• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 3076 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 2076257629763026306630743075307630773078 ... LastLast
Results 61,501 to 61,520 of 61673

Thread: Post your random thought.

God

Mike you crazy sonna bitch, how you been? Give us a life update

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Terrible to hear sir. Sincere condolences for the past year of passings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Mike's doing alright! He's right where I was about 10 years ago with the family stuff and kids.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Well, neighbor on Nextdoor App posted an urgent request to rehome a dog by this weekend.. 3 year old boxer/terrier rescue mutt about half the size of our last dog. We took her and it's working out really well. Softens the blow of losing one last week when it seems to have made room for another rescue in need. Doesn't bite doesn't try to bolt, leaves space for asshole cat who hates all dogs, perfect! Even has the same vet as our last dog. It all worked out in the end..

Retired Staff

Sounds like it's working out for you dude.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Nice NoSwitch!
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Cafe Fuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    Well I've been swamped with work. I can't understand how something as simple as what I've now done for the last 24 years can be made overly complicated by people. I give my team the tools and ideas to be successful, but I just don't think people have the same level of passion as I have for the job. In one way its sad as its all I know how to do, the other side of it is its rather easy for me. I've also been travelling a bit doing vaccine rollouts on the east coast for my company. That's pretty cool. Hoping flights isn't something in my wheelhouse of normalcy, so pretending its normal is sort of surreal. I wish I had the opportunity to do this in my 20's. Cause when I went out to California I went to a few skateparks but I felt I was 15 years too late to really go in and carve those ridiculously awesome parks.

The family is healthy. The wife is good. She works from home (except Mondays now), so it saved the coins on child care for the last year or so. My kids are now 12 and 9. My daughter is a real people pleaser. Just is a caring individual for sure. My son is great, he talks way too much, and has an explanation for everything. Example: The school called me to tell me he got in trouble for running in the hall, and he said he wasn't running, he was walking quickly. SO that sums up his ability to be witty!
    He doesn't take an interest in skateboarding, its more about the scooter. Although when he sees a skateboarder he will gladly tell them I used to skate. I do jump on the board and travel the driveway, but I've had my eye on a long board for a little while now. I like the idea of just going to a bike trail and powering through with a comfortable ride.

How you been sir? Your turn!
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

God

Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Well I've been swamped with work. I can't understand how something as simple as what I've now done for the last 24 years can be made overly complicated by people. I give my team the tools and ideas to be successful, but I just don't think people have the same level of passion as I have for the job. In one way its sad as its all I know how to do, the other side of it is its rather easy for me. I've also been travelling a bit doing vaccine rollouts on the east coast for my company. That's pretty cool. Hoping flights isn't something in my wheelhouse of normalcy, so pretending its normal is sort of surreal. I wish I had the opportunity to do this in my 20's. Cause when I went out to California I went to a few skateparks but I felt I was 15 years too late to really go in and carve those ridiculously awesome parks.

The family is healthy. The wife is good. She works from home (except Mondays now), so it saved the coins on child care for the last year or so. My kids are now 12 and 9. My daughter is a real people pleaser. Just is a caring individual for sure. My son is great, he talks way too much, and has an explanation for everything. Example: The school called me to tell me he got in trouble for running in the hall, and he said he wasn't running, he was walking quickly. SO that sums up his ability to be witty!
    He doesn't take an interest in skateboarding, its more about the scooter. Although when he sees a skateboarder he will gladly tell them I used to skate. I do jump on the board and travel the driveway, but I've had my eye on a long board for a little while now. I like the idea of just going to a bike trail and powering through with a comfortable ride.

How you been sir? Your turn!
    Well thats really good my man, its actually dope that your still as passionate about your job after that length in it. Jealous of that california skate park visit my dude, Glad to hear the familys happy and healthy, travelling the driveway is better than nothing.

Ahhh me, ummmmm things are pretty good i guess. Sydney just went into lockdown haha, we did so good for almost a year, pretty much covid free living normal and then boom delta variant comes along and we dont have enough vaccine at the current time and its spreading like wildfire so currently locked down. I worked through the first covid snap but this time im being forced to take two weeks off....actually been kinda nice, bought a playstation, getting back into video games, playing red dead redemption 2 haha.
    Anyway pretty much all good here, last year me and the woman moved to a small country town for a while, decided it wasnt for us just yet and moved back to sydney, its been good, living near the beach, shes taking steps to complete her visa to stay here and shes currently working from home too so its all gravy baby...
    Oh yeah and trying to skate when i can, ive accepted ive lost majority of tricks but i still got varial heels and varial kicks on flatground so thats coo, apart from that ive just appreciated the roll, nice little 5050 shuvs off ledges and stuff like that is my bread and butter now

Retired Staff

One of my clients who I've been working for for nearly 15 years is dying from Bacterial Meningitis. I had a one man Irish Wake when I found out. They said that he has too much brain damage to try and treat him so they sent him home to hospice. I talked to him on the phone. He was able to hear and understand me enough that the woman taking care of me said that he smiled. He's got a tube down his throat so he's unable to talk.

