The Official: What is the name of this trick/Did I invent this trick? Thread - Page 98
Page 98 of 99 FirstFirst ... 488896979899 LastLast
Results 1,941 to 1,960 of 1962

Thread: The Official: What is the name of this trick/Did I invent this trick? Thread

Hey, did I invented this?
    I'm doing a half-kickback and I shoveit (and half kickflip) board in the air by my back foot.
    Don't know what's that, but I really like it ; D

Quote Originally Posted by Kreeg View Post
    Hey, did I invented this?
    I'm doing a half-kickback and I shoveit (and half kickflip) board in the air by my back foot.
    Don't know what's that, but I really like it ; D
    Bubble Flip

theres this cool thing where youre standing on your board upside down, and then you step on the truck, flipping it up to a TS Railstand.

im thinking Darkside to Rail?

Super Moderator

If it's stationary, it's been done countless times. One of my first railstand tricks.
    If it's a darkSLIDE then yeah, I've never seen it before.

Do you wanna know the name. Now you can study skateboarding in Germany. NO ADVERTISING
    Last edited by MikeM; 11-22-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyStrunk View Post
    yeah thats pretty much what it is. i randomly learned them cus of there is the carnival/fair that come to our town for 4th of july, and this carnie asked to see my boad and he did like a kickback variel thing haha
    basically this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHTCy...eature=related

(but its not a featherflip.)

i've never made a new trick

The Dickflip. Crouch down and do a boneless except you grab the nose, spin the board around and land with both feet on the board.

The barrel roll. You grab your nose and tail and do a somersault and land on the board still holding it. kinda hurts, but looks insane. Gets em a letter every time.

Your Mother

^^when you say spin do you mean like a 360 turn or a flip?

Quote Originally Posted by _Turtle View Post
    ^^when you say spin do you mean like a 360 turn or a flip?
    Well if you only spin it 180 it's a dickflip. 360 is a double dickflip.

I know it's not really a flip, but someone told me to do a dickflip once as a joke, so I did that and they were like "well, damn. that's a dickflip."

Also, I haven't named this one yet, but you do a no comply, flip the board with your knee, and land switch. Hard as hell only landed it like 10 times.

how would you call this: in a tranny I do a fs cess slide, but I put my front hand down in the tranny on the right side of my nose. basically like a bertslide, but the front hand is put down on the other side of the board. I'm regular btw
    GG Allin was here...

Quote Originally Posted by mazonemayu View Post
    how would you call this: in a tranny I do a fs cess slide, but I put my front hand down in the tranny on the right side of my nose. basically like a bertslide, but the front hand is put down on the other side of the board. I'm regular btw
    I don't know but it sounds like it looks pretty cool.

Start in ts railstand then go to a dark stall with front foot in the middle of the board and back foot kicks the hanger of-the truck and you jump at the same time the board will do a complete flip just like a heel flip landing back in dark stall then kick the truck again and only flip half way then you land and bolts and go .. I call it the Fiji flip I use it often

Another trick I believe I've invented is the truckstand wall plant... while in truckstand jump on to a wall and then throw the board under you and roll away

Tall plant .... Ollie and grab the nose of the board pull the board out from under you while landing on your back foot either onto flat ground or a bench now your into caveman position immediately after landing put the tail of your board on the top of your front foot and balance the board for a second then fold your foot down to drop the board and land on it and roll away .. This only looks good when done all in one motion if you stall and can't get the board to set on your foot fast enough you just look silly

Tall stall ... From pogo or a truck stand you lean the board against a wall while only standing on the truck kind of like using the wall instead of your front foot to keep a no hand 50/50 up then flip or pogo back out

540 boneless Godzilla flip .. I've never seen anyone else do it but I'd imagine it's been done ????? I also do this to darkstall/darkslide

Boneless wallplant to front foot fingerflip impossible ????
    I've been doing this for about a year

Railstand loop d doop
    While in rs stand on one foot while reaching down across your body and holding your opposite foot jump in the air and step through the loop that you make with your hand and foot so it appears you jumped through a hoop ... Then land back on your 1 foot in rail position ... The board never moves for this trick

Tail walk ... Only works on old 1980s fish tail boards
    You do a handed truckstand on the fish tail end and turn the board back and forth making it waddle like a penguin .. So your walking on the fish tail

Dark ride ... Boneless to dark slide on a wall .. Just like a wallride

Broken balls ... Half a Godzilla flip to no hand pogo ??????
    I've never seen anyone but me do it

Rambo roll
    Start like you would a boneless but pull the board up and hold the wheels on one side .. Then summersault 1.5 times to a railstand handstand then 3/4 finger flip to your feet and land on bolts and roll away

Sorry for all the post I was just putting a video together of tricks I've invented and wanted to get them up here... so if you see a trick I've named please let me know so I don't include them in my list of invented tricks... Sorry for being so annoying like those little kids at the skate parks that just play and run around on foot geting in the way of serious skaters
    Last edited by MikeM; 12-25-2012 at 11:48 PM.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

How about including all your tricks in one post? A lot less annoying.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Super Moderator

^ Yes please

I had to merge 12 of your posts, it was really annoying when it could have easily been all in one post

Quote Originally Posted by nategarcier View Post
    Start in ts railstand then go to a dark stall with front foot in the middle of the board and back foot kicks the hanger of-the truck and you jump at the same time the board will do a complete flip just like a heel flip landing back in dark stall then kick the truck again and only flip half way then you land and bolts and go .. I call it the Fiji flip I use it often
    Standing on the bottom of the deck and flipping a full flip back on the truck? I've done a few of those before. I'm not too sure how deserving of a name it is (even the 1/2 flipped one doesn't have a name, probably because it's one of those joke-tricks).

