Grilling

Thread: Grilling

Default Grilling

The weather is starting to warm up(atleast here anyways) that means it's time to break out the the grill and I will cook a lot of my meals on the grill during the spring summer. What are some of your grilling recipes? I would love to hear them and even try them out for myself

Here is one of my simplest and very delicious entrees Hawaiian chicken.

Get you a big jumbo size baggy pour in a bottle of sweet chili sauce, pineapple juice I get the small cans and pour a can and half in it and I will use the other half later which I will get into in a bit, pour in some honey and you got your marinade. Insert your chicken in the baggy you can use breasts, thighs, wings it don't really matter as long you got chicken. I like soak in it overnight while it stills thawing out but just doing it a couple of hours prior to grilling will work just fine.

Now get aside a glaze will brush over the chicken right before it's done cooking. Get a bowl put in your sweet chili sauce, now you will use that half a can of pineapplecjuice I was telling you about before, then pour in your honey and store it in the fridge until it's time to start cooling

Gravity Slave Moderator

Kabobs are fun, especially with kids. Put steak chunks, chicken chunks, and shrimp in bags with teriyaki or other marinade sauces. Add some pepper slices, onions, salted tater wedges, etc. Assemble spears and throw them on the grill..

Skate Pirate

Idiot proof fish: soak in italian dressing and wrap in aluminum foil.

We've got a smoker/grill combo that I love using in the summer... unfortunately we ran out of gas last week after BBQing some ribs.

I'm a simple guy, I don't normally season a whole lot... normally just salt, pepper, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Kabobs are fun, especially with kids. Put steak chunks, chicken chunks, and shrimp in bags with teriyaki or other marinade sauces. Add some pepper slices, onions, salted tater wedges, etc. Assemble spears and throw them on the grill..
    What kind of steak do you normally use?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Goat View Post
    What kind of steak do you normally use?
    I usually just buy that stew meat that comes already cut up.. It's odds and ends trimmed off the roasts and steaks butchered at the grocery store.

Earth Punk

I'm a big fan of Caribbean barbecue and Caribbean cooking in general. I bought a cookbook called "Taste of the Tropics" by Jay Solomon because I was looking for a good Jerk Chicken recipe. There is also a recipe in there for Calypso Steak which is steak marinated in rum, lime juice, Worcestershire sauce and spices. It is generally served with a mustard thyme sauce made with Dijon mustard, fresh thyme, cream, and white pepper slowly heated in a double boiler.

If I'm going all out the meal will be either the chicken or steak, with fried plantains, chili pepper cornbread, and beans and rice.

Another idiot proof recipe is to put olive oil, basil, and garlic in a food processor, then use it to marinate chicken breasts and slap them on the grill.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

I love jerk chicken! That's one I will try out for sure. I usually just get a bottle with it already made but I want to try and make my jerk marinade