My dad had COVID it fully took him out for about a week and took him another couple to recover. He's still anti vaxx. I'm still working entirely too much and have still drastically cut my online time.

I made a totally killer batch of Beer Brats the other night that will probably last me another couple of days.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    One of my clients who I've been working for for nearly 15 years is dying from Bacterial Meningitis. I had a one man Irish Wake when I found out. They said that he has too much brain damage to try and treat him so they sent him home to hospice. I talked to him on the phone. He was able to hear and understand me enough that the woman taking care of me said that he smiled. He's got a tube down his throat so he's unable to talk.
    Bummer. Hope he doesn't hang on too long if it's that bad.

My dad had COVID it fully took him out for about a week and took him another couple to recover. He's still anti vaxx. I'm still working entirely too much and have still drastically cut my online time.
    It's worth dying just to stick it to DemoCRAPS?

I made a totally killer batch of Beer Brats the other night that will probably last me another couple of days.

That's a good way to decompress from that mess..

Skate Pirate

Whamo, famo.

Gravity Slave Moderator

So the people they taunted for wearing masks and getting vaccinated are now walking around able to give them a much worse strain while barely impacted at all by it.... all because they refused to do one simple thing to help others be safe. That's how Karma works folks..

Sucks for frontline healthcare workers who are getting slammed again. But, at least there are working vaccines to protect them for the most part.

Caveman

The current mainstream Republican narrative is killing their own constituency. I don't understand this and it makes me mad as hell.

I was pretty incensed when Hillary said that half of Trump supporters fit into a basket of deplorables. Over time, I'm inclined to agree.
    It sucks to be ignorant.

woops... /rant

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    I was pretty incensed when Hillary said that half of Trump supporters fit into a basket of deplorables. Over time, I'm inclined to agree.
    It sucks to be ignorant.

woops... /rant
    I filed that one under "don't say the quiet part out loud!!!!" I'd already seen a fair amount of pretty deplorable shit out of that crowd at the time she said it. Another one that's sort of true but extremely poorly communicated is... "DeFund The Police". Stupidest messaging ever! Either should have been "De MILITARIZ"E The Police or something else positive like "ReHumanize The Police".

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I filed that one under "don't say the quiet part out loud!!!!" I'd already seen a fair amount of pretty deplorable shit out of that crowd at the time she said it. Another one that's sort of true but extremely poorly communicated is... "DeFund The Police". Stupidest messaging ever! Either should have been "De MILITARIZ"E The Police or something else positive like "ReHumanize The Police".
    When Conservatives say things like "Defund Planned Parenthood," they tend to err more on the side of "Abolish Planned Parenthood, no questions asked." So, when Conservatives hear Liberals say "Defund The Police," they hear "Abolish The Police, No Questions Asked," instead of the more sane "Let's take 10% of the money away from the police and reinvest it in things like schools or social programs."

Then there's the nuance of leftist/rightist, liberal/conservative, democrat/republican all espousing similar (but markedly different) ideologies. Left/right are (at least based on my understanding) about libertarianism versus authoritarianism; lib/con are about how quickly things change; and dem/rep are the United States political parties.

Gravity Slave Moderator

@Trevor.. What's the status of your tour gigs with the delta kicking COVidiots asses again now? I've got tickets to Styx next week and that's still on masks required now. Not sure if they're going to pull the plug and shut shit down again come September though. Curious to see if you're tour is still 100% on or back in jeopardy..

Global Moderator

@Trevor.. What's the status of your tour gigs with the delta kicking COVidiots asses again now? I've got tickets to Styx next week and that's still on masks required now. Not sure if they're going to pull the plug and shut shit down again come September though. Curious to see if you're tour is still 100% on or back in jeopardy..
    So far the gist is, if no performers have covid, the show goes on. I really wish venues would start enforcing vax cards or antibody tests for entry, so we don't all get fucked. I know my tour the protocols are, no friends/family in the backstage or on buses, nobody on the tour allowed inside the venue once doors open except to perform or if your job requires it (Sound engineer/lights/merch), couple other rules like that.

I'm hoping we are still allowed to have shows and that venues will start actually enforcing some shit so we don't all get fucked in a few weeks. I have a friend here in Arizona who is a scientist and works for Nasa and all that; the Delta variant apparently falls as hard as it spikes. It spreads so rapidly that everyone gets it basically and it runs out of places to go; that combined with increasing vaxx rates again and I am hoping by mid September we're back on a better path. He says people should absolutely still be wearing masks and that the fact the CDC ever said we were good to take them off made him and every single person he has ever worked with scream with rage, and that no actual epidemiologist or scientist EVER gave the OK for that and it was a total PR move; but that he believes if places actually enforced vax cards and antibody tests he doesn't see much of an issue. So, we will see; I'm trying to be hopeful but not unrealistic, and also realistic but not pessimistic. However, I will be absolutely, wholly, completely fucked if the tour does get cancelled. I had already established my last day at one job at home and have filed my sabbatical already from my other one.

