Musicians Random Thought Thread.. Music Gear, Home Studios, Gigs, Etc..

Thread: Musicians Random Thought Thread.. Music Gear, Home Studios, Gigs, Etc..

Gravity Slave Moderator

Default Musicians Random Thought Thread.. Music Gear, Home Studios, Gigs, Etc..

Finally dragged my drums out of storage, added a 2nd bass drum and a few other accessories.

Other stuff I try to play but totally suck at..

Hoping to get some chops back and maybe find some other geezers to jam with this summer.

Scrubs Nerd

My studio looks more like my bedroom and a zoom h2n mic haha. It works really well for what I do though. The recording quality is insane for what it is.

Here are some recent recordings! I'll take some pictures of all my guitars in another post.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcGLBgZwHso (Can't post more than one video apparently)

Earth Punk

Dude Keith Moon called and he wants his drums back.

Lately I've been practicing about 4 hours a day when I'm not hanging out at my girlfriends house. I'm also becoming a total fanboy of tc electronics toneprint pedals.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Dude Keith Moon called and he wants his drums back.

Lately I've been practicing about 4 hours a day when I'm not hanging out at my girlfriends house. I'm also becoming a total fanboy of tc electronics toneprint pedals.
    Keith Moon played Primiere. Neal Peart played Slingerland Chrome over Wood before the Tama kit..

Earth Punk

Now he's playing DW. I know a recording engineer who worked with Zigaboo Modelsete who said he went to DW headquarters where they have a whole museum type of hall with a bunch of famous drummers kits. He said that Neil Pert and Terry Bozzios kits each had their own rooms due to the sheer size of them:

5720834d77f39eada47e19c2109c51ed.jpg

d890724f605472b2aadb4895c07a1bdd.jpg

The scary part of that is that it is set up to be a melodic instrument and each of the 54 pieces is tuned to an actual pitch. Steve Vai said that there is a passage on "Sex and Religion" where he gave Bozzio the guitar transcription and he played it as a complete unison with the guitar.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J