EastonBryan november MOTM!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EastonBryan november MOTM!!

Default EastonBryan november MOTM!!

So, finally EastonBryan got his long awaited, long antisipated and definatly long-time deserved member of the month award and it's a good one. Enjoy:

If there was 1 thing in your life that you could change, what may it be? Why?
    Well, to be perfectly honest there are plenty more than 1 thing about my life I would want differed. Nothing major, mind you, but many a things.

Hmm, this is actually a toughy. So Ill do one skate thing and one life thing.

For skating, I think I have a decent style overall but I really dont like how I set up/catch my tricks. I tend to grind my foot along the grip tape quite a bit to set up. As for catching them, flip tricks always seem to rotate 3/4ths in the air and the last 1/4 under my feet.

As for real life, at times I let things get to me that shouldnt. I have some form of anger issues at times, and they can be activated by the most minimal discomfort or me being offended by something.

What made you decide to leave Australia and move to the States? Was this a positive move?
    Hahaha, well my brother and I got adopted so it wasnt really our choice. Our Pops died and our Mum went elsewhere so we got put into foster care or whatever.

After 2 or 3 years in there, an American family that lived in Australia adopted us. Later, they decided to move back here to the States! So, here I am!

How long does it take you to edit one of your montages?
    Depends really man. It takes a while though. For a 3 minute montage it takes somewhere near an hour and a half to capture, think, and edit the actual video.

But, if Im having trouble finding a song or capturing or thinking of something creative as timing then it could take hours upon hours.

So, Ill say anywhere between 1 hour and 5 hours.

Do you think you would want to make skating and video/video editing your professional career?
    I would not want skating to be my career. I really just dont enjoy it that much.

As for videography/video editing its the complete opposite. I love filming and have spent my lifes savings on my set up so theres no turning back now.

If I could somehow make skateboard filming my career, I would be extremely happy almost no matter what the pay.

A lot of people don't know how when you first came to this forum you tricked a few of us. Tell everyone about it.
    Oh man, this one is amazing. Thanks for asking this!

Alright, so when I first joined this website I persuaded the members that I was in my early 20s, engaged, and just starting skateboarding. None of which were true in the least bit.

I was 14 at the time, had recently moved to the United States, and had been skating around a year.

I remember making a thread asking about pop shove its and saying I broke my jaw on one skating flatground. Really, this happened, but it wasnt flatground. Pop shoves down 9 stairs arent my specialty. I hit the tail and it popped and hit me in the face.

Crazy stuff! Pretty hilarious seeing as though most people believed it. I never made a thread saying I lied either, it just kind of blew over.

How do you feel about me naming my boy after you? (From Newbed)
    Really Cody, its an honour. You are a great guy and a good skater. You really need some confidence because its the only thing you lack.

As for the name, just make sure he lives up to the standards I have layed down. Do not let him mess up his life, for the sake of mine.

Who on the Cafe would you most like to skate with? For what reasons?
    Way too hard, Ill make a list.

Newbed because you know, the lad is my best friend. He shreds and he needs to teach me casper flips. I love you broseph.

Tristan because... well where do I start?! I love this lad, he is a goooooood man. Hes coming out to visit me asap and were gonna shred. It aint easy bein steezy, but he pulls that off likes its nothing.

Unalive even though he doesnt skate. Id just like to go out to lunch with him. Hes real interesting and has a great taste in music. Weatherman for President.

Id really like to film/shoot with Le Electric Chr. Hes an ill photographer that could deffy show me a few things here and there.

Sev7n, my favorite asian. Hes hilarious and always cheers me up fuh sho.

What is your opinion on the skate scene in your home town?.
    I am in love with it. We get hate on a lot by Cali kiddos but thats because they cant take us.

We have a LEGIT as hell skate scene. Many nice AMs, Many nice Flow kids. Everyone gets along and commends people on tricks since we all skate the same stuff.

do you listen to music when you skate? if so what music?
    I listen to rap/hip hop/indie/folk/techno when I skate.

Current playlist is this:
    White Rabbit/Jefferson Airplane
    Cornbread/Freestyle Fellowship
    Bokkie/Elefant
    Title and Registration/Death Cab for Cutie
    Tire Swing/Kimya Dawson
    Piazza, New York Catcher/Belle & Sebastian
    Sea of Love/Cat Power
    Anyone Else but You/The Moldy Peaches
    Ill believe in Anything/Wolf Parade

your opinons of why you skate? Why do you actually do it?
    Ha, everyone is expecting the ever cliche I do it because it makes me feel free.

Really, I dont even skate often. When we go to a spot, I film 95% of the time and skate 5%.

I dont get a huge thrill of it, except handrails. I adore handrails. I dont really have much else to say freal.

What inspires you in your art? What makes you decide that you gotta make a new piece?
    I KNOW unalive asked this . Well really it comes from extreme boredom and/or a creative idea.