If you're reading this and you're in america and you still haven't gotten the shot, please just fucking get it. Millions of people, myself included, our entire lives and careers are being fucked up and halted and in some cases ended permanently because of YOU. It has been free and available to all persons with no appointment needed for literal months; you have no excuses anymore. Just go fucking get it so everyone can get back on with our lives. If we end up going into another lockdown because you trust Facebook more than you trust actual scientists and people who do this shit for a living, one of the lead guys in my camp has already said he's probably gonna have to quit entirely and I will lose my position completely. And guess the fuck what, I didn't get unemployment the first time and I definitely won't qualify a second time either. Other people in the world exist besides you. Go get it.

Global Moderator

So far the gist is, if no performers have covid, the show goes on. I really wish venues would start enforcing vax cards or antibody tests for entry, so we don't all get fucked. I know my tour the protocols are, no friends/family in the backstage or on buses, nobody on the tour allowed inside the venue once doors open except to perform or if your job requires it (Sound engineer/lights/merch), masks on for everyone on the tour except performers during performance couple other rules like that. the rest is up to the venues; so far, venues are being surprisingly pretty goddamn irresponsible and it fucking sucks. Shooting everyone in the foot just to get a couple more ticket sales from some of the anti vaxxers and anti maskers.

I'm hoping we are still allowed to have shows and that venues will start actually enforcing some shit so we don't all get fucked in a few weeks. I have a friend here in Arizona who is a scientist and works for Nasa and all that; the Delta variant apparently falls as hard as it spikes. It spreads so rapidly that everyone gets it basically and it runs out of places to go; that combined with increasing vaxx rates again and I am hoping by mid September we're back on a better path. He says people should absolutely still be wearing masks and that the fact the CDC ever said we were good to take them off made him and every single person he has ever worked with scream with rage, and that no actual epidemiologist or scientist EVER gave the OK for that and it was a total PR move; but that he believes if places actually enforced vax cards and antibody tests he doesn't see much of an issue. So, we will see; I'm trying to be hopeful but not unrealistic, and also realistic but not pessimistic. However, I will be absolutely, wholly, completely fucked if the tour does get cancelled. I had already established my last day at one job at home and have filed my sabbatical already from my other one.

If you're reading this and you're in america and you still haven't gotten the shot, please just fucking get it. Millions of people, myself included, our entire lives and careers are being fucked up and halted and in some cases ended permanently because of YOU. It has been free and available to all persons with no appointment needed for literal months; you have no excuses anymore. Just go fucking get it so everyone can get back on with our lives. If we end up going into another lockdown because you trust Facebook more than you trust actual scientists and people who do this shit for a living, one of the lead guys in my camp has already said he's probably gonna have to quit entirely and I will lose my position completely. And guess the fuck what, I didn't get unemployment the first time and I definitely won't qualify a second time either. Other people in the world exist besides you. Go get it.

God

good advice trev....you are no longer shortys_kid, you are now Shortys_man.

Australia handled covid so good last year that we got to live free and normal for the past year, weve only just got back into lockdown the past month cause the delta variant spread and shit went crazy....now our only hope is everyone getting vaccinated... My girlfriends pretty bummed cause she cant go back to canada to see her family until this shit is dealt with....We are on week 4 of lockdown with at least another month ahead of us....aint looking good for down under

Gravity Slave Moderator

Some of the scientists are basing the Delta forecasts on the UK as a model. UK had more vaccinated people and less rural areas with millions of back assed redkecks who dispute science because GAWD will protect them. With that in mind there are also more dire predictions coming out from other entomologists ( I know one in Pittsburgh) as for how things play out here with the Delta hanging around longer, increasing chances for more deadly variants to develop.. All this because of dumb fucks and stubborn dumb fucks who want to triple down on what lies the VACCINATED talking heads at Fucks News are telling them. And yes, I got in arguments with and blocked by left leaning folks who were all in with back to normal when the CDC said vaccinated people don't need masks. I told them that was a huge mistake then and guaranteed we'd be back to masks very soon. Whelp, here we are. Can't tell them I told you so because they blocked me... They're other musicians who were all excited about being back in business to play gigs and sing in clubs where nobody has to wear masks.. Oh well.

The FDA is also fucking this up. If the vaccines had FULL approval it would be easier for schools and businesses to require them for everyone.. and health insurance plans could DOUBLE premiums for idiots who refuse to get vaccinated and cost us all a lot more money overall in healthcare costs and economic disaster. Plenty of blame to go around but it starts and ends with people getting the shot and wearing masks until it's really GONE.

Caveman

Shorty's_Kid: Seems that in this forum, you're preaching to the choir... I think that the only one spouting Covid misinformation in this site might be me.

One mystery of the Delta virus in the UK and India is.... Why did both countries have a massive spike in cases to only later have the case rates unexpectedly settle back down?

And... another from the "You shouldn't say that file"... Back drop, the neighbor in question is even older than me... dirt + 15 yrs or so...
    "Covid... hmmm.... Well the Chinese finally made something that lasts over 12 months...."