29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 3045 of 3046 FirstFirst ... 204525452945299530353043304430453046 LastLast
Results 60,881 to 60,900 of 60920

Thread: Post your random thought.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by matrixisfun View Post
    would leith ledger ever leave a cadalac uninsuranced when the candy man is checkin the weather? if it looks windy u betta duck.

Retired Staff

I just ordered a designer COVID mask:

https://www.tribalgear.com/global/sh.../bandana-mask/
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

The last batch of those they made sold out in one day so I really wanted to jump on that while I could.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

God

well yesterday was my last day of work, ive been stood down until all this shit is over....feels weird i havent not worked since i was like 17. Got three weeks holiday to be paid out for then im applying for government help....lining up some cash work with a mate too

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Gravity Slave Moderator

Sucks Dale. This is the most disruptive thing to hit the world since WWII. It's going to cascade around to people who think their jobs are secure too. When 30 million people in the US aren't getting a paycheck they stop buying things, then those suppliers stop getting a paycheck and stop paying their suppliers, we're all fucked pretty soon.

And, a lot of these jobs where we've found workarounds or given up on aren't coming back.

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Sucks Dale. This is the most disruptive thing to hit the world since WWII. It's going to cascade around to people who think their jobs are secure too. When 30 million people in the US aren't getting a paycheck they stop buying things, then those suppliers stop getting a paycheck and stop paying their suppliers, we're all fucked pretty soon.

And, a lot of these jobs where we've found workarounds or given up on aren't coming back.
    Yeah sorry to hear that news Dr_Feelgood. Hope that things work out okay for you.

Yup NoSwitch, 30 million+ unemployed in the US & the economic impact is global, so this one's going to hurt for sure.

The good news is that I still have a couple of boards AND I can find toilet paper in the grocery store.

Trending item... it's hard to find yeast in the grocery store now. People turned back the clock and are making their own bread. I took a slightly different angle and picked up a Weber smoker. I lit a "no food" dry run on Thurs night after assembling the beast. Yesterday I smoked 6 racks of ribs. It was a 5.5hr cook. They turned out good to very good, but fell short of greatness.

Take care and stay safe. If you got 'em, ride em.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Yeah sorry to hear that news Dr_Feelgood. Hope that things work out okay for you.

Yup NoSwitch, 30 million+ unemployed in the US & the economic impact is global, so this one's going to hurt for sure.

The good news is that I still have a couple of boards AND I can find toilet paper in the grocery store.

Trending item... it's hard to find yeast in the grocery store now. People turned back the clock and are making their own bread. I took a slightly different angle and picked up a Weber smoker. I lit a "no food" dry run on Thurs night after assembling the beast. Yesterday I smoked 6 racks of ribs. It was a 5.5hr cook. They turned out good to very good, but fell short of greatness.

Take care and stay safe. If you got 'em, ride em.
    Most of the major meat processing plants in the US have shut down due to outbreaks, infected employees. That's what happens when they dont give them masks and tell them to use hair nets instead.

Went to McDonald's today and they were totally out of meat, no beef, no Quarter Pounders, no Big Macs, no cheeseburgers, only chicken and fish. Thinking it was a good move to grab that 2nd to the last case of 1/4 pound beef patties at Wally World yesterday. My freezers are JAM packed with meat. We've been getting take out almost every night to avoid dipping in to our strategic food reserves.

We still got SUNS though. There you go Neandy!

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    We still got SUNS though. There you go Neandy!
    It's a strange world when MickyD's runs out of beef....
    What's "SUNS"?

I sure hope that this isn't an UPDOG joke....
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 05-03-2020 at 07:39 PM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

It's a strange world when MickyD's runs out of meat....
    What's "SUNS"?

I sure hope that this isn't an UPDOG joke....
    Look under your user name. You now have two suns instead of one. Suns are rep badges.

Caveman

Wow, okay... I guess that I'm walking a little taller today! Thanks!

I still can't rep anybody, but given past behavior on another forum, I guess that's reasonable.

Retired Staff

I made Calypso Steak with a thyme mustard sauce, with black beans and rice on the side.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Wow, that sounds really tasty Rev J.

Retired Staff

Yeah, New York Strip Steak marinated in Rum, Lime Juice, Worcestershire sauce, Fresh Parsley, Fresh Ginger, Garlic, Allspice, Cloves, and Chili Pepper flakes. If I had a grill I would've grilled it so I cooked it in a grill pan on the stove.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Wow, okay... I guess that I'm walking a little taller today! Thanks!

I still can't rep anybody, but given past behavior on another forum, I guess that's reasonable.
    I don't think your no rep settings are personal or intentional. I do think there's a minimum post count before your rep powers are enabled, but I'd think 100 plus should be good. This place was hacked and a lot of damage was done to the peripheral features that wasn't ever fully fixed. It might just be busted. Pathteck4 could check in to your profile and see if there is something on the admin powers end to fix it.

Caveman

Rev J: Wow, you sure know how to cook! That meal looks real tasty. A lot of peeps took up baking during the lockdown. I hear that the stores ran out of yeast. I picked up a Weber Smoker so I've been playing with that. I smoked 6 racks of ribs last Saturday on my first cook. Smoked them over charcoal and applewood and spritzed them with apple juice and brown sugar. They turned out just fine but that was a 5.5 hr cook.

No Switch: Thanks, while I do appreciate the thought, I wouldn't want any further time wasted on the topic of reps. This is a nice little corner of the web to just hang out and chat. I just brought it up in case anybody was wondering why I wasn't reciprocating.

In the real world, CA is starting to open back up. Being that the county that I live in was formerly Corona Central, I think that I'm going to be locked up for a while. That's okay, but I really want a hair cut. Lol.... never thought that I'd say that!
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 05-04-2020 at 09:45 PM.

Retired Staff

Thanks. Those ribs sound amazing. My family used to hold a pig roast Labor Day weekend every year.

Every week or 2 I cook up 4 to 7 days worth of food all at once. Caribbean food is my specialty. Although my Cajun/Creole cooking is pretty good too.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

@rockst*r: Here you go... We were guessing about the early Covad-19 spread, but now research is bearing it out. Looks to me like it's entirely possible that you got knocked on your ass in late Dec / early Jan by the beast.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22I1E3

Skate Pirate

@rockst*r: Here you go... We were guessing about the early Covad-19 spread, but now research is bearing it out. Looks to me like it's entirely possible that you got knocked on your ass in late Dec / early Jan by the beast.
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-h...-idUSKBN22I1E3
    I don't want to be conspiratorial or anything, but that's the kicker: I've had the flu before, I've had chest colds and head colds - I've had the body aches and the "hit by a truck" feeling that comes with the flu. What truly took me aback was the dry, wracking cough and the incredible shortness of breath.

There's just so much about this that we don't know yet, and that's what causes me the most concern.

Caveman

Oh no conspiracy here. In Dec & Jan it was flu season and we didn't know much of anything about the virus at that time. It would be interesting to find out if you have the anti-bodies though.

Skate Pirate

Oh no conspiracy here. In Dec & Jan it was flu season and we didn't know much of anything about the virus at that time. It would be interesting to find out if you have the anti-bodies though.
    Someone's making money off of concealing the data - a big funder of the ReOpen States movement is also a big funder of one of the local health systems here in Michigan. The same health system reported a "flattened curve" of infections for 2 weeks, but also suppressed the number of tests (and continue to make it artificially difficult to get testing), which was cited as justification for the ReOpen movement. Something fishy's going on there.