What are the best Bones bearings for street?

Thread: What are the best Bones bearings for street?

Question What are the best Bones bearings for street?

Hi. I want to buy the best Bones bearings for street only. If the best bearing are the most expensive ones then I'll buy them. I'll clean them quite often. I'm skating for 8 years and every winter I skate under a roof, that place is very clean. For every helpful answer I'll give a 'reputation' point. https://bonesbearings.com/skateboard...sc&order=price

Skate Pirate

Street skating puts a ton of stress on wheels, bearings, and trucks...It's not worth spending a ton on bearings because of how much damage gets done to them (during street skating). If I had a gun to my head, and was told to purchase only Bones bearings, I'd go for either Reds or the new Race Reds. Realistically though, while Reds were at one point the de-facto choice for cheap, good bearings, that market has EXPLODED over the past decade or so, and there are tons of newer options that are better than Reds. My favorites, in the sub-$30 category, include Biltins, Toy Machine T-Sects, Indy 7's, Zealous, Element Blacks, and Seismic Tektons (if you can find 'em for under $30).

Take a look at Race Reds, Biltins, Zealous, and Tektons, and you'll see an extended inner race...Those extensions meet inside the wheel and hold the bearings in better alignment, so your wheels will roll straighter and truer...meaning more speed and less wear (on both the bearing and wheel). Reds and Toy Machines do not come with bearing spacers, so those will need to be purchased separately. Indy 7's come in a full-on kit, with speedrings and bearing spacers.

Earth Punk

I'm using Decomposed 7 Maggots which are ABEC 7 rated and about $10 from Decomposed skates. I've also heard good things about Synopsis Bearings.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Thanks for replies. I heard that most US pros ride Bones so I trust this company more. My last bearings were Bones Swiss but I broke them (my fault only). I guess you're right, it's not worth buying these expensive Bones Swiss Ceramic for street. If you were me, which one would you pick from these: 'Swiss Skateboard Bearings', 'Super Swiss 6', 'Swiss L2' or 'Ceramic Super REDS'?
    I forgot to add: After I broke my arm I'm not jumping from more than 3 steps and from high places anymore, so I think my next bearings will last for a long time.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Mati.Bocian_92 View Post
    Thanks for replies. I heard that most US pros ride Bones so I trust this company more. My last bearings were Bones Swiss but I broke them (my fault only). I guess you're right, it's not worth buying these expensive Bones Swiss Ceramic for street. If you were me, which one would you pick from these: 'Swiss Skateboard Bearings', 'Super Swiss 6', 'Swiss L2' or 'Ceramic Super REDS'?
    I forgot to add: After I broke my arm I'm not jumping from more than 3 steps and from high places anymore, so I think my next bearings will last for a long time.
    Whichever costs the least.

Hello skateboard family!
    As a big fan of skateboarding I always want to help to the beginners, cause I know how i was feeling at the moment when i needed to buy my first skateboard. And because of that, I want to share with you the news that I found, for me, the best Carbon Fiber Electric Skateboard I ever had. Check it out, read about that, but for that price, I think, that you couldn't find better product. Folks, if you want to check it, I bought it on this site: https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/f...ic-skateboard/
    I would like to hear a feedback if someone else also using this skateboard!

Thank you all for help, I bought Bones Super Swiss 6.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Mati.Bocian_92 View Post
    Thank you all for help, I bought Bones Super Swiss 6.
    Be sure to let us know how you like 'em!

Reds are pretty solid. Used them for years.