• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 3068 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 20682568296830183058306630673068306930703078 ... LastLast
Results 61,341 to 61,360 of 61673

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Tell you what guys the last year was pretty rough eh
    Worst year of my life without question. Not a single good thing happened in my end. hoping 2021 adds some recoil and ends up being positive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Good to see you stop in bro! In australia when most people lost there jobs or were working from home i was lucky enough to still have a job. Im a landscaper at sydney university, just doing maintenence type shit, considering the uni was empty apart from the workers it was safe and actually pretty good, i got lucky. Ended up leaving sydney, moving to a little country ass small town to be closer to friends, been here for 6 months and me and my girl have decided to move back to sydney next month haha, small towns arent for me at this stage of life i guess.....was a good experience though, made me appreciate what i had....anyway theres my life update for everyone
    I feel that man, I could never do small town life again I don't think. Living in the phoenix metro has spoiled me. I went back to visit my parents for Christmas in that bullshit town I grew up in and holy god I'd rather be homeless in arizona than be paid to live in a 100 mile radius of that place again. I get why some people like it, but I'll fuckin pass. Smallest city I could live in at this point would be heading back to Alaska and posting up in Anchorage. Living close to things and having every convenience within a couple km drive is just too fuckin sick. My neighborhood where I live is the best of both worlds, I'm 15 minutes from center city phoenix, but I'm the last block of scottsdale before it turns into a native reservation and becomes just open desert nature. It's quiet, AND I can walk to the grocery store. Miss me with that small town everything-is-a-hell-of-a-drive-away shit haha

God

Damn bro sounds like your posted up in a good spot! Ive started 2021 alot different to other years. Ive been exercising every day, eating healthy, havent had a drop of alcohol all month and i havent smoked a cigarette in close to four months. Feeling good about it, after the month ends ill go back to having a beer every now and then but gonna try to keep exercising and eating cleaner

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Global Moderator

Yeah man, I like phoenix. Weather is absolutely dogshit, but everything else about it is cool. I've been sober my entire life so I'm a little biased but congratulations on that! I think after some time of eating clean and being sober you won't go back to shitty habits, you'll really realize how terrible eating bad and treating your body badly actually makes you feel haha

Gravity Slave Moderator

Alcohol and other stuff is fun for awhile for folks who enjoy stuff like that. I'd say though, that most folks outgrow the party lifestyle. Not much more pathetic than a super drunk older person.. Glad you're giving sobriety a go Dale.. Some folks are best to just give it all up at some point (me).. Some folks can enjoy it in moderation occasionally, truly special occasions with no adverse effects (not me LOL!). I'm over 20 years straight up sober now not even a hit of weed since mid 1999. I know if I smoked dope I'd want a beer really badly. They just go together for me.. Then I'd be drinking daily again because one's too many and 20 ain't enough..

God

Oh man when i quit smoking cigarettes it was tough because smoking and drinking went hand in hand for me, i had to completely change my routines, it was a nightmare for a couple of weeks but now i never get cravings, im pretty proud of myself on that cause i was smoking darts for over ten years.
    When i was younger i use to binge drink pretty damn hard, id be drinking anywhere all the time haha, as ive grown ive learnt to appreciate when to stop, i still have my weekend nights where i drink too much but its definitley not a constant thing...kinda gotta be aware cause my dad is/was a bad alcoholic. Still love a beer in the sunshine after a skate sesh though. Just wanted to start this year off with a bit of a reset, its been good.

Caveman

You guys are giving skaters a bad name! Lol....
    Seriously though, great to hear that some of the old bad habits bit the dust and you guys are feeling better for it.

Today we celebrate a changing of the guard. At least I'm celebrating!
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 01-20-2021 at 08:49 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    You guys are giving skaters a bad name! Lol....
    Seriously though, great to hear that some of the old bad habits bit the dust and you guys are feeling better for it.

Today we celebrate a changing of the guard. At least I'm celebrating!
    I blasted a totally illegal mortar pack out in the street tonight.. been saving it for a really special occasion. This is it for sure.

Skate Pirate

I can't get drunk anymore. I still love the craft beer scene and everything, and have a whole whiskey collection, but I get a massive hangover if I have more than 2-3 drinks in a night. Gotta space it out and have something like a beer at dinner or a cocktail nightcap.

My tolerance for nicotine has tanked too. Can't even smoke an entire cigar anymore.

Caveman

I'm not on a health kick at the moment....

Something to remember Mango Mussolini by: https://djtrumplibrary.com/. Check it out. It's hilarious.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 01-24-2021 at 09:51 PM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Lost my mom Saturday. Her assisted living place had a COVID outbreak and she didn't make it. Blessing as she had bad dementia, dad passed in 2006 so they're back together now. Took a trim and more time off work to handle the final affairs. . Funeral home tomorrow, then what to do with all her stuff, one bedroom apartment. Don't want anything except her wedding rings and photo albums. Rest can go to the dump or Goodwill. Hoping the folks at the facility will handle that for a fee.

God

ahhhh im really sorry to hear that man...like you said it saves some pain with the bad dementia... I wish you and your family the best and my thoughts are with you brother.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Lost my mom Saturday. Her assisted living place had a COVID outbreak and she didn't make it. Blessing as she had bad dementia, dad passed in 2006 so they're back together now. Took a trim and more time off work to handle the final affairs. . Funeral home tomorrow, then what to do with all her stuff, one bedroom apartment. Don't want anything except her wedding rings and photo albums. Rest can go to the dump or Goodwill. Hoping the folks at the facility will handle that for a fee.
    I'm so sorry to hear that!

Caveman

My sincere condolences to you and your family NoSwitch.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Thanks guys. Gonna be a lot more people dying here. Oklahoma is MAGA country for sure...

Retired Staff

Just checking back in. On the sixth I did kind of a media overdose and am slowly getting back online.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother NoSwitch.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Just checking back in. On the sixth I did kind of a media overdose and am slowly getting back online.

I'm sorry to hear about your mother NoSwitch.
    Oh, hi there.

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Nice to see you checking in Rev J. Was wondering what happened.
    Seems to me like the media is back to the old normal. As far as US politics, I don't agree with everything that's going on, but I don't feel like tossing a brick through my monitor while catching up on the news.... everyday.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 01-27-2021 at 11:42 PM.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Nice to see you checking in Rev J. Was wondering what happened.
    Seems to me like the media is back to the old normal. As far as US politics, I don't agree with everything that's going on, but I don't feel like tossing a brick through my monitor while catching up on the news.... everyday.
    There's the kicker - you're not supposed to agree with everything that's going on, and it's foolish (and selfish) to presume that <your politician of choice> is absolutely perfect in every way, and that everything negative said against that person is a lie. That sets up a dangerous precedent wherein "alternative facts," doublespeak, lies, and half-truths become fuel for a fire, that leads to a literal attempted insurrection because nobody can agree on the truth.

I mean, the old conflict resolution trope is "there's three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth." But, we have set ourselves up in this country to where two of those sides have been nullified.

Global Moderator

sorry to hear it, dude

Cafe Fuzz

My condolences to you and the family sir
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.