we didn't call across the country to check on Uncle George even though we were randomly worried about him. No, he wasn't sick or old or anything like that..