SilverFish Shutting Down? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SilverFish Shutting Down?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Yep, as soon as those hosting fees stop getting paid, the search gods no longer get access to the archives out there... Host shuts the door and all you get is 404 errors if anything..

Skate Pirate

What I meant was that there's absolutely NO longboard information out there anymore...I was looking for product reviews on a few skate goods and turned to Google, only to find nothing but endless lists of online shops selling the wares; not any reviews or information. Just *poof* nothin'. For street skating, there are at least a few forums; here, SLAP, SBC. There's a pretty big number of old fart skate sites. But, Silverfish was the last Google-indexed longboard-specific site.

@rockst*r: Time to let go. Maybe the noobs will need skate info, but Silverfish isn't coming back. Besides, you can read reviews until your eye fall out but the real deal is trying the new stuff for yourself. At this time, there's more critical mass at Ulu's Gnarwheels site. No offense to the SkatersCafe, but I can count the posters here on 2 hands with fingers to spare. And to any of you that take offense, I did put the SkatersCafe URL in my Gnarwheels sig.
    AOMoA

It's always about the rep

Ulu's Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    @rockst*r: Time to let go. Maybe the noobs will need skate info, but Silverfish isn't coming back. Besides, you can read reviews until your eye fall out but the real deal is trying the new stuff for yourself. At this time, there's more critical mass at Ulu's Gnarwheels site. No offense to the SkatersCafe, but I can count the posters here on 2 hands with fingers to spare. And to any of you that take offense, I did put the SkatersCafe URL in my Gnarwheels sig.
    No worries, Pathtek4 isn't reachable and isn't responding to requests to add folks currently blocked due to overseas IPs and should have made someone else an admin so we can make the site user friendly and better suited for everyone with changing demographics.

Skate Pirate

How much of a ticking time bomb are we sitting on here then?

God

Im riding the cafe till the wheels come off

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    How much of a ticking time bomb are we sitting on here then?
    Been ticking like this for three years now..

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Im riding the cafe till the wheels come off
    You should see the boards that some neighborhood kids ride around on.. Stuff's been sitting outside in random yards for years.. Wood rotted, noses smashed and delamed all around. Totally rusted bearings that squeak and still loving it! Gave a couple of them out a few years ago and the kids have been passing them down to little brothers and friends along the way.