• Still no

9 7.14%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.17%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.02%
  • Zombie from long ago

25 19.84%
Page 3057 of 3064 FirstFirst ... 2057255729573007304730553056305730583059 ... LastLast
Results 61,121 to 61,140 of 61262

Thread: Post your random thought.

Retired Staff

Yeah, I watched part of it at work. I don't think it's going to make anyone switch sides but what I saw was mildly entertaining.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    That guy was on point for sure.

Well time to head home and watch the debate... to help me decide how I'm gonna vote! Lol...

Just kidding... just another episode of the Sh!t Show.
    Well we have confirmed that flies are attracted to bullshit..

Fly-on-Mike-Pences-head.jpg

Caveman

The Biden campaign started selling fly swatters right after the debate. They've already sold out
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/08/busin...rnd/index.html

That's entertainment!

Parting shot: Has anybody ever wished for a cytokine storm?
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 10-08-2020 at 08:31 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Retired Staff

Hey Rockst*r did you hear about this:

https://www.whsv.com/2020/10/08/6-pe...n-gov-whitmer/

"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post

IOU Rep

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    IOU Rep
    Yeah I try not to be alarmist but here is what the headlines would read like if this shit were happening in another country.

"Police fire teargas at anti government protestors armed with rocks and bottles".

"Refugees held in unsanitary conditions and denied due process at border facilities"

"Right wing terrorists plot kidnapping and execution of elected official"

"Leader calls for investigation of opponent while questioning integrity of election"

This should scare the fuck out of you.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Yeah, it's fucking terrifying...the implications of the whole thing, and the fact that I have family members who support those terrorists. Today's normally a family party, but I'm not going...and in fact, I'm choosing to start limiting my exposure to that whole side of the family.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Yeah, it's fucking terrifying...the implications of the whole thing, and the fact that I have family members who support those terrorists. Today's normally a family party, but I'm not going...and in fact, I'm choosing to start limiting my exposure to that whole side of the family.
    I hate to say it because they are family but sometimes you need to cut your losses.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

I hate to say it because they are family but sometimes you need to cut your losses.
    No doubt many had to make those tough choices in late 1930s Germany. Everyone since then always asked, "how could they allow that to happen?" Well, here it is. I've made it easy for my circle of folks who support Mango Mussolini to distance themselves from me. and COVID is also a convenient excuse to avoid them since they don't wear masks.

Caveman

Lol, I'm married to a hard core FoxNews watching, Hannity loving, iQ45 disciple... maybe only 1 in 10 in coastal Ca.

Old school social rules were: "No politics, no religion". There's a good reason for that. Divisive views aren't new.
    If your tribe can't abide by those rules, you have to at least respect the opinion of others and not try to change their opinions. The phrase, "I disagree, but I respect your opinion." together with knowing the bounds of a conversation (i.e. when to disengage) can go a long way in keeping family... family.

Most important, vote. Don't think that this is a done deal because of what the polls say. The optimum outcome of the election would be an indisputable landslide.

Course, the opinions above are my own.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 10-10-2020 at 09:11 PM.

Retired Staff

That's the mistake Democrats (and some Republicans) made last time. We saw the polls and thought we could stay home. Now some battleground states are literal battlegrounds, and I think people are getting tired of Trump's devisive rhetoric.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

That's the mistake Democrats (and some Republicans) made last time. We saw the polls and thought we could stay home. Now some battleground states are literal battlegrounds, and I think people are getting tired of Trump's divisive rhetoric.
    Rev J, the list of things we're tired of is much longer than that... pathological lying, narcissistic personality, fragile ego, lack of empathy... I think the capper was the revelation that he had intelligence briefings in January of how dangerous the Coronavirus is. Since then we racked up Covid casualties 3 times going on 4 the number of American lives lost in Viet Nam.

We're in a crisis, he has no plan. No plan & B.S. has been his MO forever (e.g. affordable care plan replacement).
    The man is an empty suit.

Woops... let me try and be positive.... hmmm... well... Hey how about our first lady! Lol...
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 10-11-2020 at 12:46 AM.

Retired Staff

Rev J, the list of things we're tired of is much longer than that... pathological lying, narcissistic personality, fragile ego, lack of empathy... I think the capper was the revelation that he had intelligence briefings in January of how dangerous the Coronavirus is. Since then we racked up Covid casualties 3 times going on 4 the number of American lives lost in Viet Nam.

We're in a crisis, he has no plan. No plan & B.S. has been his MO forever (e.g. affordable care plan replacement).
    The man is an empty suit.

Woops... let me try and be positive.... hmmm... well... Hey how about our first lady! Lol...
    I just went with the simple answer.

As for the First Lady. I'm going to do the unthinkable (for me) and quote Kanye West:

"I ain't sayin' she's a gold digger,
    She just don't mess with no broke (insert slur here)"

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

My wife and I had this discussion over dinner: A few things have come to light, and apparently my extended family doesn't respect her. They'll tell off-color jokes in her humor, say outlandish things in a serious tone just to elicit a response, and blatantly call us/her wrong and dumb behind our backs. It's the whole thing, they're adults and we're still "kids," so nothing we say matters.

Caveman

Beau of the Fifth Column's message "Let's talk about Trump, Michigan, and Whitmer" was on point. Scary stuff.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 10-11-2020 at 02:45 AM.

Retired Staff

My wife and I had this discussion over dinner: A few things have come to light, and apparently my extended family doesn't respect her. They'll tell off-color jokes in her humor, say outlandish things in a serious tone just to elicit a response, and blatantly call us/her wrong and dumb behind our backs. It's the whole thing, they're adults and we're still "kids," so nothing we say matters.
    Yeah I have as close as I get to a close friend who describes his father as a "Nazi Trump Supporter". To get revenge on him my friend decided to get him into Qanon so the rest of the family would disown him. Psychological warfare at its best.

Beau of the Fifth Column's message "Let's talk about Trump, Michigan, and Whitmer" was on point. Scary stuff.
    Yeah. I follow him on twitter and have subscribed to his YouTube channel. He's an Anarchist ex "Security Contractor". You know more Blackwater than Paul Blart. I dig his stuff a lot but will take breaks from watching if I start to feel like I'm being radicalized.

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

This is pretty spot on too:

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

Now for something completely different:

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Even if Biden wins, the nightmare doesn't go away. IQ45, his family, and his followers won't go away. They'll be back with the same Russian backing in 2024. The way they actually DO go away would be for the democrats to retake the senate, hold the house, and impeach Trump again but with a senate conviction so he is permanently removed. Without the senate, Biden is effectively neutered and won't be able to do anything but veto shit like the last 2 years of Obama did. No progessive judges will be confirmed without the DNC being the senate majority. The gridlock will be even worse.

Skate Pirate

Now for something completely different:

GREAT video, and great series! I love Punk Rock MBA!