Videogame Thread

Thread: Videogame Thread

Skate Pirate

Default Videogame Thread

A recent post by @NoSwitch got me thinking about videogames and videogame accessories.

What are we all playing these days?

On PS3, I'm ninjachuki and have recently acquired THPS5 (not very good, TBH) and Assassin's Creed Black Flag

On Steam, I'm either ninjachuki or bucksaw87 (not sure which one will link to my profile) and I'm playing Fishing Planet and Age Of Empires II currently.

Skate Pirate

The verdict is in. THPS5, even on PS3, feels like a mobile game. Gameplay is very similar to the original Tony Hawk Pro Skater, which makes it feel incomplete after other games in the series (THUG, THUG2, THAW). The graphics aren't all that good, and Unreal Engine is as hilarious in this game as it is in Goat Simulator. You can fall through the scenery, have pieces stuck to you, and magically bounce back and forth between obstacles. Great for in-game combos, but horrible for any sense of immersion.

Earth Punk

I'm addicted to Family Guy Another Freakin Mobile Game. It's pretty much Candy Crush with the family guy characters and booze.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

I'm re-hooked on Skate 3. Got my skate crew of myself, Melvin the prototypical skinny-pants skater, Jan the girl skater, Hesher the skater in baggy pants with a mohawk, and a 5th spot that's yet to be filled.

I just beat that game! My crew consist of The Goat wearing a crown too and the CEO of 2nd amendment skateboards. Other skateboard companies question his judgement on selecting his team of misfits but as long as they can skate he could careless. Theda the Thot she goes to guys for attention and if they don't give it to her she smacks them,.White Trash Will he has the closet thing I can get to a mullet while wearing a trucking hat and sporing a handle bar stache he mostly hangs out at the university hitting on underage girls. Hood-Cuh he is my baggy pants and beats wearing gangsta skater he likes to hit people while riding and scaring people in the suburbs he has been trying to hook up with Theda but unsuccessful. Penny The Prude she hates Theda often calling her a slut, she thinks will smells bad and cant stand his dipping habit, thinks of Hood-Cuh as a no good thug with no morals. She is wears a Tiara when she skates and is envy of the goat and wonders why he put together a team of such low lives. she is only here for the paycheck and her daddy from the suburbs, who has a PHD from the university and oversees the industrial park, and might of seen Hood-Cuh on his property a few times has cut off poor Penny. She says it beats being a Barista downtown

Skate Pirate

I beat it once before, then restarted it and haven't touched it in over a year. My team is Team Poser, and if they still had the online logo uploader, I'd use the fuck out of this:

Global Moderator

I've never been into video games all that much but I bought a Switch when it first came out because I've always been into Mario games casually but my wife bought me Zelda a few weeks ago and that shit's fun as hell. I ended up playing it for like 4 hours straight yesterday which is definitely not something I've ever done before haha

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    I beat it once before, then restarted it and haven't touched it in over a year. My team is Team Poser, and if they still had the online logo uploader, I'd use the fuck out of this:
    I had to use one of the generic graphics

Earth Punk

It's weird I'm not into gaming but the culture fascinates me. And Novapatra is fucking hot!
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    I had to use one of the generic graphics
    Yeah, given the "if teh intarnetz wuz streetz" angle, I used the computer monitor guy pushing mongo

Fallout 76 is taking a L right now

Gravity Slave Moderator

My kid's been hooked on every variation of Pokemon and Fortnight for the past two years..

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    My kid's been hooked on every variation of Pokemon and Fortnight for the past two years..
    My boss's kid plays Fortnight quite a bit. Apparently he just runs around the maps hoarding resources while the rest of the players absolutely destroy him.