October member of the month! Tom

Thread: October member of the month! Tom

Thumbs up October member of the month! Tom

I am pleased to present the interview for our October MOTM - Tom. I would like to personally thank Tom for all his work here at the Cafe. When I started the site I thought we would have growth but who knew it would graw this fast? Anyway, Tom was a great member and always helpful so when we needed new mods he was the first I asked. Tom served as mod and always handled things professionally so when we had a few larger projects I asked Tom if he would help admin the site, he accepted and since he has done ALOT of work on this site.

As Tom says in his interview giving admin access to a site is usually not an easy thing or a site owner, in this case it was for me. I hope everyone enjoys this interview and on behalf of everyone thanks for all the work you do Tom!

Ray (Dog Town)

What motivates you to put so much time and effort into this site and what keeps you going?

What motivates me? The people, you guys. I love doing things and in result seeing people happy. I know the Cafe means a lot to a lot of people, it means a great deal to me too...heck, it's my home Knowing that you helped bring forth an amazing site like which we have here, with super-fantastic members, is a great feeling! It is indeed a huge resposibility, but there's great chemistry between all the staff here, which makes even the tougher days easier because we're all one big family and are always around to help/support when needed.

Did you ever meet any member of SkatersCafe in person..? If so, which member(s)..?

Did I ever meet any guys/gals from the cafe? Not really. I guess I can say yes, but that's because the 4 people I have in mind, used to be my skate buddies before I introduced them to the cafe. All 4 have left the cafe since, and I've not talked to any of them in a few months either. I can't recall the member names though In future reference however, I have a goal to meet Ray, the NC locals, Mike(Pathtek4) and Andrew(Choker), the last 2 of which should happen in the next few months God willing

If you had unlimited money what would you do to the café?

If I had unlimited money? I don't even know! There's nothing popping directly into my head at the moment. I believe we have a FANTASTIC site as it is now. The only thing I could even close to think of right now is, buy me a supar smart coder, who would then teach me all the coding ways. That way, if anything ever needed to be done, I could just hop in my chair and get to it

Whats your favorite skate video, and why? Favorite part in it?

Oh man, favorite video part? There's sooo many! Definetly the ending half-pipe session from Animal Chin. Those guys were pushing the envelope like there's no tomorrow. I love that movie, sometimes I just pop it in right to that scene. Rodney's and Haslam's parts from Almost 3, they're like the gods on Mount Olympus! Cheese and Crackers, it's a MUST see! I can't help myself, everytime I watch it, I need to rewind and then play in slow motion! That whole session they do is just jaw-dropping.

^Me pulling a pretty nice ollie right before work one morning

Do you have any other hidden talents?

I wish I had any hidden talents! I can play bass guitar, but that's about it. My skating has dropped in the past few months as well. This is probably my shortest answer...I just don't have any talents...that I know of yet Let me get back to you ^_^

^Me and my best friend Mike, hopefully we'll eb thrashing in a band one day in the future

If there was one moment that you could go back and change in your life, what and why would it be?

There isn't one. I'm not gonna say I have no regrets, but I don't carry them with me through life. Things happen, you just gotta pick up the ball and keep going. I'm thankful for ALL my friends and family, I wouldn't change anything...because it might in turn change things I don't want to change. I have made mistakes in my life, ones that I think about everyday and can't help but wonder what would have happened if I'd gone the other. Though like I said, things happen, you just gotta find a way to move on towards the future. Live for the now, think of the tomorrow, don't dwell on the past.

Boxers or briefs?

Boxers, or commando. It's all good.

In your life, have you ever had any stereotypes labeled on you for any reason? If yes, did you deserve that label?

Oh man, I get this on a daily basis. Whenever I skate around, people always ask for weed, then when I ask them "Does it look like I smoke weed?" they just nod their heads.. Or the fact that I'm really laid back about stuff, people always presume I don't care about anything. It's the usual teenager growth process most people go through. I just take a step back and laugh it off. I find labeling people is the biggest waste of time EVER. There is more to people than what meets the eye. By labeling others, you are choosing to only partially see them. Things that need to be taken seriously, I will take them seriously, but you can't go through life like a stick in the ground. You need to be able to move and be flexible, you will not make it through life just by labeling everything.

^Just havign a good time at the park, older pic, kinda candid shot too

Have you ever been mistaken as the Unabomber?

HAHAHAHAHA! I remember this! Ohh mannn, those were some good times! I don't know, judge for yourself

I actually dug up the old topic, here's a link http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=15199

If you could skate anywhere in the world, where would it be?

