• Still no

9 7.83%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.48%
  • Yes, I am new here!

26 22.61%
  • Zombie from long ago

17 14.78%
Page 3000 of 3009 FirstFirst ... 2000250029002950299029982999300030013002 ... LastLast
Results 59,981 to 60,000 of 60177

Thread: Post your random thought.

Skate Pirate

I'm fanboying hard on this page. I apologize to those amongst us who thought I was calm and collected.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Shorty's_Kid rocking the arts scene!

http://voyagephoenix.com/interview/a...or-mcgoldrick/

Banned

Earth Punk

It looks like I'm working 6 days a week for the next couple of months. The upside of that is that I will be able to put together a recording set up. The downside is exhaustion.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Buh buh goatdick. Anyone joining (again) with an IP address from the Dakotas but claiming to be from elsewhere will be vetted.

Earth Punk

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Buh buh goatdick. Anyone joining (again) with an IP address from the Dakotas but claiming to be from elsewhere will be vetted.
    Did he finally give up that fake nice "Gee Rev!'" bullshit? It's kinda weird and creepy to me to declare how much hatred you have for someone then follow them around.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Did he finally give up that fake nice "Gee Rev!'" bullshit? It's kinda weird and creepy to me to declare how much hatred you have for someone then follow them around.
    Was he the creeper that followed you around the internet and made accounts just to harass you?

Earth Punk

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Was he the creeper that followed you around the internet and made accounts just to harass you?
    Yeah. It started with him claiming to be 15 on SBC and making over 100 posts calling me a pedo. There were also some incidents where things I posted on one site I have been active on for years ended up on SBC that even though he might not have been in on he certainly capitalized on. Followed by coming over here using the same aliases he gave me shit with over there and blowing sunshine up my ass.
    Last edited by Rev J; 08-05-2018 at 08:57 PM.

C/S,
    Rev J

LeftLaneClosed

What in the blue fuck is handboarding?? and is there also handscootering??
    It's the best non skate, skate thing since skate 3

LeftLaneClosed

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Wait, Skaterchan from Youtube?
    Yupp!

Gravity Slave Moderator

I drew the line at a post denigrating the handicapped.. a bad joke about revs clients. If he wants to join as himself and not be a dick that's fine. The passive aggressive bullshit under a sock puppet finally jumped the shark.

Earth Punk

What a scumbag. You might want to ban Thrashmaster too so that he can't use that account to get back in.
    Last edited by Rev J; 08-06-2018 at 06:45 PM.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Shorty's_Kid rocking the arts scene!

http://voyagephoenix.com/interview/a...or-mcgoldrick/
    Thanks for the shout!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    What a scumbag. You might want to ban Thrashmaster too so that he can't use that account to get back in.
    If he uses his real account to come in and post that's probably ok assuming he isn't posting hate speech directed at people who can't defend themselves here.

Earth Punk

http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/20...-on-patio.html

Obviously this came from Fox News as they felt the need to point out that it was a black bear. If it was a brown bear they would've pointed out how he came over the wall and stole those hard working white peoples pizza.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

I got hooked on Reddit at work after being turned onto the HVAC subreddit while searching for a painfully obscure bit of information. Anyway, when it gets slow, I'll hop around askreddit and writingprompts. I find myself being fascinated with alternate nerd stuff...I wrote 5 pages on an alternative economic theory laid out in writingprompts, wherein the salary of any given job is inversely proportional to its desirability, using a rating system that took into account long-term and short-term health hazards, prestige, mental wear-and-tear, and a few other things. It's all BS, of course, as the extent of my education in economic theory is AP Econ in high school, then 2 econ courses in college.

Anyway, today's prompt is an alternate history that I'm exploring: The moon landing wasn't faked, the entire United States was faked. Being that I (briefly) majored in history in college, I geeked hard when I read that one. I began exploring the roots of our modern democracy, dating back to the European renaissance. I got so far as to establish a sub-level of Euro intellectuals, consisting primarily of university students and recent graduates, setting up a wild prank that got a little out of hand. Towards the end of my first page, they're publishing propaganda and falsifying reports from the New World. So, I'm quite excited to see where this little writing experiment takes me. History Of Western Civ was one of my favorite classes in the history curriculum, when I was studying such things.

Earth Punk

I've been thinking lately of doing an anti conspiracy theory conspiracy theory video. If you look at the whole conspiracy theory culture it is essentially a cult. Even the way conspiracy theory videos are set up, the way that they use language, and present information is virtually identical to cult brainwashing techniques.

C/S,
    Rev J

Heads up... a sometime lurker dropping in...

Hi Rev J, Well, if you do decide to do an anti-conspiracy theory video, you have a lot of choices in the direction that you want to take. Classics include the JFK assassination, the moon landing, 9/11, big ag (genetic engineering/round up resistant crops) poisoning the food chain... the list is endless. A short while back, people were questioning if we live in a computer simulation (e.g. The Matrix). Is your focus going to be topical, or are you intending to focus on the communications aspect?

On a different note:
    Honestly, peeps like goatdick stand out like a sore thumb just by the contents of the posts. Not much vetting needed.

Skate on boys and enjoy summer. It'll get dark and cold soon enough.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 08-11-2018 at 11:57 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Earth Punk

The communications aspect and some behavioral analysis. For example one of the earliest recorded use of drugs for mind control were the "Hash Eaters" in what is currently known as Iran. At the beginning of Islam there was an Emam who found an oasis in the desert brought in prostitutes and gave young men large amounts of Hashish and repeated his interpretations of the Quaran. He also told them that this is what paradise would be waiting for them if they killed and died for the cause. No most of the conspiracy theorists that I have known personally get stoned and sit in front of YouTube and watch conspiracy theory videos for hours on end essentially brainwashing themselves.

There are also certain sloganeering techniques like "New World Order", "This is where it gets interesting," or "Prepare to get your mind blown". Use of information overload where you have to watch the same video multiple times to get all of the information out of them. Use of voice distortion, speeding up or slowing down audio so that you have to watch a video multiple times to understand what is being said. Also how music is used and the theory of entrainment is used to manipulate emotions and physical responses making one more susceptible to the message of the videos producers.

A lot of these techniques are also used by cult leaders as indoctrination and a means to keep people in line so to speak. IMHO it really is cult like. Part of the issue is that within a lot of conspiracy theories there is a kernal of truth or some actual data that is manipulated to further the conspiracy theorists agenda.

C/S,
    Rev J

Interesting... there are many techniques used today in everyday politics that have some of the same elements including.... repetition. But I'm a gonna stop here because it wouldn't be right for me to drop in out-of-the-blue and stir the pot in your virtual home with a political... ahem.... discussion. Interesting stuff that you put forward so far. If you do make the vid, I'm interested in seeing it.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/