And you really can't invent a combo, that's a little silly.

Another trick I believe I've invented is the truckstand wall plant... while in truckstand jump on to a wall and then throw the board under you and roll away
    Again, I don't think I would really consider that an invented trick, it's more of a kind of joke-trick. It's fun, but it really isn't deserving of a title.

Tall plant .... Ollie and grab the nose of the board pull the board out from under you while landing on your back foot either onto flat ground or a bench now your into caveman position immediately after landing put the tail of your board on the top of your front foot and balance the board for a second then fold your foot down to drop the board and land on it and roll away .. This only looks good when done all in one motion if you stall and can't get the board to set on your foot fast enough you just look silly
    Same as before, that's just a little silly there.

Tall stall ... From pogo or a truck stand you lean the board against a wall while only standing on the truck kind of like using the wall instead of your front foot to keep a no hand 50/50 up then flip or pogo back out
    Also kind of silly. I've actually done a few before (mostly because I thought it looked fun when Brett Moser did it )
    But it isn't serious enough to be an actual trick.

540 boneless Godzilla flip .. I've never seen anyone else do it but I'd imagine it's been done ????? I also do this to darkstall/darkslide
    Ehhhh that trick is crossing the line from actual skateboarding to baton-twirling. I don't know, I don't think putting a board in your hands and throwing it around while your feet are on the ground is a trick anyone will take seriously.

Boneless wallplant to front foot fingerflip impossible ????
    I've been doing this for about a year
    Again that's also kind of a silly trick to invent. It's kind of like saying how about boneless wallplant quadruple flips? Okay, what about boneless wallplant quadruple flip 180?
    There comes a point where it gets a bit ridiculous, you know.

Railstand loop d doop
    While in rs stand on one foot while reaching down across your body and holding your opposite foot jump in the air and step through the loop that you make with your hand and foot so it appears you jumped through a hoop ... Then land back on your 1 foot in rail position ... The board never moves for this trick
    Errrmmm that's also a bit silly IMO, I personally wouldn't classify it as a trick

Tail walk ... Only works on old 1980s fish tail boards
    You do a handed truckstand on the fish tail end and turn the board back and forth making it waddle like a penguin .. So your walking on the fish tail
    Yeaahhh, same for the others, doesn't sound like an actual trick, just something silly

Dark ride ... Boneless to dark slide on a wall .. Just like a wallride
    That also sounds a bit silly, again.
    But, if you take out the boneless, that would be pretty cool.

Broken balls ... Half a Godzilla flip to no hand pogo ??????
    I've never seen anyone but me do it
    A godzilla flip is an hs rail varial double flip 180 body varial in the opposite direction; are you sure we are talking about the same trick?

Rambo roll
    Start like you would a boneless but pull the board up and hold the wheels on one side .. Then summersault 1.5 times to a railstand handstand then 3/4 finger flip to your feet and land on bolts and roll aways
    Again that's also kind of silly IMO. Like, if I ever go to a spot and see someone grabbing their board, and somersaulting around, it would be kind of weird.

Overall, almost all of the tricks listed are just boneless variations.
    And I'm not a big fan of naming any boneless variants because we get a lot of stuff like: "How about a 360 quadruple handflip, with a pivot!" or "a boneless hardflip with a 360 body varial so it's almost like a grape flip!"

There's too much you can do with bonelesses, however, there are extremely few that actually are interesting or take much skill to do.

If you want to invent a skateboard trick, it should take skateboarding skill to be able to accomplish.
    I believe that I've invented 1 or 2 tricks before, and in my opinion, take some skateboarding skill to land.
    Last edited by MikeM; 12-26-2012 at 12:40 AM.

On the iPhone trickapedia app there is Godzilla railflip and Godzilla flip ... Godzilla flip is a finger flip imPossible from tailstop ... I see a japanease girl mic murayama do them often in her runs ... And yes I over use the boneless it is my favorite trick and also I know alot of my tricks are very silly and alot aren't even skate tricks but there is no rules to skating I do all my skating on 2 pecies of plywood in the yard it's been months since I've been on concrete .... I was just bored and trying to out do my good friend Todd falcon for invented tricks lol once again I apologize for the many post but in Fiji I'm on 3rd world Internet and it's worse then dial up so long post don't always go without timing out.. I also have been working on blindfolded while holding a bottle of beer skating ... That gets the neighbors wondering WTF I'm doing lol

Super Moderator

I always thought it was universal that a godzilla flip is from railstand, that's a bit weird =/
    Maybe that's just among freestylers, not sure about that one

And yeah there are no rules to skating, but you really don't want to try to classify every little trick and try to make it your own. If you really want to invent, you want to go for the ones that take some skill or are clever, you know?

Ah yes, I've seen Todd Falcon's videos before...
    The whole "inventing a bajillion tricks" where *every single trick* deals with having your feet on the ground/the graphic of the board and involving some luck throw (among other things in his videos) kind of rubs me the wrong way...
    Last edited by MikeM; 12-26-2012 at 02:02 AM.

Yea falcon is kind of a joke.... But for me a quick foot plant on the ground just to jump does not ruin a trick and I had always said fingerflip impossible until I saw that trickapedia definition with both godzilla railflip and just Godzilla flip I know watching freestyle competitions in the 80s an early 90s the announcers said finger flip impossible... I've had people very entertained summersaulting into handstands and holding a 40 oz beer and a lit cigerette or blindfolding myself and trying to do Ollie fingerflips... And at 32 years old still skating 4 days a week just making people laugh at my bizarre style is all I'm after

thats sick!