Well, I've sort of grown out of the whole "world skate tour" mindset over the years, but I'd love to skate most of Europe actually. Some German/British/Italian/French and the likes, I've seen sooo many great spots. Also, I'd just to go traveling and enjoy the sights there

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

10 years? oh wow, I'll be almost 28... I figure I'll be out of University, living on my own, either working as a teacher, or perhaps playing bass in a band. I've always had a dream of going into music, whether it's a serious band or not, I don't care. I just want to experience the feeling of doing what I love in front of many, MANY people. I'd also like to put together an Iron Maiden tribute project, that'd be amazing I'll probably be traveling though

How would you describe your skating? What do you like to skate, and what tricks do you like to do?

My skating? I don't even know. I don't really have a set style, my tricks are always evolving and changing. I'm more of a tech person. I've never been able to 3flip or hardflip, but I really don't focus on those anymore. I love doing things like kickflip 50s or Boneless 360's and variations of that. My all time favorite tricks that I can do have always been the fakie fs 360 ollie, and the fakie fs bigspin. I just LOVE those tricks with a passion.

What is your favorite time of year? Why?

Probably the summer. Not just because of the great weather, but because there's no school and I get to spend a lot of time with my friends and family, both that I love. A bunch of my friend's birthdays are in the summer months as well, so it's always a good time everyday. Summer's a great time for parties in general, gotta love it

How did you become the second in command at Skaterscafe? Are you related to Dogtown or whatnot? Just wondering how all that stuff came about.

Oh mann, I really couldn't give you the whole story. I'm sure there's bits and pieces that I'll leave out, but Ray could probably fill them in
    So it started shortly after I joined here. I received a message from Ray asking if I'd like to stick around and offer my help in maintaining the website. I gladly agreed as the Cafe was still a young website, and I was a mod at the previous website that I was at, so I knew the ropes pretty well. Over time I guess Ray liked what I had to offer in terms of help/ideas, so I was promoted to Global Staff. I just kept my head up and always did the most I could. I remember one night Ray was moving servers or installing something new, and he already had a lot on his plate. I offered further help that night, and lo and behold, I received a message from him asking if I'd like to Admin alongside Ray. This was a huge deal to me, and it still is. It takes a lot of trust from a website owner in another individual to offer up that kind of invitation. I was extremely happy, and to this day I still am, that Ray and I have such a great trusting friendship. He's a great owner, a great person, and I am really lucky to have been given this opportunity to help build an amazing website for a whole ton of skateboarders!

Take care everyone

^Taken at a summer BBQ. 2 great friends that I've known for 6 years now. Left to right, it's Daniel (Pubes, yes, his nickname is pubes), Alex (AzN, he goes by that name on his raps, amazing freestyler, he's got soo much talent. Also one of my closest friends ever.) And me Three great friends having a heck of a time, a great reflection of the great time we all have here

Cafe Fuzz

Fantastic Interview!
    Soon enough my man, we are goning to get together...it shall happen
    I do that ''slo-mo'' on cheese and crackers alot too...I didnt think some of those tricks were even possible...well, I new they were possible, but I never thought i'd see them..haha!
    Stay cool Tom! Your an awesome role-model for the site, and we all look up to you!
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

nice...
    [img]http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/143/mysigiz8.gif[/img]

God

Man that was awesome, i couldnt sleep so i came to the cafe to amuse myself, had a nice long read and learned some stuff about you. Thats a nice guitar man, sexy interview. Good stuff.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

congrats TOM!! you deserved it!!

I remember the first time I "saw" tom. It was in the SB-C forums after the incident. Handled things so professionally without insulting anyone wich was new to me because at the time I was a SB-C member. I guess im pretty much saying hes the reason im here and I love this site. Congrats Tom, I tis grateful.

Thanks everyone It's really an honour to have been voted the Member of The Month! Hope everyone enjoys the interview

R.I.P Jesushadherpes

All Hail Tom! Oh and nice interview. You think you could get us a vid of you skating Tom?
    R.I.P. Jake Miller

Congratulations Tom, its been a long time coming!

StupidQuarrels

I cannot think of anyone more deserving.. Congratulations Tom..
    And great interview, I enjoyed every word..

Good interview. You deserved MOTM!

That's quite the interview! I really enjoyed reading that. Nice work, Tom!

Glad you won you definatley worked hard enough for it.

I have no plans on changing my signature image.

Nice, you're good guy, Congratulations, Tom.

yeaaa tom
    R.I.P. Jake "JHH" Miller. Always remember those late night Halo 3 drunk as balls matches!

I enjoyed the interview learned alot. Good work Tommy son!

Credit to Etnieskater
    Quote Originally Posted by infernomax
    Sorry man , but that was extremely bad, Especially the singing... Far out..
    One time i saw a dog eating its own SHlT at the park, at that was the crappiest thing that ive witnessed until i heard your song
    Quote Originally Posted by ooder
    rhys, lovvvvvveeeees the c*ck
    Goals By October X=Got it /=Almost

[ ] Fakie Flip
    [ / ] Heelflip
    [ ] Ollie a 4 stair
    [ / ] Varial Kickflip
    [ / ] 360 Flip
    [ / ] 360 Shove it