• Still no

9 7.83%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.48%
  • Yes, I am new here!

26 22.61%
  • Zombie from long ago

17 14.78%
Page 2974 of 3002 FirstFirst ... 19742474287429242964297229732974297529762984 ... LastLast
Results 59,461 to 59,480 of 60021

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

Tonight i got paid $200 to just count in and count out inventory for a relatively small show and i felt bad for taking that much at first UNTIL the tour manager turned out to be super clueless and annoying so i gladly took it

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    How the hell do you get back into reading? I just finished the third new book I've read for pleasure since college (I graduated 2011). I've bought dozens of books, but they're all shelved with bookmarks in them, sitting unread for YEARS now.

I used to read every night...I'd go to bed, read for a half hour, then go to sleep. But, since college, I've always had a laptop on hand...I'm still reading, it's just user-generated content, and not an actual book. So, I guess I'm looking for a trick or tip to break that habit, and return myself to a place where I want to read books before bed, instead of forums like this.
    ditch the social media and screentime my guy. start setting a screen allowance time for yourself. no more screens after X:XXpm.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Passed through Shorty's old stomping grounds on the way up to WV on a ski trip. Stopped in King to grab McD's drive thru this morning.

Got rained on all day skiing yesterday. Still fun though because the crowds weren't too bad thanks to the sucky ski weather. At least it wasn't super cold rain and ice..

Earth Punk

Scribd is a great resource too. you can get a 30 day free trial and after that it is about $9.00 a month.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

LMAOOOO KING MCDONALDS

interesting times in that building

Skate Pirate

Our mascot is on imgur:

God

First weekend of sunshine since i cant even remember, so nice but im not getting use to it

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Global Moderator

Opposite here. It was total overcast and gloom today and the whole city was rejoicing haha

Global Moderator

National Geographic chose one of of my photos for a lil thing where the winner gets their photo shared on the natgeo yourshot instagram account with almost 1 million followers. Vote for mine if you don't mind. Trevor McGoldrick is my name if you don't already know it. http://yourshot.nationalgeographic.c...en/2018-02-14/

Skate Pirate

BOOM! MOTHAFUCKIN SHAUN WHITE!

Gravity Slave Moderator

BOOM! MOTHAFUCKIN SHAUN WHITE!
    No thanks..

Why Isn’t NBC Talking About the Sexual Harassment Allegations Against Shaun White?

Chloe Kim is my new favorite snowboarder..

Earth Punk

Because Sean White is the poster boy for them. They can't afford to bite the hand that feeds them in that regard.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Because Sean White is the poster boy for them. They can't afford to bite the hand that feeds them in that regard.
    Not so much. Target dumped him.. most of the big players are keeping him on the DL since the allegations came out.

Global Moderator

Oh hey, site's back up!

Haven't posted in a while anyways.

Not much going on in my life! Just been chillin' mostly. Been taking some IT Support classes online to try and get out of this damn job, can't believe I've been here for 6 years. Found out yesterday my wife is probably going down to the Virgin Islands for work this summer for 3 weeks. Once the dates get locked in I'm buying a plane ticket to go down for a week. Cheapest vacation ever! We are also going on a 9 day cruise in April so I'll be down in the Caribbean a bunch this year! We are driving through the night to Miami for our cruise though, that's going to suck!

How's everyone else doing?

Earth Punk

I just found out Stacy Peralta had a son who was a jazz piano virtuoso. Unfortunately he died 6 years ago from viral pneumonia aggravated by drugs and alcohol. The same thing that killed Billie Holiday and Charlie Parker. It's sad because he was only 22. Look up Austin Peralta.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I just found out Stacy Peralta had a son who was a jazz piano virtuoso. Unfortunately he died 6 years ago from viral pneumonia aggravated by drugs and alcohol. The same thing that killed Billie Holiday and Charlie Parker. It's sad because he was only 22. Look up Austin Peralta.
    Check out the podcast Cocaine And Rhinestones, they've got a full episode about Billie Holiday.

Welcome back boys!
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Banned

good to be back guys! i've missed you!

Earth Punk

Check out the podcast Cocaine And Rhinestones, they've got a full episode about Billie Holiday.
    I'll have to check that out. Right now I'm about two thirds of the way through Miles Davis' autobiography. He talked a little bit about her and especially her later years and death. Her husband was a controlling asshole and kept her on the verge of junk sickness to keep her in line.

Next on the list is George Clinton's. I saw the book in the window of a local shop and had to have it. I might be going to see him play in a couple of weeks.

C/S,
    Rev J

Scrubs Nerd

I thought we were gone for good this time.

Skate Pirate

Man, every time I look at longboard stuff online, it becomes more and more apparent how completely and utterly dead the sport is. It was a huge deal when SoCalSkateshop began "specializing" in longboards, and had entire sections dedicated to trucks, wheels, and decks...now it's just one little "longboard/cruiser" section. Stoked.LA has been decimated. What was once a flourishing cottage industry with dozens, if not hundreds, of small-time brands is now nothing more than a niche (again).

Anyway, are you guys on Instagram or anything? I'd love to stay in touch next time the ol' Cafe takes a poop on us. I'm on Insta, Twitter, email, Untappd (beer app on my phone), several guitar forums, Steam, and PSN...drop me a PM if you want to exchange information.