Fight!Fly!Crow! september MoM interview
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fight!Fly!Crow! september MoM interview

Default Fight!Fly!Crow! september MoM interview

When will the cafe finally see a f.f.c skate video?
    I dont own a video camera, and neither do any of my close friends. If some one wants to come film and edit a video for me that would be awesome.

Do you have any other hobbies besides skating?
    Yes, there are quite a many. I make a lot of clothes, which involves designing, sewing, and making patches. I also make music, and love to listen to and see music performed. I like to watch movies. I really enjoy cooking. And I ride my bike, a lot.

We all know you love music, how many songs do you have on your computer and how many times have you played your most played song?

I have an obnoxious amount of music on my computer. On my 18 gig harddrive I have 16.6 gigs. I had to deleate an album to update my firefox(I chose Dick Dale's greatest hits). That translates to about 4828 songs. Which could play continuously for over 9 and a half days, with out a song repeating. I have three songs currently tied for my top played. They are Activism by Ryan Harvey, The Rust Belt by Mark Gunnery, and Dancing In The Dark by Paul Baribeau and Ginger. The last is a Bruce Springsteen cover.

Fight!Fly!Crow!? What is the amazing story behind this name?
    There is an amazing movie called Hook. You should all go see it right now. When Rufio is trying to rally the Lost Boys behind him he says that Pan can't fight, he can't fly, and he can't even crow. That is where my good friend Jim got the idea for the band name, which is where I stole it from.

Besides how fun it is generally speaking, what are the experiences you would like to thank skating for having made you go through the most ? And how do you think your life would be nowadays if you had never stepped on a skateboard for the first time ?
    Skateboarding means so much to me. There is a pretty clasic getting to know you question which is If your house is burning what is the one possetion you would take with you? My answer is always my skateboard. Not because its my most important possetion, nor is it irreplacable, but because if my house was buring I would need to be skateboarding.

Do you have a job? What do you do for a living?

I have a job, I work at a restaurant downtown called Swifty's. I am the delivery boy. It is a pretty sweet job. I have short hours, but my pay check covers rent and bills. So all the money I make in tips and commision goes directly to my pursuits(food, clothes, paint, music, etc.). As for what I do for a living, its all the hobbies I listed in a previous question.

What are your five favorite songs?

Cat's In The Cradle by Harry Chapin
    Up The Punx by Ghost Mice
    Soliderity Forever which is traditional
    The Bastards of Young by The Replacements
    Big Trouble In The Jungle by Old Crow Medicine Show

Whats your opinion of school?
    I think that education is great. I read all the time, and try to learn as much as I can. But with American schools there are a million areas that are flawed. The biggest error I know is in the vast differences between a rich(mostly white) suburban school, and a poor urban or rural school. I went to a nice public high school in St. Louis county. There were 5 teaches with their doctorate, 5 principals, 6 counsilers, low class sizes, and a tons of resources. The school had a video production program that had the same materials that are used on major motion pictures. But after High School I went to work at a poor school in Philadelphia. There the average class size was 35 students, there was one counciler and one principal for the entire school. And it was vastly under-resourced. There wasn't even a library or computer lab at the school. I think that is the biggest problem with American schools, but there are a lot more.

What things in your life have lead you towards the "against the man" attitude you have?
    My freshman history teacher sucked. He was a very ideologic Christian conservitive. I knew that it was wrong that he preached his beliefs to the class, even though I was not terrible politically aware. I started to read all sorts of different political writers to win arguements against him(and I did not bad, for being 14). That where it started.

What is your opinion on (american) government?
    I am against it.

What is "ya basta"?
    Ya Basta is Spanish for Enough Is Enough. It is the slogan for the indiginous rights group the EZLN. I orignally made my avatar to go with a sig(the one that Zero is now using). The lyrics in the sig are from the Evan Greer song Ya Basta. I think that there are so many situations that screaming Ya Basta would be helpful in, so I like to scrawl the phras on things. I have it written on my skateboard as well as a stick and poke tattoo on my ankle.

What is your opinion on America's justice system? What would you do to make it better?
    I know that it is ineffective, racist and classist. In order to fix it I would eliminate private lawyers. It is terribly unfair that if you a rich you are more likely to get off, because you can afford to pay a lawyer. I would also eliminate the death penelty, and make smaller prisions, with out bars.

