• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 3078 of 3082 FirstFirst ... 2078257829783028306830763077307830793080 ... LastLast
Results 61,541 to 61,560 of 61622

Thread: Post your random thought.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    hahaha my brother, good for you, its experience everyone needs
    I work between 2 dispensaries, and there's a 3rd one that I pass on my drive home. Plus, one of the old employees from my current job left to open his own dispo, so he'll bring in free samples every once in a while. I'm definitely reaping the benefits of legalized recreational weed here. But, as a total newbie, I don't particularly enjoy smoking...I'd rather have edibles. That's all a part of the learning process, I suppose.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I partook pretty much daily for 20 years. It's definitely the least dangerous mood altering thing out there.. except in EXTREMELY high doses. Been on many drives where I got lost and couldn't remember how to get someplace I should totally know how to navigate to.. That's when it's TOO much LOL..

The cottonmouth makes me really crave an ice cold beer so I had to let it go when I quit alcohol. It's both or neither for me.

More pandemic fun. Wife's closest coworker was nagged and nagged for months to get vaccinated and finally got dose one last week. But, yesterday she tested positive. I suspect many far right leaning folks in that office are about to have a really bad time because this person was going around without a mask in and out of pretty much everyone's office all week.

God we're a stupid society here in 'Murika.. Just reason 873498622964 why we can't have nice things. My son's at college in one of THOSE states that has decided to ban mask mandates. I feel sorry for the hospitals there. So glad to know the vaccine works. No way he'd be there without it.

@Trever, as far as I can tell all concerts and sports events are still on but some are requiring proof of vac. I see FFAK is still on per their website. Hoping you guys can at least break even this fall.

Caveman

Rockst*r: Careful with the edibles. I can't tell you how many people I know ate some, didn't feel a thing after 30 to 45 min, ate more, then got more than what they bargained for. #waytoohigh

Another installment of "why I no longer partake":
    Back drop: This happened in the old days when TVs had heavy CRT screens and being a new grad with no money, my TV didn't have a remote.
    I found myself glued to the couch by a particularly nice batch. Next up: The Love Boat with Captain Stubing and the crew. Gawd I hated that show... but I was too primed to get off my butt and walk maybe 6 feet to change the channel so I wound up watching not one, but two glorious episodes of everybody's favorite show. That's when I had the epiphany, "You're getting too lazy son. Time to stop this sh!t." and the rest is history.

Lol. Trufax.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 08-20-2021 at 11:22 AM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Rockst*r: Careful with the edibles. I can't tell you how many people I know ate some, didn't feel a thing after 30 to 45 min, ate more, then got more than what they bargained for. #waytoohigh

Another installment of "why I no longer partake":
    Back drop: This happened in the old days when TVs had heavy CRT screens and being a new grad with no money, my TV didn't have a remote.
    I found myself glued to the couch by a particularly nice batch. Next up: The Love Boat with Captain Stubing and the crew. Gawd I hated that show... but I was too primed to get off my butt and walk maybe 6 feet to change the channel so I wound up watching not one, but two glorious episodes of everybody's favorite show. That's when I had the epiphany, "You're getting too lazy son. Time to stop this sh!t." and the rest is history.

Lol. Trufax.
    First go-round, I bought 2 pre-rolls and a tin of 5mg gummies. Then, the guy brought in sample buds, so I bought a glass pipe. I prefer the pipe to pre-rolls, as the pre-rolls get quite harsh. I've been going low and slow with the edibles - two of the 5mg gummies will get me pretty "out there," but they don't do a darn thing for my wife. She gets a comfortable lil' "I can't feel my hands," with two of the 5mgs.

Gravity Slave Moderator

So with edibles it's ALL creeper?? I wasn't a fan of creeper weed. I wanted to feel it ASAP.. Did dabble with some cooking, brownies, spaghetti sauce etc.. But that wasn't the main delivery mechanism, just a little novelty on top of smoking it..

God

I remember having an edible when i lived in Canada, i just got really tired, didnt think anything was happening, then fell asleep, woke up completely out of my mind on another planet.....had to crawl to the shower and sit in the tub while water sprayed onto my face just to try and snap out of it,

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    So with edibles it's ALL creeper?? I wasn't a fan of creeper weed. I wanted to feel it ASAP.. Did dabble with some cooking, brownies, spaghetti sauce etc.. But that wasn't the main delivery mechanism, just a little novelty on top of smoking it..
    I heard from a bass guitar buddy that it's hard, from a production standpoint, to uniformly distribute the CBD within food products.

Retired Staff

One of the experiments that I did was take the family recipe for Hot Buttered Rum Mix and made it with homemade pot butter. As far as the smoking vs edible debate it was the best of both worlds as you got the feeling first as you were drinking it through the sub lingual nerve then it hit you again as it was digesting. So there wasn't any "I'm not feeling it right now I'm going to eat more" followed by being way too stoned.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Got both of my CoVid tests back: NEGATIVE! What a weird week at work though, holy cow.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Got both of my CoVid tests back: NEGATIVE! What a weird week at work though, holy cow.
    Wife's closest coworker got sick and tested positive one week after her first shot. They think she may have already had it but definitely got it before the mechanism had time to work. Wife tested negative Sunday (at home test). Yikes, just checked to see if the home tests are still available, .. Nope!
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Gravity Slave Moderator

So what's the best course of action over there?? Should be play nice with The Taliban and keep pushing to get both our own folks and the Afghans who helped us safely out of there (even if we have to step back and let The Taliban do it on their terms after August 31st)?

