• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 2991 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 199124912891294129812989299029912992299330013041 ... LastLast
Results 59,801 to 59,820 of 61665

Thread: Post your random thought.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Fun movie trivia fact. "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part II" with Dennis Hopper was partially funded by Shiner Bock. If you pay attention in a lot of the scenes there is something with a Shiner Bock logo in the background.
    Oh ya??? Well LICK MY PLATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retired Staff

It wasn't until years later that the "Dog will hunt" in "Jerry was a Racecar Driver" was sampled from that.

On the hippie forum I frequent my user title is Willie Fucking Wonka which is from a line Bill Moseley had in "The Devils Rejects". Every time I see him in a movie all I can think of.is Choptop or Otis.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Beer is definitely an acquired taste. I didn't like standard beer until one very hot day when that was all that was available, no water, no pop. After drinking an ice cold beer when I was desperately hot and thirsty I suddenly liked it. Same thing with club soda. Used to HATE it until I was working one summer in an hot warehouse and that was one of the few things available free to me there. Now I prefer that over regular water given the choice. If you prefer sweet to bitter try Molson Golden or Canadian.
    +1

If you approach a beer with the mentality that you're going to like it, you'll be more likely to enjoy it...same as whiskey, or martinis, or Pepsi. I myself grew into beer with the mentality that good beer is strong, heavy, and hoppy...since I built that mental framework, my expectations for beer (upon turning 21) were that it was supposed to be intense, and that I wasn't supposed to like it right away, but I would eventually.

Retired Staff

It's strange after growing up in Maine which has the most craft brews per capita in the US, spending time in Germany, and living in California which has the second most per capita after skating I prefer a cold oil can of Fosters. Any other time it is something more expensive and local.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

I'm probably considered a beer snob in some circles, but I completely agree...sometimes you want a beer that you don't have to think about. While I've never actually had a Foster's, I will get down with the likes of Coor's, Labatt, Molson, and Pabst every now and again. Sure, I've got a propensity for craft beers, offensive levels of hops, and brewing my own beer, but beer itself isn't snobby, it's the peoples' drink. I'm a people, as I'm pretty sure everyone else here is, unless I'm surrounded by artificial intelligence bots...in which case, consuming a beer would lead to liquid infiltrating the computer, and destroying the AI, in which case, knock yourself out and GTFO my internet you damned robots.

Global Moderator

Howdy boys. Currently in Ponte Verde, Florida. Sorry i've been silent, literally no venue so far on this tour has had wi-fi and fuck vbulletin in mobile LOL.

Retired Staff

They probably picked one of the few skaters who wouldn't have looked at the interviewer and gone, "Uh, duh, wut?"

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Man, my dad fell off of one of those folding attic ladders yesterday... He dislocated one of his shoulders and broke the other shoulder as well as cut his head open and possibly a concussion. They thought he'd have to have surgery to put his shoulder back in place but they eventually knocked him out and were able to get it back in. He's in really rough shape today but they're releasing him from the hospital later today and hopefully he won't have to have surgery.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Man, my dad fell off of one of those folding attic ladders yesterday... He dislocated one of his shoulders and broke the other shoulder as well as cut his head open and possibly a concussion. They thought he'd have to have surgery to put his shoulder back in place but they eventually knocked him out and were able to get it back in. He's in really rough shape today but they're releasing him from the hospital later today and hopefully he won't have to have surgery.
    Ugh, my mother in law broke both shoulders in a fall. She was already in terrible shape when that happened though. Rehab almost killed her, literally.. but she did regain the ability to get around in limited fashion for about a year with a lot of effort. Us old people break easier. The decay begins early to mid 40s then we go down faster in the 50s. Takes longer to heal too. Gotta dial things back a little mid 40s and a lot mid 50s or pay much higher price for falls and crashes. Helps to keep active though.. use it or lose it. But. use it with more caution than we did up through the 30s..

God

Damn, hope hes okay ben.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Retired Staff

About 20 years ago my dad was throwing garbage off the back of his pickup at the local recycling center. He accidentally stepped off the tailgate and broke his hip. He spent the better part of the summer laid up. I hope your father heals well Ben.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Real sorry to read that news Ben. Best wishes to your dad. We're all hoping for a fast recovery.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Global Moderator

Appreciate it guys!

He's doing as well as he can be right now, they were able to go home but he's got a long road to recovery... He won't be able to do a single thing by himself for a couple weeks since he can't move either arm. At least my mom is able to stay home with him but she's going to need a vacation after this!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Appreciate it guys!

He's doing as well as he can be right now, they were able to go home but he's got a long road to recovery... He won't be able to do a single thing by himself for a couple weeks since he can't move either arm. At least my mom is able to stay home with him but she's going to need a vacation after this!
    Ya, might want to try to head home for a day or two over a weekend and help them out some. I wish I had been loving closer to my parents when they started to have more major health related issues.

But. not too close. A friend has her mom in hospice and physical therapy right now recovering from a degenerative back ailment. She can't get away from her mom for anything but work, and that was after she had to burn ALL of her vacation and PTO for the next year.

Hope things continue to improve for your dad's recovery and your mom's sanity!

Global Moderator

Attention: Long island is the worst and everything here is ridiculously expensive and the only good thing about it is that it's only 72 degrees in june

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Attention: Long island is the worst and everything here is ridiculously expensive and the only good thing about it is that it's only 72 degrees in june
    I lived there in the 80s. Rock club and nightlife scene was pretty bangin'. Ya, crazy expensive.. Was like $5 for a slice of pizza even back then.. BIG slices though. It was so mafia that if you didn't tip your garbage man at least $100 Christmas week you paid a horrible trash filled yard price for months afterward..

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    You should try living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Even the engineers at the big tech firms (Google, Facebook, Apple) are complaining about the cost of living here.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Retired Staff

Yeah I'm lucky that I've been in the same rent controlled studio apartment for almost 10 years. I only pay $586 a month instead of about $1800. I'm glad I don't drive.

@NoSwitch. As a caregiver I feel for your friend. It can be draining as fuck. There are also people who lose almost everything after loved ones get into accidents or have disabled kids that they have to take care of due to a drastic change in income. For example I only make $12.50 an hour. I live about 2 blocks from Oakland where the minimum wage is $12.55 an hour.

C/S,
    Rev J

Banned

ya rent here in san fran is ridiculous.

Skate Pirate

Who's been keeping up on the whole Jason Jessee being a Nazi thing?