• Still no

9 8.33%
  • Really, not new here

3 2.78%
  • Yes, I am new here!

22 20.37%
  • Zombie from long ago

16 14.81%
Page 2952 of 2967 FirstFirst ... 19522452285229022942295029512952295329542962 ... LastLast
Results 59,021 to 59,040 of 59334

Thread: Post your random thought.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    In the 70's Dock Ellis pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates got called in on his day off. Then ended up pitching a no hitter while tripping on LSD.
    He only thought it was his day off when he dropped. Oops! Said the strike zone looked huge like the side of a house.. super easy peasy to put the ball right where he wanted too..

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Wow, Brighton Zeuner just threw it down at X-Games park. Not the amplitude of the men but solid technical coping tricks..
    I've been meaning to keep up with all of that but i have failed haha

Earth Punk

He only thought it was his day off when he dropped. Oops! Said the strike zone looked huge like the side of a house.. super easy peasy to put the ball right where he wanted too..

Even though I generally don't skate stoned I can't help but wonder what effect taking a couple of hits of a strain that seems to slow time down would have on my skating.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    In the 70's Dock Ellis pitcher for the Pittsburgh Pirates got called in on his day off. Then ended up pitching a no hitter while tripping on LSD.
    Unfortunately, I'm not a professional baseball player

I'm just a maintenance man at a hotel that's got one, maybe two good, profitable years before it closes.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    I've been meaning to keep up with all of that but i have failed haha
    Ya those women, mostly teen girls were shredding ever bit as well as the Z-Boys were in the late 70s and early 80s. Almost at the level of the Bones Brigade, not quite that much air though. Not much happening more than a foot above the coping but way better than I could ever imagine being able to skate on my best day. I've always been more of an easy flat ground tricks and small hill bomber so mucho respect for all the pros. But 12 years old, just turned 13 yesterday>> WOW! Helps that she's growing up with a 10 foot halfpipe in her back yard. She's going to be even more amazing in 3-4 more years. I'm going to call the shot that she will be the first girl to throw a full 720 above the coping on vert.

Wish I had cable so I could follow the X-games.

Skate Pirate

I was thinking today at work about friendship, sports, and how they both played into my life thus far.

I realized that I had never known a good, true friend until I got to college. Every friendship I had between elementary, junior high, and high school was predicated on physical intimidation. I was the butt of every joke...Too slow for baseball, basketball and tennis...too weak for football, cross-training, and PE class. Hell, my good friend in junior high flat out told me that I couldn't handle the PE class he took...they did diamond pushups and modified/raised pushups (feet up on a bench or something). Hockey was the only "real" sport I took to in high school, simply because I wasn't told by my friends that I was too weak to participate. And, that's ultimately how I wound up on a skateboard and on a bike - nobody was there to tell me what to do, or how to do it.

I actually felt incredibly out of place in college, because people were so genuinely friendly. I wasn't accustomed to people actually caring how I was, nor was I accustomed to people not having the pretense of physical intimidation...as a matter of fact, in college, I had friends actively encouraging me in physical feats (and life in general). One buddy told me that I could most definitely take my sister's ex in a fist fight; whereas everything I had ever heard before that was that I was too weak and wimpy, and that I'd have my ass kicked. People were genuinely interested in my health and well-being, something that I hadn't ever experienced in the years leading up to college. It was such a bizarre feeling for me that I actually shunned some folks who would've been fantastic friends otherwise; not to mention the sheer amount of ladies I could've gotten with if I wasn't so convinced that I was inadequate (Marissa was actually playing hard to get, Kriss was a slut and was playing games with me).

Speaking of college, my school was home to one of the United States Olympic Education Centers - the weight training class I took as a junior was actually taught by the US Olympic weight training coach. I literally doubled my max weight on all the machines, but gained very little as far as physical "ripped" muscle mass...Plain and simple, I'm not a muscle-bound dude. Nobody else in the class made the same gains I did, with regards to weight. But, the point is, I did it...I did my homework and did the work in class, and made some pretty substantial physical gains...again, nothing that I would've even thought was possible with my high school friends crapping on me all the time.

Anyway, what I'm getting around to is that I didn't have any good, supportive friends during my formative, adolescent years...and it took me until age 29 to realize this...and it sucks. I have so many dear, close friends from college, and I keep in touch with precisely 0 people from my high school class. Those that I do keep in touch with from HS weren't in my grade, and were guys I met playing hockey.

Global Moderator

Everyone check this edit out. Most of the video was filmed here in North Carolina, all the cityscape shots in the beginning (ex: :44, 1;05, etc) are in the city that I work in, Winston-Salem. Most of the rest is in Greensboro, Charlotte and Raleigh. Quite a few clips were filmed by John Evans, a local to here who now films for slave and some others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShFvfVoxsMc

Earth Punk

Skating a small board with fast bearings is like trying to control a feather.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

God

Everyone check this edit out. Most of the video was filmed here in North Carolina, all the cityscape shots in the beginning (ex: :44, 1;05, etc) are in the city that I work in, Winston-Salem. Most of the rest is in Greensboro, Charlotte and Raleigh. Quite a few clips were filmed by John Evans, a local to here who now films for slave and some others.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShFvfVoxsMc

Axel and Jamie foy are so fucken good. I mean that whole video was money and all the ams rip but i love watching Foy and Axel skate the most

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Both those dudes earned their keep on KOTR. I think both are pro now too.

God

Yeah dude Foy went pro somewhat recently, same with axel, super dope

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Yeah dude Foy went pro somewhat recently, same with axel, super dope
    Much deserved too. Hopefully both have nice long careers. Both of them are like 21-22 ish.

Global Moderator

I recently bought a huge collection of film cameras from someone, it was about 10 boxes of stuff and it was almost all in mint condition. I've spent a week sorting, testing and organizing the collection and I've found 3 or 4 cameras I'm keeping about 5-10 that need repair and about 25-30 that I'll be selling off for a hefty profit! Pretty stoked on some of the stuff I'm finding!

Global Moderator

I landed a fakie bigspin manual back 180 out tonight.

ayeee.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    I recently bought a huge collection of film cameras from someone, it was about 10 boxes of stuff and it was almost all in mint condition. I've spent a week sorting, testing and organizing the collection and I've found 3 or 4 cameras I'm keeping about 5-10 that need repair and about 25-30 that I'll be selling off for a hefty profit! Pretty stoked on some of the stuff I'm finding!
    Someone in Raleigh on Craigslist was giving away what looked like an entire darkroom equipment set including enlargement gear. I thought of you when I saw it. If had been located closer to me I would have offered to go grab it for you and hold it for you to come pick up. It was gone within the hour so I wouldn't have been able to even do that looking back.

Global Moderator

Someone in Raleigh on Craigslist was giving away what looked like an entire darkroom equipment set including enlargement gear. I thought of you when I saw it. If had been located closer to me I would have offered to go grab it for you and hold it for you to come pick up. It was gone within the hour so I wouldn't have been able to even do that looking back.
    Thanks for the thought man! Hopefully it went to someone who will use it!

Global Moderator

Ayeee! Learned another new one today. Pop shuvit 5050 front 180 out. The tech gods have been blessing me

God

Ayeee! Learned another new one today. Pop shuvit 5050 front 180 out. The tech gods have been blessing me
    You should film some of this stuff! I wanna see this shiiiiiii

Earth Punk

I started messing around with doing a cross foot impossible to truck stand. It seems like the next logical step as my switchblades are getting cleaner. It's just such an awkward trick. I can see how people can snap a lot of boards doing them.

C/S,
    Rev J