Boredom usually leads to Creative Ideas. I get inspiration from the oddest things. These can range from friends and family to a shadow cast by a plant in the late afternoon.

Art comes from the oddest places, which is why I love it. Its great, and lets me express myself in ways that 99% of people cant.

What is your current setup?
    Krkd 8 Team Edition Yellow Skull
    Venture White and Red Trucks
    Ricta 49mm White Lightning Wheels
    Bones Super Swiss Bearings
    Jessup Grip
    7 pieces of hardware not 8 for good luck.

Why did you have your surname before your first name in your username?
    Honestly, I really dont know man! It just kinda worked out. I remember when I first signed up good old Pathtek4 sent me a PM asking if I was from Easton, Pennsylvania.

But freal, I really dont. I guess I didnt wanna just have my username be my name (Bryan Easton) so I had to mix it up a little!

Any fundemental editing tips to share with anyone interested ?
    Be creative. Editing is 50% in the filming too though boys, remember that.

Being a good editor is about being creative and going out of the norm. Dont just trim the clips and slap a song on, think of a song that flows.

A great example is the team park montage from Enjoi Bag of Suck (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYcvGljPRg) which I think is the perfect montage. Watch that, its amazing.

So, in turn, dont do the norm. Mainstream music is a bit of a nono too because who wants to hear the same old stuff?!

Just edit, and remember there is always an undo button.

Shoutouts too:

Cody aka Newbed
    Tristan aka Tristan
    Brad aka unalive
    John aka Le Electric Chr
    Dale aka Dr Feelgood
    Nick aka ThisIsOriginal
    Mike aka Pathtek4
    Henry aka HazzaDaShizz
    Ahren aka Atrain
    Tom aka soap.

Catch some footy of EastonBryan. He's the goofy skater!
    http://vimeo.com/461639

congrats EASTON
    RIP JHH, GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN

Global Moderator

word

Congrats EB.

I agree, that enjoi montage = sex.

great interveiw, congrats Easton.
    http://www.youtube.com/terence123trh

R.I.P JJH

Quote Originally Posted by acidsk8er14 View Post
    omg man
    dude im sorry but i might as well tear off both of your legs before you become the next chris haslam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati via msn
    yeah i learned how to uhh bone? them

cooler than you

Thanks for the many shout outs babe.

I love the dickens out of you!

NB <3 EB
    Cody loves Easton!
    my fs biggie goes pew pew over you.

Cafe Fuzz

Brilliant interview...2 thumbs WAY up!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

LIKDAPEEN

Oh yay, I'm in teh shoutouts! Woo.

Nice interview man.

Love Nick. whom is better than newbed.

Retired Staff

I was stoked when I seen the interview up! It was a good one for sure, I thought I knew everything about you haha but there was more to learn! Thanks for the shoutouts too bro, love you man straight up!
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Thanks guys :]

Hope it was a decent interview :]

nice one man!!
    big l rest in peace

hahahah this is pretty cool dude! i had no idea u had such a background, jeez haha!! those pics of YOU are pretty tight too! congrats!

A55

I'm now a photographer, but I still skate.
    Oh, & I <3 Skater's Cafe.

Awesome read, I feel like editing now! hahaha

Wow, nice interview. I need a camera...so I can be EXACTLY like you

angry, young & beautiful

Nice interview bryan.
    any relationship that matters - a friendship, a family, a romance, a band - anything - is a perilous and fragile thing because along with all the amazing experiences and creations that can come from something so intimate and exhausting comes the possibility for things to crumble and shatter or whither and die. when that happens, it's easy to forget what was precious amidst all the disaster. we should always carry our history with us but never let it bury us.

T.R.E.A.M.

Congratulations, Bryan. =] You deserve it, boyo. Interesting read.
    I always felt bad for the kids who had to share their faces with sad teenagers across the world who found something to fill their loss, without ever addressing the cause.

Quote Originally Posted by unalive View Post
    I want Jesus riding through a field of locust flowers on the back of an animal that's 1/3 beetle, 1/3 hippo, and 1/3 platypus, while 50 winged midgets with spear guns hunt flamingo-sharks.

God

Hahaha i remmeber you telling me you were in your early 20's, good times. Nice interview man, cause we talk on msn i felt like i knew alot of the answers to your questions, that must mean we are like related or something...RIGHT?!!? Anyway good to see you take MOM. THANKS FOR THE SHOUT OUT <3
    Much love old friend

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Hey man, you've really come through the thick of things.
    Great interview.
    And thanks for the shoutout. I really appreaciate it.
    LULZICANTDOTRICKS

Gnar Shreddage!

Since when is Bryan Easton named "Josh Whitaker?"
    Quote Originally Posted by MRCK View Post
    STG is the punch of real life through your cyber teeth

I'm pretty disappointed if this really is fake.

Gnar Shreddage!

I guess he skates with a bunch of the locals at my local park... but still i have no idea who he is? lol