What are your shoes?

Thread: What are your shoes?

Skate Pirate

Default What are your shoes?

I might be needing some new shoes this summer. Currently, I'm rockin' some high-top Nike basketball shoes...new-old stock from a Shoe Carnival or some shit; the line that evolved into Nike SB's or something. Additionally, I've got some really nice Converse high-tops...same design as a Chuck Taylor, but with padding on the tongue and the ankle.

So, what are you all adorning your tootsies with? What's new in the world of skate shoes?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Mostly Vans for skating and casual. Got some assorted Nikes for sports jersey day. Addidas Gonz and Bushwentz for casual and a bunch of Sambas for soccer coaching. Ankles too old for cleats hahaha..

Skate Pirate

I'm digging those KISS sk8-his!

Earth Punk

My just kicking around shoes are Globe Abyss Chris Haslam signatures. For skating Globe Rm3 reissues. If you like Nike skate shoes and want something more "core" these are what you're looking for.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    My just kicking around shoes are Globe Abyss Chris Haslam signatures. For skating Globe Rm3 reissues. If you like Nike skate shoes and want something more "core" these are what you're looking for.
    Ya, wish Fallen was still in business. I've really digged the two pairs of those I've owned. Vans is also pretty much mass produced import product. Fair to decent quality, but made overseas. Might as well go with something a little less expensive since it's all import now..

Skate Pirate

I used to have a firm cap of $20 on skate shoes. I actually found a pair "made in the same factory as Vans" from the local Footlocker. Bitter & Twisted or some generic, emo-kid sounding name. They wore out like Van's did...the outside of the sole delaminated in the same way as my Sk8 Hi's. I'd love to find another pair, since they were so inexpensive.

Earth Punk

Generally I shop the clearance section on CCS. In the past I've gotten Nike P-Rods for $40. If you aren't choosy about colorways It's a good way to go. I've gotten pairs of the Haslams off 6pm for $40. I liked skating in the Haslams but like to have a little more padding on the instep otherwise I bruise the crap out of them doing boneless to Caspers.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

God

Absolutely hate nike shoes. I miss Fallens, they were always my favourites. Right now im rockin some romero Emericas, pretty comfy for skating and casual wear, i dig em.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Earth Punk

Those are sharp. The Globe Mullens I have are comfortable for skating but not so much walking around in. Fun fact.Nike no longer owns the patent on the air sole. I saw an interview on YouTube with freestyle skater, Soletech marketing director Don Brown where he talked about when Nike dropped the ball on renewing the patent I want to say DC which at the time was a Soletech subsidiary put them in the Chad Muska shoes.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Those are sharp. The Globe Mullens I have are comfortable for skating but not so much walking around in. Fun fact.Nike no longer owns the patent on the air sole. I saw an interview on YouTube with freestyle skater, Soletech marketing director Don Brown where he talked about when Nike dropped the ball on renewing the patent I want to say DC which at the time was a Soletech subsidiary put them in the Chad Muska shoes.
    That sounds strangely familiar.