le electric chr, october MoM interview

Thread: le electric chr, october MoM interview

Default le electric chr, october MoM interview

What drew you towards photography?
    I don't know really, I think it was just the fact that I'd browse Flickr for hours on end, and I said "i want to do something like that" everytime I saw a good photo.

If you could go on a photo session with 3 skaters anywhere in the world who would you go with and where?
    My closest friends and anywhere here in California. This place is chockfull of spots

How far would you like to take your photography?
    It's just staying a hobby for now, I don't think I'd major in it. I have much bigger plans in mind.

You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?
    Haha, good question. Well, since I'm the height of a nickel, I'd just sit under the blades, and when the next person in my house uses the blender, they'll get me out.

If you think you have to improve on one thing in photography, what would it be and how would you improve it?
    Not quite sure, maybe try out some different things, more diversity. Composition as well

Outside the cafe, would you consider yourself intravert or extravert? and do you make it a point to be the opposite sometimes to balance it out?
    You mean, am I social or do I keep to myself? It depends, usually I'm very talkative and loud, but there's just those days where I don't want to talk much to anyone or do anything. It just really depends, but I definitely feel that I am more outgoing than reserved

What drives you to be such an active mod?
    Having nothing better to do. Haha, seriously though, I just come on here if I don't have anything to do and look for whatever needs to be deleted/whoever needs to be banned

As a filmer myself, Im interested, whats your photography set up?
    Haha, as a photographer you mean. I am using my dad's old Nikon D80 with the kit 18-135mm lens. I can't really afford anything more at the moment, no job = no money which = no more camera gear :[

WHAT is the capital of Assyria ?
    Assur. Yes, I did indeed look it up

Why have you stopped skating so much?
    It stopped being fun. It was becoming more of a job rather than something I can do to have fun, that's why

Who is your favorite photographer?
    I can't say I have one. Probably some of the guys whose photos I've subscribed myself to on Flickr

Anyways, what do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?
    Some architectual stuff or engineering, that's always been something I was interested in.

Your so good at photography but hardly skate anymore, do you think that will effect your passion of photography of skating?
    I guess I could see it affecting my passion for skateboarding, probably because I'll miss it. Even though I still cruise around on my cruiser, I'll start to miss doing tricks, and I'll pick up my board again

If you could do one member on this site, who would it be?
    EB fo sho ;]

Why are manhole covers round as opposed to being square?
    So that it doesn't amputate your toe if the corner falls on your foot if you drop it. I have no clue

What are some of your favorite bands?
    Against Me! (NOT their last album)
    Blue Scholars (courtesy of enigmatic)
    Sublime
    Bomb the Music Industry
    Black Eyes
    The Aquabats

How's life living in Cali?
    Very good, very good indeed, I love it here, it's nice all year round, even though it's been kind of cold lately, and they say that its going to rain the rest of this week. Lost of skatespots/picture perfect spots though, gotta love that

Shoutouts: I'd like to give a shoutout to all the people I talk to on MSN/AIM, and the entire staff. Cheers.

IAMCANADIAN

great interview man, and you answered my blender question!

Nice interview. The photographs are pretty impressive, especially the last one, the perspective really makes the skater seem really high. The whole scene is great too.

Nice to hear that you would consider returning to street skating.

What's with the lack of an edit button on the article responses?
    Last edited by Presto; 12-18-2007 at 01:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    :P

Haha great interview! You definitely deserved Motm!

It's about time you won this. Congrats man, your photography is awesome, keep it up.
    There's time to rest when you're dead
    Let's Live

Quote Originally Posted by bkolvolcom19 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred Sled
    Probably not. I think phlap is right. The guys would end up wearing tight spandex. That would be disgusting
    yeah but most likely if they have a mens skateboarding in the olympics they will have womens also...so yeah

congrats! nice interview man.

Sick interview.

Big ups for the photos man.

Cheers LEC, your a good man :]

cooler than you

I LOVE the Aquabats.
    my fs biggie goes pew pew over you.

LIKDAPEEN

Finally, someone got it who deserved it.

****, nice photos, buddy

Very nice, congrats...long over due.

Yes, what a brilliant interview. Long awaited, worth the wait I'd say =]

Retired Staff

This interview was definately worth the wait and holy bajeebers nice quality photo's mate
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Nice interview LEC! Yes, and those are nice photos.

Cafe Dream Team <3

wait..there is a member of the month contest??
    sweeeeeet