Post your random thought. - Page 3080

View Poll Results: Do you miss 2020?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    60 81.08%
  • Still no

    9 12.16%
  • Meh

    4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

    1 1.35%
Page 3080 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 2080258029803030307030783079308030813082 ... LastLast
Results 61,581 to 61,600 of 61667

Thread: Post your random thought.

  1. #61581
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Am I the only one that sees irony in the Enhanced Federal Unemployment Insurance being cut for 7 million+ this week (Around labor day)?
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  2. #61582
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Am I the only one that sees irony in the Enhanced Federal Unemployment Insurance being cut for 7 million+ this week (Around labor day)?
    And the Supreme Court said no more extensions in eviction moratorium. I can agree if stuffs open people need to go back to work and the landords also need their money.

  3. #61583
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    I'm proud that we're busy making 'Merica great again.
    Food and shelter are overrated.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  4. #61584
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    I'm proud that we're busy making 'Merica great again.
    Food and shelter are overrated.
    Gonna be sketchy with 7 million people suddenly extremely desperate. We really will need UBI soon. Automation and AI are replacing these jobs way faster than new ones will be created in the next decade. It's definitely coming and it's going to be a bloodbath when too many are displaced. This is just a rumble of things to come. Just wait until even the military is all robots. You can't even just go join the military to avoid being homeless when we get there. Murika!!!

  5. #61585
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    So.... In your opinion would UBI be a stopgap measure or a full time program? Lot's of debate around UBI.... but yes, times are changing faster than society and the people within it can adjust to the changes.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 09-10-2021 at 09:27 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  6. #61586
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    So.... In your opinion would UBI be a stopgap measure or a full time program? Lot's of debate around UBI.... but yes, times are changing faster than society and the people within it can adjust to.
    I don't like the idea of people not having as much purpose like a paid vocation. But, I don't see any alternative than that or genocide when the global people labor needs drop below people labor supply.

    In the latest edition of why 2021 sucks more than 2020 our chinchilla died last night. Totally fine one minute... then limp at the bottom of the cage the next. Died in my daughter's arms. We buried him in the back yard around midnight. He was only about 3 years old. They usually live 15-20 years. She's devastated. Chinchillas come up on the free rehoming pet pages from time to time. We'll probably get another one but miss Hamilton..

  7. #61587
    Skate Pirate
    rockst*r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wearing socks on my elbows
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    On the 20th anniversary of the WTC attacks, I've been re-remembering all that shit again.
    As it pertains to the conversation at hand, I received some terrible advice from high school guidance counselors: I was told not to go into IT and computers because that market would be flooded by the time we graduated college, that trades (tech center type stuff) was for druggies and losers, and that literally any college degree would guarantee me a million dollars more over the course of my life so it didn't matter what I studied, just that I went to college.

  8. #61588
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    On the 20th anniversary of the WTC attacks, I've been re-remembering all that shit again.
    As it pertains to the conversation at hand, I received some terrible advice from high school guidance counselors: I was told not to go into IT and computers because that market would be flooded by the time we graduated college, that trades (tech center type stuff) was for druggies and losers, and that literally any college degree would guarantee me a million dollars more over the course of my life so it didn't matter what I studied, just that I went to college.
    Ya, flag out front here. I'm kinda hoping the 20th was the last REALLY BIG deal they make about the horror. I lived on LI for most of the 80s and it's now one of the two most disruptive things this century nationally and globally. That said, we don't need to read the name of every single Pearl harbor victim every Dec 7th. I put the flag out then too. Let's never forget, but let's also move on and try to do better as a planet of diverse cultural humans.

  9. #61589
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,817

    Default

    Whats going on here, daddys lost


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  10. #61590
    ::.. MaX ..:: infernomax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Coffs Harbour, Australia
    Age
    31
    Posts
    3,220

    Default

    So much time away from here, can't believe the OG's Pathtek and Dr Feelgood are still lurking
    Skate for the Love, not the Rank ~ Infernomax

    FIRST DECK ON 28-Jul-06 20:06
    He has Risen from the dead

    www.youtube.com/infernomax

  11. #61591
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,817

    Default

    lurk 4 life my dude ! Good to see ya my aussie brother


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  12. #61592
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    If I was back in college and going to a Halloween party this year I'd totally dress up as Nicky Manaj's cousin's friend.. Just wear sweat pants and stuff a couple basketballs in them.

  13. #61593
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Nicky who?

    Lol. You know that you're a dinosaur when you see the entertainment news feeds and all you can think is... "Who the heck is that?"
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  14. #61594
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    Wonderful.

    China’s embattled developer Evergrande is on the brink of default.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/17/chin...tor-risks.html

    This is billed as China's "Leahmon Brothers" moment. We all know how that turned out. I wonder how this is going to pan out.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  15. #61595
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Wonderful.

    China’s embattled developer Evergrande is on the brink of default.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2021/09/17/chin...tor-risks.html

    This is billed as China's "Leahmon Brothers" moment. We all know how that turned out. I wonder how this is going to pan out.
    It's the result of the government reigning in the monopoly capitalism that was thriving there. Now they can't pay their bills on the over valued properties that got to be overvalued due to corporate greed. The Gen Pow Chickens have come home to roost.

    Buckle up... it's going to be a bumpy week on Wall Street... Worse than Nicky Manaj's cousin's friend's balls

  16. #61596
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,926

    Default

    Antivaxxers trying to own the vaccinated libs by refusing to wear masks and trying to avoid getting the vaccine... Pretzel logic..
    princess-bride-movie-screencaps.com-3932.jpg

  17. #61597
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    It's the result of the government reigning in the monopoly capitalism that was thriving there. Now they can't pay their bills on the over valued properties that got to be overvalued due to corporate greed. The Gen Pow Chickens have come home to roost.

    Buckle up... it's going to be a bumpy week on Wall Street... Worse than Nicky Manaj's cousin's friend's balls
    Is this good or bad for retail investors?


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  18. #61598
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    The outcome depends on action or inaction by the Chinese Gov. Nobody knows for sure how big the ripple of a default will be.... and if the ripple will be contained primarily to China or spill over. It's already impacting US markets because those in charge don't like uncertainty.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  19. #61599
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    278

    Default

    This was interesting....

    Huge hack reveals embarrassing details of who's behind Proud Boys and other far-right websites
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/huge-hack...185327291.html
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  20. #61600
    Skate Pirate
    rockst*r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wearing socks on my elbows
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,461

    Default

    can't stop thinkin' about dem bearingz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •