• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 3067 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 20672567296730173057306530663067306830693077 ... LastLast
Results 61,321 to 61,340 of 61665

Thread: Post your random thought.

God

sigh, ive been coming to terms with the glory days being behind me and its a bit of a bummer. Dont get me wrong, im only 32, my life isnt over and i know theres plenty of fun and exciting times ahead but im talking about the carefree skate every day, go out with a group of friends skating and filming and living.. Its been a while since its been that way but i guess i always thought it could come back. Most my friends have either lost interest, stopped skating or just have familys, i get it, its life it happens but yeah i guess im not ready to let go

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    sigh, ive been coming to terms with the glory days being behind me and its a bit of a bummer. Dont get me wrong, im only 32, my life isnt over and i know theres plenty of fun and exciting times ahead but im talking about the carefree skate every day, go out with a group of friends skating and filming and living.. Its been a while since its been that way but i guess i always thought it could come back. Most my friends have either lost interest, stopped skating or just have familys, i get it, its life it happens but yeah i guess im not ready to let go
    I feel ya, bud. I had a goal of getting on a board once a month during 2020, and didn't even hit that. Shit was crazy, with a bunch of family stuff going on, not to mention the global pandemic and everything.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I skated today on the mini ramp.. just to see if I'd fall through it LOL.. Only for about 5 minutes though.. No friends that skate so it gets old quick.. pun intended.. It's not much of a ramp regardless but fun to do a couple kick turns and almost bust my ass.

When your friends stop doing fun stuff or just disappear it's time to substitute family for fun stuff.. Make kids of your own or spend time with nieces and nephews. Go sign up for big brothers/sisters and mentor them while doing fun stuff your other friends won't do anymore.

Caveman

He's alive.... and skating!
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

God

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I skated today on the mini ramp.. just to see if I'd fall through it LOL.. Only for about 5 minutes though.. No friends that skate so it gets old quick.. pun intended.. It's not much of a ramp regardless but fun to do a couple kick turns and almost bust my ass.

When your friends stop doing fun stuff or just disappear it's time to substitute family for fun stuff.. Make kids of your own or spend time with nieces and nephews. Go sign up for big brothers/sisters and mentor them while doing fun stuff your other friends won't do anymore.
    Haha i went skating today, usually i drag my woman with me and then go crush some beers. Little different today though, im eating clean, off the booze and working out everyday for this month, just wanted to try a little health kick

Global Moderator

Hope everyones alright. I've been steering clear of the internet for the most part the last few months. Think about all of ya though!

Shit man, I wish I could even get some days off work let alone have fun with friends haha. Worked 53 days in a row with no days off, avg 60 hours a week. I'm 28 and presently do feel like my life is over haha. Covid's done a number on my ol' well being. I feel you 150% though, I miss friends and being able to do things I enjoy and doing anything besides clocking in to work.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Shit man, I wish I could even get some days off work let alone have fun with friends haha. Worked 53 days in a row with no days off, avg 60 hours a week. I'm 28 and presently do feel like my life is over haha. Covid's done a number on my ol' well being. I feel you 150% though, I miss friends and being able to do things I enjoy and doing anything besides clocking in to work.
    That was my life,especially every November and December when I was late 20s and early 30s. Extra kick in the nuts, I was on salary and it wasn't great salary... those pay periods with 60+ hours worked out to around min wage with slightly better benefits. I did go out pretty much every night though. Other than holiday season we didn't open until 9 or 10am most days, noon on Sunday so night life was still kick ass.

God

Hope everyones alright. I've been steering clear of the internet for the most part the last few months. Think about all of ya though!

Ahhhh man good to hear from you, hope your life turns around soon brother. I just want travel to come back so i can go overseas again

Word.

wow america just wow
    I'm at least hoping for a nice soundtrack of politically fuelled music to come out within the next year inspired by this. Maybe a bevy of Rock and roll or metal classics will appear

Word.

I feel it so hard brother. Half of my friends have kids, the other half either moved away or are partying to the point where skating is the least of their worries. It's pretty sad really. My mom told me all the time to enjoy every second while I was young and I didn't listen. If I have kids I'm gonna make sure they enjoy every second.

Did you ever watch the movie Mid90s written and directed by Jonah Hill

Skate Pirate

2.8 kilopost! Way to go, Caleb!

Global Moderator

Ahhhh man good to hear from you, hope your life turns around soon brother. I just want travel to come back so i can go overseas again
    I was supposed to spend 3 weeks in Australia this past summer, we had a full tour booked. It got rescheduled to this coming august, but I'm not hopeful.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I was supposed to spend 3 weeks in Australia this past summer, we had a full tour booked. It got rescheduled to this coming august, but I'm not hopeful.
    I've also got concert tickets from last august that are rescheduled to this August. I expect only the really high dollar operations will be viable in venues where probably 50% or less of full capacity with everyone in masks will likely be the situation. Club gigs and smaller venues probably still aren't going to be doable without being closer to 100% capacity. It just doesn't work economically.

God

Quote Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
    I feel it so hard brother. Half of my friends have kids, the other half either moved away or are partying to the point where skating is the least of their worries. It's pretty sad really. My mom told me all the time to enjoy every second while I was young and I didn't listen. If I have kids I'm gonna make sure they enjoy every second.

Did you ever watch the movie Mid90s written and directed by Jonah Hill
    Hell yeah great movie, saw it in cinemas, i should rewatch that soon. My man youth is wasted on the young haha, those carefree teenage years were the greatest...i have no regrets about them, i just wish i appreciated them more in the moment... knowing it wont last forever

Turbo Raptor!

Tell you what guys the last year was pretty rough eh
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Gravity Slave Moderator

^^^Whoah.. Where did you come from? Guess you're locked down and really bored hahaha. Nice to see you dude!

Turbo Raptor!

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    ^^^Whoah.. Where did you come from? Guess you're locked down and really bored hahaha. Nice to see you dude!
    Yep pretty much! We were sent to work from home since March and whilst I’m very lucky in having a good job I can do from home I’m starting to lose the plot now! You all good?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Yep pretty much! We were sent to work from home since March and whilst I’m very lucky in having a good job I can do from home I’m starting to lose the plot now! You all good?
    Same other than wife bringing COVID home from work December 11th. We were all under CDC quarantine until December 31st.. couldn't even go grocery shopping over the holidays. All OK now thankfully, but she was really sick for awhile. Daughter got a fever, I lost sense of smell. Son felt nothing. I tested negative twice, Dec 14th and Dec 19th, then lost sense of smell around the 24th. Going to get an antibody test next month. Expecting it will be positive.

God

Good to see you stop in bro! In australia when most people lost there jobs or were working from home i was lucky enough to still have a job. Im a landscaper at sydney university, just doing maintenence type shit, considering the uni was empty apart from the workers it was safe and actually pretty good, i got lucky. Ended up leaving sydney, moving to a little country ass small town to be closer to friends, been here for 6 months and me and my girl have decided to move back to sydney next month haha, small towns arent for me at this stage of life i guess.....was a good experience though, made me appreciate what i had....anyway theres my life update for everyone

God

Yep pretty much! We were sent to work from home since March and whilst Iím very lucky in having a good job I can do from home Iím starting to lose the plot now! You all good?
    Good to see you stop in bro! In australia when most people lost there jobs or were working from home i was lucky enough to still have a job. Im a landscaper at sydney university, just doing maintenence type shit, considering the uni was empty apart from the workers it was safe and actually pretty good, i got lucky. Ended up leaving sydney, moving to a little country ass small town to be closer to friends, been here for 6 months and me and my girl have decided to move back to sydney next month haha, small towns arent for me at this stage of life i guess.....was a good experience though, made me appreciate what i had....anyway theres my life update for everyone