• No

59 80.82%
  • Still no

9 12.33%
  • Meh

4 5.48%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.37%
Page 3065 of 3068 FirstFirst ... 2065256529653015305530633064306530663067 ... LastLast
Results 61,281 to 61,300 of 61346

Thread: Post your random thought.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    It was never about emergency preparedness, it's about the fantasy of killing others that are invading your space. Same reason that these chucklefucks keep shotguns in their bedframes in case of invaders. Millions of people spend tens of thousands of nights safely, quietly in their homes, without ever being broken into. Of those break-ins, the vast majority are going to be low-key smash-n-grabs...of those that aren't, the vast majority are going to be scared off by the presence of a person in the house...of those that aren't, the invaders are going to be scared off by the mere sight of a gun...of those that aren't, the vast majority are going to be scared off by the racking of a bolt...of those that aren't, the vast majority are going to be scared off by a gunshot. But, when you pull a gun out on an invader, you're going to shoot them...it's only safe gun handling.

These end-times preppers, apocalypse types, take all those "of those that aren't" out of the equation - in an end-times scenario, *everyone* is out to grab yer toilet paper hoard, and therefore, everyone is a fair target. Having the imaginary bomb shelter just plays into their fantasy of killing others.
    99.9999% of actual home invasions where they come in knowing someone is home aren't "random". The invader has intel that there is something of high value there, usually the bank deposit from a small business. The truly random ones are when they are under the impression nobody is home.. either knocking first or seeing the home owner leave. Last but not least are the non random burglaries where they have cased the home suspecting something of value but not worth risking a murder rap over. Know what they're looking for most often there??? GUNS! Bragging about your guns is the stupidest thing you can do. That makes you a BIGGER target if they know you have guns.. They just wait until you leave to break in and take them..

Retired Staff

One of my favorite Christmas songs of all time:

"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Trump missed Time's "Person of the Year". Oh come on! Stop the Steal!

Joe Biden, Kamala Harris Named 'Time' Person Of The Year
    https://www.npr.org/2020/12/11/94533...on-of-the-year
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Gravity Slave Moderator

ha-ha-trump-is-a-loser.jpg

All three of his SCOTUS assets said GTFO LOL!

Retired Staff

Yeah. The absurdity is becoming entertaining:

"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

I've decided to become a porch pirate. I'm going to go to peoples porches, pillage, plunder, set up cannons and open fire on the neighbors. I'm going to get a parrot, curse, and drink rum. I'm going all in.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

I successfully made a rum flip last night, if you're looking for a "period correct" pirate drink:

Boil 1 pint of beer, then take it off the heat so it cools down to around 180 degrees
    Whisk 1 egg into 2 shots of rum
    Temper the egg mixture by pouring the beer in slowly...No, slower...NO, SLOWER THAN THAT!
    "Flip" the mixture between 2 glasses to cool it down and give it a little frothy head.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    I successfully made a rum flip last night.
    That would be a great name for a skateboard trick.

We got rona in the house. Wife collapsed Friday night after work. 911 and ER fun all night. Home now and feeling slightly better but still very high risk, daughter has a fever. We got tested today to see if we can confirm the obvious, that everyone else has it too.

I'm so pissed at wife's employer. 6 story office building run by anti mask trump supporters. Half of the hundreds of people there don't wear masks in public spaces or conference rooms, packed conference rooms. Wife wore one everywhere but still got it. Bet all those fuckers had huge Thanksgiving gatherings then infected everyone else at work last week. If there are any long term harmful effects from this I'm going to sue that fucking place.

Caveman

Really sorry to hear that NoSwitch. Wishing a speedy and full recovery to your entire family.

Retired Staff

No shit. That sucks to hear.

C/S,
    Rev J

God

Sorry to hear about that bro, i hope your wife and family are safe and have a speedy recovery....thats a real damper on the holidays.

On another note. Merry christmas guys.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

So Tuesday daughter and I tested negative. Wife still feels like shit off and on but fever seems to be gone and blood oxy saturation is holding in the low to mid 90s. We're past the first scary patch with her. Daughter and I tested again today because we've both had symptoms off and on since Saturday. We need to know our status becaus son is moving home from college. He tested negative Thursday. If anyone else is positive we will have to isolate away from the son in a bedroom as much as possible so he doesn't hop out of the college frying pan in to the home COVID ward fire. We've got plenty of really good KN and N95 masks though so some interaction and shared space activity is possible and relatively safe with those on.

Work was excellent about all this. Gave me emergency paid time off through the New Year's Day. I was going to have to burn a bunch of PTO, all of my PTO over the MANDATORY holiday break before this happened.

Caveman

Keep the good news coming NoSwitch.

Skate Pirate

Big mood.

Retired Staff

I'm sorry if this is a little insensitive but this is some of the funniest shit I've seen lately:

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

OMG! That was hilarious Rev J. Thanks for posting that.

Skate Pirate

Gravity Slave Moderator

Day by day here. COVID sucks when you get it kinda bad. Wife has wicked fatigue that comes and goes. Got sick eating the Christmas dinner she worked hard to cook. Better after some time taking it easy. Glad we're not in the ICU waiting for a ventilator to become available though.

I scrambled to pull together the gifts that didn't happen earlier due to quarantine and incapacity. Gift cards and cash transferred to the kids' bank accounts. Merry CASHmas LOL. I no longer feel guilty about popping for the Powell and Peralta Welinder Freestyle complete that Decomposed put up earlier this week. Son got me a couple Thrasher shirts ordered at Thanksgiving. He ordered one but Zumiez shipped it twice.

Caveman

Sounds rough... and a major disruption to your family's holidays too. Glad to hear that nobody is in the hospital. That's a blessing.
    Hope things get back to normal for you and your family soon.

God

Tough one noswitch, maybe its time to give up on 2020 and look toward 2021 haha.

Merry christmas guys

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up