• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 3014 of 3035 FirstFirst ... 20142514291429643004301230133014301530163024 ... LastLast
Results 60,261 to 60,280 of 60691

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Was whoever booked that tour on drugs?
    I think so HAHA its been really strenuous
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    I guess that the bright side is that you're on tour and that peeps will pay to see you and the band.
    Just another day at work, to be honest. shows and days all run together these days.

Retired Staff

I finally got all of my music production software downloaded. I ordered a book on Ableton live that should arrive within the next week or so. I'm starting to make goals for the next year.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

My wife's been eating healthy for the past few months...While I haven't actually lost any weight on the scale, I'm feeling a lot more chipper, and I'm apparently looking a lot better. Anyway, through the course of the weekend, I've eaten pizza twice, Burger King once, and Logan's Roadhouse once. I'm feeling like crap this morning. Blah.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I started my new job this week. I'm on board with the employer email and benefits and all that stuff but our team isn't set up with the client yet. That means no emial ID they can use to set up our work group computers, client email accounts, instant messaging, etc so three if us are literally just sitting around waiting on that. Also, next week we're all off from Dec 34th through Jan 1st due to client company wide mandatory furlough. So, I won't REALLY start training to do this new gig until next year. Not sure how I'm getting paid next week. I'm salary but probably have to burn all my floating holidays and a little PTO before I even accrue any. So, I'll actually owe them money/time for a couple months. Interest free though. Also, last gigs I had at different employer for same client didn't give the floating holidays so this is a much better deal than the last couple.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I started my new job this week. I'm on board with the employer email and benefits and all that stuff but our team isn't set up with the client yet. That means no emial ID they can use to set up our work group computers, client email accounts, instant messaging, etc so three if us are literally just sitting around waiting on that. Also, next week we're all off from Dec 34th through Jan 1st due to client company wide mandatory furlough. So, I won't REALLY start training to do this new gig until next year. Not sure how I'm getting paid next week. I'm salary but probably have to burn all my floating holidays and a little PTO before I even accrue any. So, I'll actually owe them money/time for a couple months. Interest free though. Also, last gigs I had at different employer for same client didn't give the floating holidays so this is a much better deal than the last couple.
    Good deal man! Too much work can drive you nuts, and too much downtime can drive you nuts.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Rockst*r: Yup, you are what you eat. Kind of curious what you mean by a "healthy" diet.

Nice update NoSwitch!

Just so you know, there's a bot posting....
    http://www.skaterscafe.com/member.php?10003993-jude32
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Global Moderator

Home from tour. Was a weird one but we made a lot of money. Flying to NC to visit the family for christmas on sunday night, stoked to go skate with my old homies for a few days again!

Skate Pirate

Rockst*r: Yup, you are what you eat. Kind of curious what you mean by a "healthy" diet.

Nice update NoSwitch!

Just so you know, there's a bot posting....
    http://www.skaterscafe.com/member.php?10003993-jude32
    I simply had a stomach bug, for which I was taking Imodium and ginger ale.

My wife, her mom, and her aunt are all doing WW...actually, my wife lost close to 50lbs doing Weight Watchers shortly after college, so she's had great success in the past with that. But, the system is set up to encourage eating whole, healthy foods, and portion control. I've lost nearly 10lbs just by eating the same meals as my wife

What I find odd is how they measure their points. Take one ear of corn and steam it, and it's 0 points. Take that same ear of corn, dry it, and pop it, and it becomes 3 points. Take a handful of strawberries (0 points), a banana (also 0), a cup of yogurt (yep, still 0), and some ice cubes (0 once again) and eat them individually, and you get the collective 0 points. But, take those and toss 'em into a blender to make a smoothie, and all the sudden, you have 5 points...same point value as 2 eggs, 3 strips of bacon, a cup of hasbrowns, and avocado toast (called the Felicia Platter...kind of a weenie version of a British breakfast).

Gravity Slave Moderator

Mrs NoSwitch did well with WW in the past but the new program that came out last January didn't work for her. Telling her eggs are ZERO points was a bad idea. How the fuck can eggs be zero points? Chicken breasts are also zero points under the new plan. Well, of course she'd go eat like three eggs right before bedtime and wonder why the program wasn't working as well as it did previously. She gave up and just joined Planet Fitness. She'd rather get up at 545 and go walk on a treadmill before work than give up snacks.

Skate Pirate

And there is the hitch: Chicken and eggs are 0 points because of how they're supposed to be eaten...same as the corn example above. As a side dish or veggie, steamed corn is considered healthy, but popcorn is considered a snack because you're usually accompanying it with a drink, or by being completely sedentary on the couch. A grilled chicken breast (same as eggs) is designed to be eaten just as a meal, not as a bedtime snack.

Global Moderator

lol i gained 30 pounds this year. but almost entirely just from sugar and being sedentary/spending most days sitting in a van on the road. I'm going to be really strict in my time home to get back down. Basically just vegaone protein+greens shakes, veggies and black coffee. I've noticed my alopecia has kicked back into gear too, another motivator to cut the sugar out.

However I will be back in north carolina for a few days starting monday morning, which means my blood becomes cheerwine for a few days. NoSwitch knows whats up.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    lol i gained 30 pounds this year. but almost entirely just from sugar and being sedentary/spending most days sitting in a van on the road. I'm going to be really strict in my time home to get back down. Basically just vegaone protein+greens shakes, veggies and black coffee. I've noticed my alopecia has kicked back into gear too, another motivator to cut the sugar out.

However I will be back in north carolina for a few days starting monday morning, which means my blood becomes cheerwine for a few days. NoSwitch knows whats up.
    Haha yep! A strict North Kakalaki meth and moonshine diet will have you back down to fighting weight in 3 weeks!

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Haha yep! A strict North Kakalaki meth and moonshine diet will have you back down to fighting weight in 3 weeks!

C/S,
    Rev J

Dr. Ska-Ctopus

We talk about dieting on here, now? Lame. Merry Christmas though, you animals! Or Hanukkah, though that was the beginning of the month... or Kwanzaa, which is shortly after Christmas?
    Check out the Official Longboarding Thread: http://www.skaterscafe.com/showthread.php?t=108102

Quote Originally Posted by SkateboardG View Post
    Only a couple of us can fly, R-Kelly & Michael Jordan in his prime.

Caveman

Merry Christmas everybody.

Retired Staff

Since I have to work tonight and tomorrow I'm breaking my general rule about not drinking at work. I splurged on Kettle One and Kahlua and am getting a good buzz going.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Merry Christmas everybody.
    You too and everyone. Cheers!

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Since I have to work tonight and tomorrow I'm breaking my general rule about not drinking at work. I splurged on Kettle One and Kahlua and am getting a good buzz going.
    Since I don't have to stay up until 2:00am trying to quietly assemble toys for young kids anymore, I'm enjoying a bit of Basil Hayden bourbon.

Cheers!

Retired Staff

Since I don't have to stay up until 2:00am trying to quietly assemble toys for young kids anymore, I'm enjoying a bit of Basil Hayden bourbon.

Cheers!
    "Jackie Treehorn treats objects like women."

Cheers!

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

C/S,
    Rev J