Being the best skater at your park (no more competition, so boring)

Thread: Being the best skater at your park (no more competition, so boring)

Angry Being the best skater at your park (no more competition, so boring)

I have a small skatepark where I live. There's only a handful of skaters who are either weekend warriors or show up once in a blue moon. I consider myself the only die hard. It's come to the point now I can't find any challenge because nobody else steps up to the plate. I can't even skate with them, that's how bad it's gotten

I wake up early in the morning and pray that the parks not wet from morning dew to skate and come home before 10am. I do this because I also want to give chance to family members who bring their kids to the park to learn (our park is not meant for beginners at all under no circumstance, really). But, because we only have one park in our area it's sad to say that the skill gap is ridiculous.

The handful of skaters that do come to the park know what's going on with SOTY & videos, but (pardon my language) they simply suck. I mean, have you heard of anybody learning a kickflip for over 2-weeks? Let alone trying to do a kickflip at least twice an hour i'm losing my mind!

I just need to hear how other people handle this because ironically i'm feeling like the loner when I just wanna shred the park in all possible ways. I literally use the whole park so I can't take squaters kindly and people who decide to sit where I wanna skate. It's extremely frustrating and although i'm never gonna stop skating I just don't like it when i'm the only one putting in work.

I wake up early to clean the park early to skate early and people come in the afternoon to enjoy the fruits of my labor. It's a niceway to stay positive but it's simply not enough. The thing i'm fiending for is COMPETITION and I wanna get even better.

Long story short, I skate 10-15mph or shit even faster! while everybody else skates 5mph. 'nuff said.
    Last edited by fohrums; 08-15-2018 at 10:55 PM.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Take them under your wing. Skate with them. I progressed a lot more quickly when I had people to skate with and learn from. Who knows, maybe they'll catch up or even surpass you.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I don't even know where to start with this. Sitting around or standing still blocking the features isn't cool when there are others there wanting to hit them. That said, if the park is public and you haven't paid more money or work towards building it than anyone else you have no more right to buzz around deciding what ability levels do do not belong there. Take turns, let the groms and slow old farts get some laps in. They're not going to get up off their ass and out of your way or get any better if you're being a dickhead to them.

Skate Pirate

You're asking the wrong crowd if we're all the best in our given skatepark

I can kickturn, I think I saw NoSwitch do a grind one day. TGIMunday is the best of us all, and he did a rock-n-roll...once

I'll continue to stay positive, I guess. At least one dude is calling me up to skate now just recently too. I'd film with him and get some stuff going to hype them up. I'll skate some crusty spots away from the park after warming up: Challenge Accepted.

God

You sound like a big time kook. You probably suck too.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Earth Punk

If you want competition give up skating and take up pickup basketball games. If you can't challenge yourself don't look to others to challenge you.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J