• Still no

9 7.14%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.17%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.02%
  • Zombie from long ago

25 19.84%
Page 3059 of 3064 FirstFirst ... 2059255929593009304930573058305930603061 ... LastLast
Results 61,161 to 61,180 of 61265

Thread: Post your random thought.

God

Yo calebs the good homie!

December 2005 join date, how do you like dem apples?! 15 years later im still here......jesus CHRIST

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Yo calebs the good homie!

December 2005 join date, how do you like dem apples?! 15 years later im still here......jesus CHRIST
    Dang it, Dale.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Dang it, Dale.
    I can't help but read this in Hank Hill's voice.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

I bet with enough moxy we could steal all the new members over at SBC. If it's anything like it used to be everyone on that forum was big on condescending behavior, especially with the new kids picking up skating so I guarantee some of them would rather come here but just don't know because SC has been under the radar the past couple years. I don't know, just some food for thought

God

Does anyone use SBC anymore?! I think SLAP is the only board thats poppin

Retired Staff

Apropos of nothing I just got the automated "Happy Birthday" message from SBC. The place is like a high school lunchroom. Only the graduates never left.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

SBC was hilarious back in the day. Haven't been on there in years. Wonder if some of the oldheads still lurk like over here. I think in general though, forums are dead. Reddit took over.

I doubt there's an r/skateboarding; if there is its just probably a bunch of kids showing off their centimeter kickflips and occasional real news from the skateboarding world

Skate Pirate

Reddit and Facebook took the barriers to entry out of enthusiast forums like this. I found this site (and Ramprage, and Silverfish) by actively seeking the information therewithin. Facebook comes on your phone...it requires literally no effort to join anymore. So, enthusiast forums like this have been dying.

I'd rather be on a message board any day. Doesn't have the popularity contest that social media does. Reddit is okay, but no matter how many thousands of times I traverse that website, the format doesn't get any easier. It's just a terrible layout in general. Maybe I'm just too used to the classic forums of yesteryear.

Does anybody have any of the old heads that don't sign on anymore on other websites?

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    I'd rather be on a message board any day. Doesn't have the popularity contest that social media does. Reddit is okay, but no matter how many thousands of times I traverse that website, the format doesn't get any easier. It's just a terrible layout in general. Maybe I'm just too used to the classic forums of yesteryear.

Does anybody have any of the old heads that don't sign on anymore on other websites?
    I used to keep in touch with Sk8_Shorty's and GiantsFan79 from Ramprage via email. No idea what ever happened to the kid who busted a nut on his face just to see what it felt like.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I'd like to know what Donovan, NOJ, Turtle, Skater G, and a few others are up to. Razz actually dropped in a couple times over the past 3-4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I'd like to know what Donovan, NOJ, Turtle, Skater G, and a few others are up to. Razz actually dropped in a couple times over the past 3-4 years.
    & Ibanez!! I always remembered him being a pretty cool dude that lived in Japan. Used to play Skate 3 online with Franklin and Dylan back in the day I wonder what they're up to. And Coleman!! Chill cat

Gravity Slave Moderator

& Ibanez!! I always remembered him being a pretty cool dude that lived in Japan. Used to play Skate 3 online with Franklin and Dylan back in the day I wonder what they're up to. And Coleman!! Chill cat
    Coleman left on his Mormon 2 year mission and maybe dropped in once after that. Retired Skater was in contact with him for awhile I think..

Gravity Slave Moderator

Coleman left on his Mormon 2 year mission and maybe dropped in once after that. Retired Skater was in contact with him for awhile I think.. Naive's been by a couple times, but not lately.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Coleman left on his Mormon 2 year mission and maybe dropped in once after that. Retired Skater was in contact with him for awhile I think.. Naive's been by a couple times, but not lately.
    Tristan was another one of my favorites. Trebor was a good mod. HighVoltageSk8r was crazy!!! There was a good group of people that frequented here. And the trolls were really few and far between

Few more I remember that were super cool to me
    Bragas
    Whatdoyouwant?
    TGI_MUNDAY
    Ben_Larsen
    Anonymous Man
    Kk360
    Panda
    Shaolin_Skater
    The Beard
    Brandon
    Baller
    MikeM
    Andrew Jay
    Stumbles
    Andius
    Snowjoe

Now that I think about it I can't think of any regular member on here that wasn't cool. Kudos to you guys and a few gals here and there
    Last edited by Caleb; 10-19-2020 at 11:16 PM.

God

Tristan was another one of my favorites. Trebor was a good mod. HighVoltageSk8r was crazy!!! There was a good group of people that frequented here. And the trolls were really few and far between

Few more I remember that were super cool to me
    Bragas
    Whatdoyouwant?
    TGI_MUNDAY
    Ben_Larsen
    Anonymous Man
    Kk360
    Panda
    Shaolin_Skater
    The Beard
    Brandon
    Baller
    MikeM
    Andrew Jay
    Stumbles
    Andius
    Snowjoe

Now that I think about it I can't think of any regular member on here that wasn't cool. Kudos to you guys and a few gals here and there
    Hahah i have most these guys on instagram, we follow eachother, met a couple of people from here over the years. The only person i really chat with on occasion is Shortys kid aka trevor.....I briefly caught up with HVS the other day... Coleman ditched the mormon mission and left all that behind and got engaged to a chick. Its nice having these people on insta....even without talking alot, its nice to see what everyones upto

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Hahah i have most these guys on instagram, we follow eachother, met a couple of people from here over the years. The only person i really chat with on occasion is Shortys kid aka trevor.....I briefly caught up with HVS the other day... Coleman ditched the mormon mission and left all that behind and got engaged to a chick. Its nice having these people on insta....even without talking alot, its nice to see what everyones upto
    Part of me wishes they'd come back because I hate instagram. Most of me wishes they'd come back because I REALLY hate instagram. But I guess I'll have to settle with you being the medium of information; that I am okay with.

Gravity Slave Moderator

All those, and Anonymous Man.. Dale's favorite ChiTownRon LOL

I swear you don't realize how amazing having weekends off is as a kid until you're an adult. Then every day off feels like Christmas on crack. Wish I could skate without feeling like the Tin Man in a body cast the next day