• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 3005 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 200525052905295529953003300430053006300730153055 ... LastLast
Results 60,081 to 60,100 of 61673

Thread: Post your random thought.

Retired Staff

I am the stone that the builder refused
    I am the visual, the inspiration
    That made Lady sing the blues

I'm the spark that makes your idea bright
    The same spark that lights the dark
    So that you can know your left from your right

I am the ballot in your box, the bullet in the gun
    The inner glow that lets you know to call your brother son
    The story that just begun, the promise of what's to come
    And I'mma remain a soldier till the war is won
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

I think when there's a Donald Trump memorial it will be a urinal.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Fake news!

Lol, no matter the type of memorial, it'll be a urinal for many. Just sayin'
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Skate Pirate

I miss having a boring president.

Gravity Slave Moderator

But her emails!!!!

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Fake news!

Lol, no matter the type of memorial, it'll be a urinal for many. Just sayin'
    Fair enough. I half joke that I feel sorry for the dude who has to clean up GG Allins grave site. People come from all over the world to piss and shit there.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    But her emails!!!!
    That's what I'm seeing now for the Trump a urinal with a plaque saying "But her emails!"

C/S,
    Rev J

Sail Hatan.

I dislike trump, but i honestly do prefer him to Hillary the Robotic Sub Human.

Pokemon Go to the polls!

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    I dislike trump, but i honestly do prefer him to Hillary the Robotic Sub Human.

Pokemon Go to the polls!
    That's what I struggled with as well. I've spent my entire life hearing how much of a terrible, horrible, awful, no-good person Hillary was from my parents, my family, and the media they'd consume...despite the fact that she'd devoted her life to public service, and built a career out of doing the things that we should expect from our politicians. I had some hardcore cognitive dissonance going on with her. Then again, Donald was nothing but a punchline on SNL or The Simpsons for my entire life, before becoming a reality TV star.

Ol' Hills was a polished politician, tainted by 25+ years of being smeared by the media; my opinion is that she was the better candidate, in that she exercised decorum and professionalism throughout the campaign, but had that smacked back in her face by being politically very boring. I couldn't justify voting for Donny, since he demonstrably lied at every turn, and developed his cult of personality around "telling it like it is," and spewing vile rhetoric, while crafting a brand around being a loose cannon.

Now, outside of the presidential arena, I've found myself being more politically active than ever before, writing emails and letters to my congressman almost weekly...and nearly every issue I've written him about, he disagrees with. I don't necessarily want to be a Democrat, but if my Republican congressman isn't representing my interests, I can't (in good faith) vote for him...

Gravity Slave Moderator

Seems like the bottom lines for Trump supporters are no gay marriage, no immigrants allowed to compete for unskilled labor jobs, no freedom of religion for Muslims, and no abortions.. in that order. I can respect the last one as a deal breaker but it really seems to be more of an excuse considering so many high profile GOP folks have been documented urging people they knocked up to get abortions. Bet that National Enquirer vault has some dirt of that nature on Trump too..

Oh, and the equating being anti police brutality and unequal application of justice, anti profiling with disrespecting the flag, anthem, and/or veterans is a vile false equivalency.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    That's what I struggled with as well. I've spent my entire life hearing how much of a terrible, horrible, awful, no-good person Hillary was from my parents, my family, and the media they'd consume...despite the fact that she'd devoted her life to public service, and built a career out of doing the things that we should expect from our politicians. I had some hardcore cognitive dissonance going on with her. Then again, Donald was nothing but a punchline on SNL or The Simpsons for my entire life, before becoming a reality TV star.

Ol' Hills was a polished politician, tainted by 25+ years of being smeared by the media; my opinion is that she was the better candidate, in that she exercised decorum and professionalism throughout the campaign, but had that smacked back in her face by being politically very boring. I couldn't justify voting for Donny, since he demonstrably lied at every turn, and developed his cult of personality around "telling it like it is," and spewing vile rhetoric, while crafting a brand around being a loose cannon.

