• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 2980 of 3035 FirstFirst ... 198024802880293029702978297929802981298229903030 ... LastLast
Results 59,581 to 59,600 of 60691

Thread: Post your random thought.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by TGIMUNDAY View Post
    Everything goes great with pizza and wings.
    Maybe I'll write that into my will...My funeral will be catered with pizza and hotwings, and I demand to hear a version of Amazing Grace with bagpipes and screaming at my service.

Retired Staff

I want a combination Irish Wake and Viking Funeral. I want to be propped up in a rowboat with a beer in my hand lit on fire and kicked out into the SF Bay.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Just cremate me and throw my ashes someplace I enjoyed like the beach or the top of a ski mountain. Maybe burn a deck with my bones too..

Skate Pirate

It wasn't until a couple years ago when my grandpa died that my wife and I got talking about what we wanted. I was planning on being planted in a pine box, but she's been planning on being cremated.

I would, honestly, love to be shot into space, ejected back into the atmosphere, and burn up on reentry, but that's prohibitively expensive right now. Who knows what'll happen in the next 100 years though (I'm pretty much planning on living to be 130...my kids will be 300 when they die).

Who cares though. I'll be obliterated when the President launches nukes sometime before the midterms and Russia fires back at us. There's a pretty big manufacturing base locally, so we're pretty much a hot target. You only die once...Live your life every day. Maybe I should go to confession and get my sins absolved.

Global Moderator

as time goes on i find myself thinking more and more about removing myself from the internet entirely.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    as time goes on i find myself thinking more and more about removing myself from the internet entirely.
    You talking about your photos too, or just personal posts??

God

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    The world needs you trev, dont disappear or ill kick your ass

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    You talking about your photos too, or just personal posts??
    Part of me wants to do that. Delete every account I can, delete/obscure any posts that I can't delete the account to, ditch the smartphone, and get as close as I can to a clean slate. But, that process would take a few weeks, maybe a month, of retracing my steps and following all the leads I've developed online. Hell, when I deleted Facebook, that process took me a few days...and that was just one site, and well before they went all apeshit on data hoarding. I can only imagine the effort it would take to do that thorough of a job on the whole www.worldwideweb

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Pizza and wings are life. TGI i think its your destiny to bang the gas station girl
    The girl I'm seeing is all weird and distant and refuses to put a label on it, so maybe. Gas station girl, why am I so attracted to you?
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Skate Pirate

...Gas station girl, why am I so attracted to you?
    Hold on a second...this sounds like the chorus from a semi-generic hipstery folk rock song.

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Hold on a second...this sounds like the chorus from a semi-generic hipstery folk rock song.
    Honestly the entirety of my post kind of sounds like that. I guess I'm a songwriter, now.
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Global Moderator

Lmao... The indoor skatepark/shop I used to work out (that closed a year ago) just announced they're opening back up in a previous location.

so basically, the park was in the same building for like 10-15 years up until about 2009-ish (around the time I started working there), they spent an insane amount of money to build a park in a small space in a new outdoor mall almost across the street, which opened in 2010. That lasted for roughly 2 years and then we moved about 30 minutes away to an existing indoor park that wasn't paying their rent and that lasted for about 4-5 years and it closed about a year ago and then now they just announced they're opening back up in the same space at that mall (which had another occupant, completely redesigning the whole space.). I'm sure they won't be spending the outrageous amount they spent the first time to get it professionally built... We'll see what they do/how long they last this time...

Gravity Slave Moderator

Honestly the entirety of my post kind of sounds like that. I guess I'm a songwriter, now.
    Your hit song just went platinum!

Retired Staff

I kinda wish there was an indoor skatepark near me. Even though I almost never go to skateparks it would be nice to have someplace to go on rainy days.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

We had 2 indoor skateparks. One was inside a mall, and was forced out by the mall itself. The other was inside an alternative sports facility, with a roller rink, climbing wall, and RC car track. That one closed due to lack of use.

We have a bunch of outdoor parks, but those have honestly been taken over by gangs, or sit vacant and unused...all the core local skaters have moved on.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post

We have a bunch of outdoor parks, but those have honestly been taken over by gangs, or sit vacant and unused...all the core local skaters have moved on.
    Kind of a stretch to call soccer moms with scooter kids "gangs" isn't it? Seriously though, are there thugs just hanging out there chasing people away or do they skate there too when not chasing people away? Our downtown park went in right across the street from a major police sub station so perhaps that's why it's safer for kids to hang out at..

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Kind of a stretch to call soccer moms with scooter kids "gangs" isn't it? Seriously though, are there thugs just hanging out there chasing people away or do they skate there too when not chasing people away? Our downtown park went in right across the street from a major police sub station so perhaps that's why it's safer for kids to hang out at..
    I think they actually skate, but there are thugs that will chase other skaters away from the one park if you're not in their crew or whatever. They also have a preferred skateshop in town. The other outdoor park has/had gang graffiti on it, but nobody's ever there. There was a contingent of Latin Kings around here (we have a huge Latino population) at one point, and a few small groups that call themselves "affiliates," as well as a branch of The Street Runners; both active in the neighborhoods around the first park. We're a pretty quiet suburb, but there are regular reports of gang shootings and stabbings in the area.

Retired Staff

It's interesting though living in a skate Mecca. Even though everything is outdoors there are so many iconic skate spots around here. Then there are also so many underground diy locals only places that you even have to know someone to even find them and should get tetanus and hep shots before you go in plus watch where you step because that probably isn't dog shit and there could be needles on the ground.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Skate Pirate