Tristan! January MoM interview

Thread: Tristan! January MoM interview

Default Tristan! January MoM interview

Yes yes, here it is, finally the long awaited interview with Tristan

What is it that inspired you to pick up a board?

When I was in grade four and five I beilive it was all about "Tony Hawk's Gigantic Tour" show that I always watched at like 3 in the morning I decided to give it a shot and what do ya know, I am here today with my piece of wood doing things I would never of imagined.

Whats the best feeling trick that you do? And whats the least, why do you do it if doesnt feel good?

Well there are 2, I love the flow of my kflips of course, who doesnt right? As well as I live for my fakie tre flips, I just can't get enough of them. I am gonna try and pop them in nollie but as it stands right now, fakie tre's are my most flowy trick per say.

We all know you can hardflip between your legs. But what other DGK qualities does your skating hold?

Well, if I am playing a game of skate and if the trick isn't clean, I will often let the next person go and say my trick done didn't count. I think the have the perfection on a trick it should be bolts, bolts and more bolts. And we all know I got the ice and baggy clothes to go with it, heh

Has skating changed your life and if so how?

Oh my dear lord, skating has changed my life I think more than almost anything. I met so many good friends through skating at local parks and what not. I move alot, more than any kid should have to go through and mostly I meet my new buddies in the new place from skating, which is great and it makes me feel really accepted. Also if I didn't skate, I wouldn't be on the Cafe and let me tell you the Cafe is the most dominate place on the web!

What kind of music are you into?/Do you play any instruments/make music?

I am into more of the hip-hop/rap scene, but it's none of that 50 Cent garbage or mainstream rap you see on T.V, that just gives the whole industry a bad name. It is mostly underground rap that I bump to and have been for quite some time now. Well, as far as playing instruments and making music goes. I don't play instruments anymore not because I hate on the whole scene of other music but for the fact, it requires so much pace of talent and when I tried the guitar a few times, I didn't have the type of talent (cheers to all you guys that rock out with instruments, respect to yall). But although I do still make my own music, I am supposed to go to a city not to far away from me to record some spits in the booth, I will let yall know how that goes after done and give you all links to some tunes made by your boy

My question is, since your Canadian, how do you say "about"? PS: record it on video.

Well what can I say to this heh, my camera is ghetto and aside from that I can't find the Kodak disk to install on my new computer to put vids on. But I will say I am pretty sure we say "about" like every other human being, we aren't some sort of creature right?

I haven't known you much, but how come you're so kind to spammers?

I wouldn't say I am "kind" to "spammers" but I am kind to all newcomers on the site, I mean I am sure most of us mods started off spamming and look where were at now right? Everybody needs to be given a shot and when given you gotta take it and learn from it.

Four people need to cross a rickety rope bridge to get back to their camp at night. Unfortunately, they only have one flashlight and it only has enough light left for seventeen minutes. The bridge is too dangerous to cross without a flashlight, and it's only strong enough to support two people at any given time. Each of the campers walks at a different speed. One can cross the bridge in 1 minute, another in 2 minutes, the third in 5 minutes, and the slow poke takes 10 minutes to cross. How do the campers make it across in 17 minutes?

Well, in this situation the fastest person would have to push everyone who be slower off and be greedy and hog the flashlight themselves while he watches his campee's drowned in the water below them. I'm right aren't I?

If you could go back in time to any time period, without any consequences and be able to come home safe, where would you go and why?

Well if I could go back in time it wouldn't be to any ancient rome themes or any thing like that. It would definitely be to have had make my life better and not be so dumb to have gotten kicked out at such a young age from my parent's house. Most people would think "dude, you can go anywhere why choose that" but let me tell you try not seeing your parents and have them not want you on your 16th birthday and you would know. I wanna take this time right now to say "EVERYBODY MAKE SMART DECISIONS IN LIFE BECAUSE THERE'S NO TAKING THEM BACK IN MOST CASES, BE COOL AND STAY IN SCHOOL".

I hear Canadians are part beaver. Is this true? Explain.

This isn't true what-so-ever. I'm not part beaver however I am full beaver yes thats right, my tail is gigantically enormous if you get me.

What's the skate scene like up in Canada and how has it influenced your skating?

What can I say, the skate scene is killer, so many beautiful people rolling around the parks. I like it, in the summer the weather is so gorgeous to just go rip. Especially where I live in Calgary, by the Millennium skatepark, a gigantic concrete park. Although I just moved here I haven't got the chance to go rip it yet but the time will come!

Is Tristan your real name?

Yeah Tristan is my real name and I am pretty cool I know, Isolde is alright I guess too.

Please tell us how you make money so fast in both life and that computer game Runescape?

Well theres a huge keyword for this, it's called "J-O-B" And as well as Runescape goes heh, I guess just woodcut yews until your hands fall off. But the game overall is pretty wack.

Do you snowskate up there in Canada?

Nah I used to board a couple years back but what can I say it gets dang cold here in winter, I can't take the freezing weather so I had to pass it up Plus, winter is when I hit the gym and ball until I drop.

What's the best combo you've done and on what obstacle?

