26 22.61%
  • Zombie from long ago

17 14.78%
Page 2990 of 2990 FirstFirst ... 19902490289029402980298829892990
Results 59,781 to 59,784 of 59784

Thread: Post your random thought.

Earth Punk

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    There's science behind that...The part of your brain that really gets into music is the first part to mature, right around that highschool age. That's why we all look so fondly upon the terrible music that we loved in high school.

I mean, pop music is scientifically engineered to be catchy...there are specific numbers of syllables that each verse requires, a specific number of beats in each hook, and a specific number of repetitions (usually 3) to really hook the chorus into the listener's brain and make that song stick. There are actual scientists working on this stuff to make pop music as addicting as possible!

...nearly as fascinating as the guy whose job it is to put the fly decal inside urinals, at the optimum place to reduce spillage...
    There is also an evolutionary component to this. They have studied how men and women respond external stimulation. Going back to infancy they have found that girls/women respond more to auditory stimulation and boys/men respond more to visual stimulation. A theory is that when we were living in a hunter/gatherer society our gender roles were defined as men hunted/gathered and women took care of the offspring. If a man couldn't kill or find food they would starve to death and not pass on their genes if a woman couldn't hear their offspring and ward off predators from their offspring then their genes wouldn't get passed on.

Fast forward to our industrial society and capitalism. In terms of entertainment teenage girls spend a disproportionate amount of money on music and teenage boys spend a disproportionate amount of money on video games.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Sail Hatan.

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    i've seen ghost a few times, they've played some of the festivals i used to work when i worked for that festival company. Not my thing but i appreciate the musicianship, good songwriters.
    I can appreciate this opinion. Better than the fans that get majorly butthurt every time their newest album sounds different than the last. Its almost like some bands try to mix it up. Their 4th album is coming up, and i've had legit arguments with people who are still mad that the sound isnt the same as the first album.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Demon View Post
    I can appreciate this opinion. Better than the fans that get majorly butthurt every time their newest album sounds different than the last. Its almost like some bands try to mix it up. Their 4th album is coming up, and i've had legit arguments with people who are still mad that the sound isnt the same as the first album.
    I way prefer the same band members changing things up album to album over a band that changes members more often than they change playing and song styles.. Same people trying different things and growing as a band is way better than different people playing the same old stuff ad nauseum..

I liked the first album and then thought they went to shit.