What brought you into the punk scene, or how did you become affiliated with it?
    I got into the larger punk movement through skateboarding. But that does not really intrest me, nor is it that great of a story. It was important in my life, but not nearly as important as my involvement with DIY music and culture. In high school my two best friends started a punk band called STF. I would have been in the band, but I have no musical ability(in the traditional sense). But I still worked with the band a ton. I helped them in song writting, did art for them, and did different wierd stuff at their shows(including made toast on stage). They played a couple of pretty big shows in St Louis, and some one asked them to play at a small DIY venue called the Lemp Neighborhood Arts Center. There a band called Dancing Feet March To War played. They completly changed everything about music to me. After the show I talked to the owner of Lemp(who I have become good friends with). We talked for a long time and converted me to one of those militant DIY kids that Chris Johnson talks about in the Against Me! DVD. Since that night I have discovered so much more great music, learned to make my own clothes, made big meals of dumpstered food, hitchhiked across the country, and generally tried to define my world and my actions on my own terms. I have nothing but love and respect for Lemp and Dancing Feet for helping me change my life in this way.

Have you ever had any enlightening experiences in your life? (with or without the use of drugs)? If so, please tell.
    I have never smoked or used illegal drugs, and have not drank for a very very long time. I also have not used medication for about 3 years now, so I have never had an enlightening experiance on drugs. But I have had a few on my own. The most dramatic one is a bit wierd. One night I was meditating(like I do every night) and I heard a large crashing sound. Then I felt a total sense of weightlessness. My first thought was that I died. I went imediatly to "well lets see what happens". It was very enlightening on how I will eventually treat death(if I am still concious, which I have no real thoughts on).

Do you have any pets?
    I dont personally but two of the people I live with do. One roomate has a Beagle puppy named Topper(after the Clash drummer). And another has a 1 year old cat named Elliot Martin Muffincakes. There are pretty awesome.

What made 'Kayce Shelton' crawl back to these forums?
    When I left it was because people were not taking the issues of homophobia and masagony on this board. I kept watching to see the result(mostly out of narcisism), and I saw that people actually started to change their behavior as a result. And I missed having a place to discuss skateboarding. I like to think, way to much. And with a forum it alows me to think too much about something I love.

What CD is in your stereo right now?
    In my little mobile CD player I have an album by Neptune. They are a really awesome noisy grind band that I saw play last night. Its really really good. In my "boombox" I have the blues great Leadbelly's Alabama Bound. Its amazing old school blues

Last edited by le electric chr; 11-12-2007 at 07:48 PM.

posted questions twice

Good interview by the way I know you now FFC!

Fix'd

the font is hard to read, I had to highlight it because yellow on light blue/white is hard, ha

yeah the font is awful
    i agree with robby
    but awsome photos and interview !

Maybe the font should be changed. I had to read it in word to change the colour.

Just highlight it when you read it..

Great interview, the part about making toast on stage made me laugh
    Please take my skateboard officer, I want rollerblades

that house by that tree in portland oregon

awesome man very wise man you are
    THANK THE LORD...PASS THE AMMUNITION, GOD WANTS YOU TO FIGHT

angry, young & beautiful

nice interview. what if i told you i had footage of you?
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

=] F!F!C! nice interview man! you were definitely souped for this.

Cafe Dream Team <3

Oh.My.GLOB

a read worth reading!

(and you kayce know better than many here how hard i am to please...ah memories of F!)
    "Hail Caesarean"

Cafe Fuzz

Were gonna have to change that font guys, gosh, I can't even read it
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Global Moderator

Please, change the font. Electric, you should know by now that its almost impossible to read yellow unless it's on a dark color. haha.

Color scheme not chosen by me, but F!F!C! said he wanted it kept.

I use the dark skin, so I think it looks fine. But you should change the color to something else, its tough to read on the classic.
    I learned paint by numbers, but knew it wasn't rock n roll.

I dont belive in cops, bosses, or politicians.
    Some call that anarchism.
    I call it having a heart.

Changed.

Excellent interview. Quite an interesting read.

The neckbeard makes me sad though. D:
    :P

Cafe Fuzz

NOW I CAN READ IT ! Very nice interview, good to get to know the guy behind FFC a bit more!
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

Nice interview!

Does the bottom word on the shirt in the last pic say rape? (teh lulzorz)

ya basta for sure

Nice interview, i like the pictures.

para ti

whatever rows your floating boat