• Still no

9 7.14%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.17%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.02%
  • Zombie from long ago

25 19.84%
Page 3058 of 3063 FirstFirst ... 2058255829583008304830563057305830593060 ... LastLast
Results 61,141 to 61,160 of 61259

Thread: Post your random thought.

Retired Staff

It is a great series. Since Bam happened when I took a 20 or so year break from skating I just knew him as "That douche from MTV". I also missed Jason Lee's skating career.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Yeah. I follow him on twitter and have subscribed to his YouTube channel. He's an Anarchist ex "Security Contractor". You know more Blackwater than Paul Blart. I dig his stuff a lot but will take breaks from watching if I start to feel like I'm being radicalized.
    After watching several videos, I don't believe that this guy is an anarchist. I'm guessing that he just doesn't want to disclose his political affiliations. Seems to me that he's a pragmatic progressive. He very thoughtfully discusses issues and he's obviously an advocate for change but recommendations I've heard are tempered by taking into account the environment and existing conditions. Short version: I don't buy that he's an anarchist.

Go to his personal advise at about 10:30
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Retired Staff

Here's an interview from another channel:

Originally it was confusing to me since his mannerisms are different and he doesn't put the accent on as thick I thought that they were 2 different people.
    Last edited by Rev J; 10-12-2020 at 05:49 PM.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

It's almost like a capsule of skateboarding childhood. Amazing but sad, I miss those days

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    It's almost like a capsule of skateboarding childhood. Amazing but sad, I miss those days
    Whoa! He man. Good to see you ;-)

Good to see you as well! It looks like you Pathtek and Feelgood are the only ones who still frequent the site. It's a shame because this is still a great site. I'm gonna try to come back here more frequently and spark conversations. Kudos to Dogtown for keeping this site and all its memories up for us

Gravity Slave Moderator

Good to see you as well! It looks like you Pathtek and Feelgood are the only ones who still frequent the site. It's a shame because this is still a great site. I'm gonna try to come back here more frequently and spark conversations. Kudos to Dogtown for keeping this site and all its memories up for us
    He handed it over to Pathtek4. Hail your new overlord LOL Really though, he just keeps the lights on for the nostalgia. It's fun for folks to drop back in and browse through the history here. He's all settled down with kids in elementary school now. Still a totally solid dude all around.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    He handed it over to Pathtek4. Hail your new overlord LOL Really though, he just keeps the lights on for the nostalgia. It's fun for folks to drop back in and browse through the history here. He's all settled down with kids in elementary school now. Still a totally solid dude all around.
    When did the site truly drop off? I remember coming back in 2014 and seeing it wasn't as populated but still posts being made daily. Checked back in 2017 and it seems like posts were made weekly. Now barely monthly lol. And the general skateboard chat devolved into how to's for purchasing lithium batteries haha I just can't adapt to change I guess

Gravity Slave Moderator

Never recovered from the last bad hack about 5 years ago. Took Dogtown about 2 months to repair the damage and get it back up. Most never came back after that downtime. Skateboard Shitty picked up all the new skaters during that downtime. A few OGs drop in here from time to time, but mostly just 4-5 of us OGs talking about life and an occasional skate or music related post.

Mike just keeps it up for folks to take the occasional stroll down memory lane.

Skate Pirate

Do I have the oldest join date of the regular posters?

Never recovered from the last bad hack about 5 years ago. Took Dogtown about 2 months to repair the damage and get it back up. Most never came back after that downtime. Skateboard Shitty picked up all the new skaters during that downtime. A few OGs drop in here from time to time, but mostly just 4-5 of us OGs talking about life and an occasional skate or music related post.

Mike just keeps it up for folks to take the occasional stroll down memory lane.
    Had to take that stroll but I see no reason why not to come back. The actual internet has become too barbaric for me and I always loved the mellow vibe here. Would love to see SC have a comeback but I'm just grateful that URL came through when I typed it in

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Do I have the oldest join date of the regular posters?
    Can't remember when Feelgood joined but I know he's close. Shortys Kid joined in 2005 (if I remember correctly) & he pops in still I'd figure. Pathtek joined in 2004 I think

Gravity Slave Moderator

Another factor is a lot of OGs don't still have the same email they had when they were 12 years old hahaha.. Need that to reset your password.. And thanks to massive spammer attacks every damned day, Pathtek4 had to send all new account requests to a review que only he can approve and he's only dropping in once a month or so. Might have a little more drop in activity opening up with a better workaround to the old email address and lost password issue.

Another factor is a lot of OGs don't still have the same email they had when they were 12 years old hahaha.. Need that to reset your password.. And thanks to massive spammer attacks every damned day, Pathtek4 had to send all new account requests to a review que only he can approve and he's only dropping in once a month or so. Might have a little more drop in activity opening up with a better workaround to the old email address and lost password issue.
    I just realized that your avatar is the Warriors on the Coney Island Boardwalk. (I'm on a 1st generation Kindle Fire so small image resolution is terrible) That is my favorite movie of all time!

"Maybe we should worry about who set that *insert expletive* fire"

Skate Pirate

I'm one of the dorks who still has my same email address from high school. I use it only for forums and sport/hobby related things these days, and it surprisingly hasn't been overrun with spam at all. I only get 3-5 spam emails per week.

I'm one of the dorks who still has my same email address from high school. I use it only for forums and sport/hobby related things these days, and it surprisingly hasn't been overrun with spam at all. I only get 3-5 spam emails per week.
    Has anyone ever tried to access or hack your account, with having the same email for that long?

Gravity Slave Moderator

I stopped using my AOL email (ya that old) and Verizon domain email when I changed providers. They didn't used to let you keep your email domain for free if you switched providers.

Skate Pirate

Has anyone ever tried to access or hack your account, with having the same email for that long?
    Apart from appearing in a few lists on haveibeenpwnd.com , I haven't actually seen any suspicious activity regarding my old email accounts. I do make a point to change my passwords a few times a year, and I maintain 7 or 8 email addresses for various things...like I said, Yahoo handles my forums and hobby emails, Comcast handles music related things, Gmail is my "professional" or official email, my college alumni address is for job hunting (this one has been involved in a few attempted breaches, and has the most spam out of any of 'em), my AOL account is tied to iTunes, and my MSN is used to access a few online productivity portals.

Apart from appearing in a few lists on haveibeenpwnd.com , I haven't actually seen any suspicious activity regarding my old email accounts. I do make a point to change my passwords a few times a year, and I maintain 7 or 8 email addresses for various things...like I said, Yahoo handles my forums and hobby emails, Comcast handles music related things, Gmail is my "professional" or official email, my college alumni address is for job hunting (this one has been involved in a few attempted breaches, and has the most spam out of any of 'em), my AOL account is tied to iTunes, and my MSN is used to access a few online productivity portals.
    Odd, because the address I used for collegiate purposes also had a couple attempted breaches. Wonder if it's just coincidental

I stopped using my AOL email (ya that old) and Verizon domain email when I changed providers. They didn't used to let you keep your email domain for free if you switched providers.
    If you ever used the AOL message boards you could probably use the wayback machine and read some of your old posts