• Yes, I am new here!

29 23.39%
  • Zombie from long ago

23 18.55%
Page 3029 of 3029 FirstFirst ... 20292529292929793019302730283029
Results 60,561 to 60,562 of 60562

Thread: Post your random thought.

Skate Pirate

Speaking of spammers, back in the day, you could tell if your email had been hacked if you checked out the "sent" folder and it was filled with strange emails. I got a suspicious-looking Google alert this morning saying that my email was being used for spam activities, but could find no such strange emails in my sent folder. Is there a way to tell if my account has been compromised beyond that?

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Speaking of spammers, back in the day, you could tell if your email had been hacked if you checked out the "sent" folder and it was filled with strange emails. I got a suspicious-looking Google alert this morning saying that my email was being used for spam activities, but could find no such strange emails in my sent folder. Is there a way to tell if my account has been compromised beyond that?
    I think they probably have data miners that just pull your email contacts in to their own cloud and shoot the spam from there. What they do is take your entire address book and send spam to everyone in that contacts list, but rather than having you as the sender email they have the other contacts as the sender so friend A will get spam that appears to be coming from friend B instead of from you. Google probably has AI that spots a bunch of spam being reported from your particular GMail contacts list and told you someone hacked your account to get that contacts list most likely, but no way to tell for sure. VPN and spoofing have pretty much made it all but impossible to figure out where emails, texts, and calls come from without major investigating..