Few shots from my cross-country trip

Thread: Few shots from my cross-country trip

Default Few shots from my cross-country trip

I loaded up my dog, myself, and all my belongings into an old pickup truck that I fixed myself and moved from Florida to Oregon. Nothing special. In fact, all of these were taken with my phone. Just wanted to share. Cheers.

Here's my truck all loaded up, Charlie set up in the back. This didn't even last 10 minutes before he crawled over everything to be up toward the front by me.
    Here's how I rearranged it at the first stop. Charlie is laying on a bench, the only piece of furniture I brought with me, with a yoga mat on top of it. This is the "hallway" to the front, where his bed is set up. The topper and my truck both have a sliding window so he can hang his head next to me in the cab.

I stopped in northern South Carolina to go fishing with my dad for a couple of days. It rained, but we parked under a bridge and ended up catching a ton. We fried 'em up, and he let me keep all the leftovers for the trip.

Charlie in Guernsey State Park, WY

Our campsite near Casper, WY. This was about an hour drive into the hills outside of Casper, then an hour down a desolate dirt road that required 4wd. There was one other person at the whole campsite and he didn't seem thrilled that I was there. Awesome campsite though. Notice the little creek.

My campsite just outside of Grand Teton Nat'l Park. There were a few RV campers at this spot, but since my setup is so compact, I got the primo spot on the edge of the vista overlooking the mountains that nobody else could fit into.
    Here's another shot of the Tetons from my site when it was storming later that day.

I made it! This is the first hike I went on in the Pacific Northwest. This was taken at Silver Star summit in WA. Visible volcanic mountains are St. Helens, Rainier, and Adams.
    Any fool can make a rule and any fool will mind it.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Nice trek. We were in Yellowstone and Jackson last June.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Nice trek. We were in Yellowstone and Jackson last June.
    That's when I passed through! I camped near the Tetons on June 15th. I didn't make it to Yellowstone because I was running out of money. Small world!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Higher-Class View Post
    That's when I passed through! I camped near the Tetons on June 15th. I didn't make it to Yellowstone because I was running out of money. Small world!
    We arrived in SLC on the 16th and drive up to WY on the 17th.
    Top of Corbett's @ Jackson

We literally could have passed each other on the road, then. On the 16th I headed NW over Teton Pass on hwy33, then straight west to the middle of Idaho on hwy 20/26.

God

Damn dude, nice shots! Looks peaceful, im getting the mellow vibes just looking at those photos.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Retired Staff

Congrats on the move. How long did the trip take you?

Global Moderator

hell yeah dude!