I honestly can't remember my "best combo" I have so many that I feel are my best combo's heh. But I sure can remember my "best feeling combo". I rocked this HUGE quarter, mannied this sick step-up that you have to pop huge for and than feeb stalled another HUGE quarter. I mean its definitely not close to any of my "best combo's" but it sure was one of my favorites, I was just feeling the flow, it felt sick. Especially because the QP's were humongous beyond all measures, wish I could go back to that day, the line felt nice but just keepin it easy and laid back.

How old where you when you started skateboarding?

Well when I was in grade 5 I skated for a few months than gave it up. Than come grade 8 I took it back up again and since than I have skated. Sometimes it has been off and on due to not being able to afford new trucks, decks, etc. But, pretty much stuck with it since than, I had alot of supportive friends so that helped and was always a plus.
    How come everyone loves you?

How'd you find SC?

I found SC by searching "skateboarding forums" in google and what do ya know, I've been on the Cafe since Gotta love it!

When 2-Pac comes back from the dead and offers you a record deal do you think you'll still skate as much?

I'll have to balance both out heh but we'll see what happens I think I have a deal coming up soon anyway to be honest, I have been talking to alot of producers and what not. But, I will be sure to keep you updated.

What kind of music, if any, do you listen to while skating? What bands/groups?

I usually listen to my basic music while skating. However pretty much every song from Gangstarr get's me STOKED to shred. Such as "Mass Appeal", "Right Where You Stand" and plenty more.

I think there are some cats that definitely deserve some shoutouts: LEC for putting together this MoM; Mike, well do I gotta say why? EastonBryan, always supportive of me; Soap, was good to me from the start I gotta say; Ray, same thing as Mike, do I gotta say why? Tom, for being a great fellow beaver and being good to me from the start as well, hopefully someday we'll meet up and rip; and TIO, he always gives me a good laugh

ALL OF THE STAFF OF SKATERSCAFE, YOU ALL DO GREAT AND AS MIKE WOULD SAY "DO WORK"!

Finally, you posted it up! Gratz on the MoM, and mod status, and awesome interview!

awesome interview!

the combo question was mine!Im so proud!

well anyways you deffinatly deserved it.

stay fly tristan.

Sweet interview!

grats on The member of the month award, modship...etc etc.

Go Tristan!

Congrats Tristan. You really deserved it, Mr. Mod!
    Hello image/ Sing me a line from your favourite song/ Twist and turn but you're trapped in the light/ All the directions were wrong...
    1962 Reissue Olympic White Fender Jazzmaster for shizz.
    Click for my YouTube channel^

great interview, congrats Tristan
    http://www.youtube.com/terence123trh

R.I.P JJH

Quote Originally Posted by acidsk8er14 View Post
    omg man
    dude im sorry but i might as well tear off both of your legs before you become the next chris haslam!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mati via msn
    yeah i learned how to uhh bone? them

Thanks for the shoutout.

Good interview for all those ****ty questions.

LIKDAPEEN

I love you Tristan. <3

syrup sipper

Ahh yes it's finally here, and my question about 2-pac made it on! What's this no shoutout...for shame Tristan. Haha just kidding mate. Glad to see your back and starting your off right with a nice new mod spot. Congrats on that and member of the month you totally deserve it.
    Back 3 kickflip?

I'm in the 550 ballin, you know
    If you high like the sky I'm above pluto

Good interview bud, take care.

darn i was hoppen u snowskated
    but ballen is awsome

Good interview, bro!

wooo Tristann

nice interview!

Cafe Dream Team <3

Retired Staff

Sorry I didn't get any pics/footy guys, I tried my hardest. But, it seems like you guys enjoyed it anyway, cheers all!
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

Global Moderator

^I didn't like it.

I want some hardflippers between the legs, dammit!

What in bloody hell did you do to make your parents not want you anymore? Ha, you remind me of Grant Patterson.
    Shirts like dresses and rap mewzik.

Try Hip Hop by Dead Prez.
    Caswell Berry used it.
    Great song, gets me pumped.
    So does almost any Hollywood Undead.
    Merging doublepost
    Quote Originally Posted by shorty's_kid View Post
    ^I didn't like it.

I want some hard between the legs, dammit!

o_0
    Damn shorty
    Merging doublepost
    Oh yeah, what "aboot" some pics of you?
    Last edited by Flipperz; 03-28-2008 at 10:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    I have noticed that everyone who says life is predestined, and we can do nothing to change it, still look before they cross the road.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Flipperz View Post
    What in bloody hell did you do to make your parents not want you anymore? Ha, you remind me of Grant Patterson.
    Shirts like dresses and rap mewzik.

Try Hip Hop by Dead Prez.
    Caswell Berry used it.
    Great song, gets me pumped.
    So does almost any Hollywood Undead.
    Merging doublepost

o_0
    Damn shorty
    Merging doublepost
    Oh yeah, what "aboot" some pics of you?
    I like Patterson but trust me son, if he was half as "ghetto" as me he wouldn't of even been able to make a video for a sponsor me, such as myself. I have heard Hip Hop by Dead Prez before, calm down.
    "Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine as children do. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own lights shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."

last question was mine
    i love gangstarr man guru's flow is out of this world...

Remember JHH.

haha just came upon this had to say well done.