Or do we just really walk away but bomb the shit out of all the military gear, attack aircraft, armored vehicles, etc that they inherited when the Afghan army ran away? If we wait they will have them better secured and might actually learn how to use them. Leaving them with that gear could cost millions of innocent lives but bombing them signs the IMMEDIATE death certificate of every coalition friendly human still stuck there.

No good answer here..

Skate Pirate

So what's the best course of action over there?? Should be play nice with The Taliban and keep pushing to get both our own folks and the Afghans who helped us safely out of there (even if we have to step back and let The Taliban do it on their terms after August 31st)?

Or do we just really walk away but bomb the shit out of all the military gear, attack aircraft, armored vehicles, etc that they inherited when the Afghan army ran away? If we wait they will have them better secured and might actually learn how to use them. Leaving them with that gear could cost millions of innocent lives but bombing them signs the IMMEDIATE death certificate of every coalition friendly human still stuck there.

No good answer here..
    I don't have an answer.
    The best option would've been to not go in, in the first place, but that wasn't really an option at all - we were all nine-elevened out and itchin' for a fight. Thus, we went in without any objectives at all. We had Mission Accomplished on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier, then an actual Mission Accomplished in 2011 when we nailed Bin Laden (which was the closest to a tangible goal/objective that we had). We should've begun transitioning out of Afghanistan when that happened. That region has literally never known stability; it's a fools' errand to try and stabilize it.
    Even going back to my time in high school, I had a Film And Video class wherein I attempted to make a pro-war video, but as I found tangible facts and figures (follow the money and all that), it quickly turned to an anti-war video...that ultimately dissuaded me from joining the service outta high school; it was blatantly obvious to 16 year old me that there was nothing to actually accomplish.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Ahh yes, age 14-16ish is when most smart kids figure out that half the shit they've been taught all through school and in church is actually 100% bullshit. I made a few mistakes and figured out I was wrong and my parents wae right about a few things too.. But ya, when you figure out a bunch of things were either lies or greatly embellished, you then doubt everything at that age and think you now know everything and everyone else is just stupid.. Turns out to also only be half right..

Skate Pirate

Ahh yes, age 14-16ish is when most smart kids figure out that half the shit they've been taught all through school and in church is actually 100% bullshit. I made a few mistakes and figured out I was wrong and my parents wae right about a few things too.. But ya, when you figure out a bunch of things were either lies or greatly embellished, you then doubt everything at that age and think you now know everything and everyone else is just stupid.. Turns out to also only be half right..
    There've been a few points like that in my life...every 4-5 years, I suppose. Starting at 10 or 11, we became "the big kids" and our teachers began discussing world events with us, and how they'd effect our lives. 14-16 is when I learned that the world is a deep and complex place, and when I learned to question everything (which leads into your "100% bullshit" statement).

I witnessed this one in college: The second year living in a coed dorm (somewhere between 19 and 21), attitudes change and things become less fun. It's no longer about "Hey, I'm living in this crazy place with all these awesome people," it's "ugh...this motherfucker...again?" I fucked over a few people - it is what it is, and I'm not exactly proud of it. But, the realization comes after that, when you can view things with a bit of distance. The interpersonal communication and conflict resolution is key here.

Then, there's the point where your brain fully matures sometime between 24 and 26, and I have no idea what to call this one. I'm still stuck here.

Caveman

The coming of age and awareness discussion above remind me of this old song...

Last edited by Neanderthal1; 08-27-2021 at 09:55 PM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Then, there's the point where your brain fully matures sometime between 24 and 26, and I have no idea what to call this one. I'm still stuck here.
    Maybe "oh shit, my parents were right about <insert just about anything>"?

Skate Pirate

Maybe "oh shit, my parents were right about <insert just about anything>"?
    I dunno man. People start dying, so mortality is called into question. As an adult, I start realizing why my parents did the things they did. I've started coming to terms with the traumas and bullying in my upbringing (from friends as well as family). Is it normal to feel like a husk when you get into your 30s or am I just in a fit of depression?

Gravity Slave Moderator

I dunno man. People start dying, so mortality is called into question. As an adult, I start realizing why my parents did the things they did. I've started coming to terms with the traumas and bullying in my upbringing (from friends as well as family). Is it normal to feel like a husk when you get into your 30s or am I just in a fit of depression?
    That mortality awareness is a lot of what motivated the parents' advice that I scoffed in my teens. They went through it same as we eventually do. Easily half of the people I partied with in my 20s who kept roaring on that crazy train and didn't settle down by about age 25 are dead now, many died in their late 20s and early 30s. Then another wave comes when we hit our 50s with the widowmakers taking others out, even the ones who never really partied hard at all aren't immune to that. It's the depression and car wrecks and over dosing that takes out folks in their 20s most. My dad's best friend and cousin went out that way about age 30. It hit him really hard. But other things I admit they were right about were economic pills I had to swallow of survival over principles. Some hills aren't worth dying on even though I know I'm in the right..

Caveman

There was an old saying, "You will become your parents." When word came down to me, the person was kind enough to leave out the caveat... "if you live that long".

Then there's denial... I remember thinking "No way!. Same reaction as when I learned about sex... My parents did that?!? NO WAY!
    I'm still grappling with that one. Lol...
    #scarredforlife

God

Ill never be like my parents, im far too sexy

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up