Books. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Books.

Earth Punk

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    One of the most memorable college courses I took was "History Of the UP." It left such a profound impact on me that we actually stopped by and bought the professor some drinks last time we were in town...then, of course, stopped by and met with my old advisor.
    I remember visiting the UP when I was a kid. I don't remember much but the Locks.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I remember visiting the UP when I was a kid. I don't remember much but the Locks.
    That was our first stop on our UP road trip. Unfortunately, it was raining like you wouldn't believe...But, to take it around back to books, that same professor was somewhat of a friend to the guy that opened 2 of the breweries overlooking the Locks.

Earth Punk

Nice! Breweries are almost always good.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Who read "The Stand" by S. King? What were your impressions?

Earth Punk

I just started reading "Miles the Autobiography" by Miles Davis aka "The Motherfucker Book" called so because he averages one Motherfucker per page and for every page he doesn't say Motherfucker there is one where he says it at least twice to make up for it.

C/S,
    Rev J

Sail Hatan.

Bump.

I've been reading a lot of music biographies, along with my normally scheduled fantasy stick. Lemmy, Johnny Cash, Nikki Sixx, the works.

Im an atheist, but i enjoyed the hell out of the Johnny cash book. But it was the first half only, leading up to the mid 70's. Second half came out much later and continues the story of his life. Ill get around to it some day soon.

Skate Pirate

I recently finished reading Fortress America, which explored our societal paranoia and distrust in the wake of WWII and the ensuing Cold War. It's not quite the book that explains your Trump-supporting relatives, but FA looks into subtle governmental policies that promoted the "Fuck you, I've got mine," mentality that's prevalent in far-right circles, end-times groups, survivalists, and militia groups.

Earth Punk

I just started reading "The Jazz of Physics. The secret link between music and the structure of the universe."

Generally speaking I'm a fan of cross disciplinary thought. Taking theories, ideas etc from one area and applying them to another. Strangely the show "Cosmos" actually reinforced a lot of my spiritual beliefs.

C/S,
    Rev J