Now, outside of the presidential arena, I've found myself being more politically active than ever before, writing emails and letters to my congressman almost weekly...and nearly every issue I've written him about, he disagrees with. I don't necessarily want to be a Democrat, but if my Republican congressman isn't representing my interests, I can't (in good faith) vote for him...
    Yep, heard my whole life about how horrible the Clinton's are... I believe I even posted on this thread once the Primary was over that I felt I couldn't vote for Hillary. Then I applied myself and looked for honest accounts on all the "conspiracies" surrounding her (Uranium One, Benghazi, emails, etc...) and every single one was completely exaggerated and had no real substance. Hillary Clinton would've made a great president in my opinion, she was a victim of Republican/Russian propaganda.

God

You guys and your crazy presidents, ive never been more proud to be Australian

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ben_larsen View Post
    Yep, heard my whole life about how horrible the Clinton's are... I believe I even posted on this thread once the Primary was over that I felt I couldn't vote for Hillary. Then I applied myself and looked for honest accounts on all the "conspiracies" surrounding her (Uranium One, Benghazi, emails, etc...) and every single one was completely exaggerated and had no real substance. Hillary Clinton would've made a great president in my opinion, she was a victim of Republican/Russian propaganda.
    The thing is irregardless of the shit said about Hillary there was always something I didn't like about her that I couldn't quite put my finger on. Then I watched her debate Bernie Sanders and I realized what it was. Every time he answered a question she rolled her eyes and gave him a look like she wanted to call him a stupid fuck. Then I realized that she's a condescending bitch and I tried to imagine her in some type of summit doing the same thing. That said I still voted for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    You guys and your crazy presidents, ive never been more proud to be Australian

By the way thanks for Rupert Murdoch asshole!

Just kidding. I think it's fitting that Peter Garrett was Minister of Education and Culture as I learned more about Australian history and culture listening to Midnight Oil that I did in history class. Then again you also gave us Mel Gibson. Although the Mad Max movies kicked ass. But then again you also gave us Flea. Almost balances out. On the flip side you gave us Paul Hogan. But then again Nick Cave is pretty cool.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

So, how many of us are burning our Nike SB's in protest of the Kapernick ad?

I may burn a bunch of my Big & Rich CD's in protest of John being a fucking twatwaffle, since burning CD's will actually hurt his bottom line, Napster style!

Gravity Slave Moderator

I may burn a bunch of my Big & Rich CD's in protest of John being a fucking twatwaffle, since burning CD's will actually hurt his bottom line, Napster style!
    What? I thought we were already boycotting the NFL and football. And Harleys, and Amazon and all the retailers that dumped Ivanka's shit and CNN, NYT, NBC, CBS,

Gravity Slave Moderator

Hopping on a plane to OKC tomorrow to visit my mom and a couple friends from college I haven't seen in 20 years. Got laid off a couple weeks ago and taking advantage of the break to handle a few things long overdue. Mom's not doing well. This will probably be the last time I see her before I return again to bury her. Been applying to jobs already but will pick up the pace there when I get back next week.

Retired Staff

I was actually planning on buying a pair. I had a pair of P-Rod 7's that I loved. I might even throw in a Bryan Anderson Jersey.

C/S,
    Rev J

God

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post

By the way thanks for Rupert Murdoch asshole!

Just kidding. I think it's fitting that Peter Garrett was Minister of Education and Culture as I learned more about Australian history and culture listening to Midnight Oil that I did in history class. Then again you also gave us Mel Gibson. Although the Mad Max movies kicked ass. But then again you also gave us Flea. Almost balances out. On the flip side you gave us Paul Hogan. But then again Nick Cave is pretty cool.
    Hahah you listened to midnight oil?! Crazy!

Mel gibson is pretty damn cool, confession, i did not know Flea was Aussie, that is super cool. We also gave you Heath ledger.....the coolest guy to come out of Australia

Retired Staff

Yeah Flea was born in Melbourne. And I still love the Oils! Not as big a fan of Crowded House though. I'll listen to Men At Work once in a while if I'm feeling nostalgic for my childhood. If I'm not too depressed I can dig "Murder Ballads" by Nick Cave.

You guys also gave us Steve Irwin. Granted my friends and I kinda had a deadpool going on as to which episode he was going to buy it on. And I'll own up to perving on his daughters tits when she was on "Dancing With the Stars".

Also wasn't Tim Minchin born in Australia?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Men at Work is where I got all my Aussie culture from.. and Mad Max.

God

Tim minchin was def born in Australia