• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 3026 of 3033 FirstFirst ... 2026252629262976301630243025302630273028 ... LastLast
Results 60,501 to 60,520 of 60642

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 505088K View Post
    After having found the above quoted E-Mail in my Spam-Folder I wanted to check this place out once again.

Not that anyone here would remember me or care, but this forum meant a lot to me back in the day. It was my first introduction to the internet when I was about 13 years old! I remember vividly starting my "Introduce yourself" thread and the amazement I felt when reading welcoming replies from different countries all over the world. At some point I was kind of addicted to this forum, even once held the title of "most active member". God, I must have been annoying... It's not like I ever had anything meaningful to say. It makes me cringe a bit but I did connect with some great people during that time. Not to sound old, but I find it kind of sad that forums in general seem to have died out. Everything moved to social media... I am the only one online here as I type this. It does feel like sitting nostalgically in an abandoned cafe, surrounded only by shadows of various good and embarrasing memories. But I am glad to see it still exists!

Anyway, I pretty much quit skateboarding when I moved out 6 years ago to study music. In 2015 some friends wanted to start skating and I felt like joining them. Within that very same week, I decided to do a solo session at a local halfpipe. I dared myself to drop in, fell on my back leg and broke it in such a complex way that it actually fascinated the doctors. I couldn't walk for half a year. Last year I briefly skated some flatground again. I could land basic tricks after a while and it felt pretty good once I regained some confidence.

Living in some medium sized city in Germany, it felt almost like serendipity that I randomly met Willow at a streetlight on that very same day. He is one of my favorite Pro-Skaters and I literally watched one of his parts the night before to get motivated. It was great to experience the social aspect of skating once again, how natural it feels to talk to a stranger on the basis of holding a skateboard in your hand (even if they are Pro...). When I was in my teens, this forum also provided a supplement for that, because I came from a very small city with not much of a "scene" outside of my circle of friends.

My life ended up taking a different path, but skateboarding and this forum made a huge impact on me for sure: Skateboarding for opening up a new way to interpret the physical world and Skaterscafe for introducing me to the world of internet.
    Where in Germany, mate? This year I've been to Leipzig, Oberhausen, Munchen, Köln, Hannover, Hamburg, Wiesbaden, and Stuttgart. Coming back in October.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicole_l View Post
    I have checked the site a few times over the years but haven't really gotten back into skating (I do have a longboard that brings me from point A to point B but that doesn't count xD )

tbh I'm kinda fired up to get back into it now that the good weather is on its way (in Canada :P )
    Opposite here - the good weather is leaving Arizona and soon we will enter the hellscape!!!! I'll be in Canada in July, not near Halifax though. That's actually one of the only places left I have to visit in Canada. I've been everywhere from Whitehorse to Quebec City but not further east!

Turbo Raptor!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    hahaha look all these members from before 2010 popping back in, i love it and i love you snowjoe
    Yeeeeeeah man. Crazy to think how much time was spent here once upon a time.

I still love seeing you live that skate life on Facebook and insta
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Where in Germany, mate? This year I've been to Leipzig, Oberhausen, Munchen, Köln, Hannover, Hamburg, Wiesbaden, and Stuttgart. Coming back in October.

Opposite here - the good weather is leaving Arizona and soon we will enter the hellscape!!!! I'll be in Canada in July, not near Halifax though. That's actually one of the only places left I have to visit in Canada. I've been everywhere from Whitehorse to Quebec City but not further east!
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Can you share your jambalaya recipe?
    OK We'll start with the sauce:

2 Tablespoons Butter
    1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
    1 Small Bell Pepper
    2 Small Onions Diced
    2 Small Tomatoes Diced
    1/2 Cup Diced Celery
    1/2 Cup Cooked Okra
    2 to 4 Cloves Garlic Minced
    2 Cups Canned Crushed Tomatoes
    1/2 Cup plus 4 Tablespoons Water
    1/4 Cup Dry Red Wine
    1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
    1 Tablespoon Dried Oregano
    2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
    1 to 2 teaspoons Red Hot Sauce
    1/2 teaspoon Onion Powder
    1/2 teaspoon Salt
    1/4 teaspoon Black Pepper
    1/4 teaspoon White Pepper
    1/4 teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
    1/4 teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes

Sautee veggies in butter and Olive Oil, Reduce heat and add remaining ingredients and simmer 30 to 40 minutes.

Once the sauce is done cook 2 pounds of meat (my choice is a pound of chicken and a pound of sausage) and 5 cups of rice, mix with sauce and serve.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    OK ...
    Interesting recipe Rev. The recipe I use has you make a stock or roux out of the chicken, sausage, shrimp, and veggies, then basically reduce the roux into rice to make something resembling a risotto.

Retired Staff

That sounds good too. I want to learn Gumbo too.

I'm working my way through a big pot of Brazilian style Black Beans right now.

I had a realization when I was cooking my last batch of Beans and Cornbread.

I realized that a lot of people talk about not having enough space to cook and complain about how expensive it is to eat healthy. I also realized that I have a tiny kitchen area and all of the ingredients I got for the Beans and Cornbread I could get at the Dollar Store (there's one near me with produce).

So what I was thinking about doing is making a video of me going to the Dollar Store, buying the ingredients and doing a cooking show type of thing in my tiny ass kitchen.

C/S,
    Rev J

God

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Yeeeeeeah man. Crazy to think how much time was spent here once upon a time.

I still love seeing you live that skate life on Facebook and insta
    I try to play flippy boards when i still can <3

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    That was in Mainz (right next to Wiesbaden), but now I live in Köln! Cool, how did you like it here?

Retired Staff

I spent a few months in that area and played my first playing gig in Moers. I learned to play Reggae from Africans in a pub basement called 50/50. I forgot where that was now.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by 505088K View Post
    That was in Mainz (right next to Wiesbaden), but now I live in Köln! Cool, how did you like it here?
    I was just there for work so I didn't have much free time, although Sattgrün was definitely one of the coolest vegan food spots I've ever eaten at. They wouldn't let me into the Cathedral in koln because I had electronics in my backpack (aka a phone charger and my camera). hahahahah

Global Moderator

Met another old school cafe dude today! About time Robbie and I met, considering we've lived in the same city for 2 years haha.

I've now met 7 or 8 people from this site in person

Gravity Slave Moderator

Happy Big Oil needs send our friends and family to war get blown up day. Grilled some kabobs, sliced a watermelon, and hope my kids don't have to join the military to survive after high school.

Hope your weekend was OK too..

Retired Staff

It's weird man I've been eating mostly vegetarian for the past couple of weeks and am feeling great but really craving meat today. Fortunately at work we're having burgers. I also had beef empanadas earlier from the Argentinian Cafe across the street from my house.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Well, our email storm has ended.

God

the storms just brewin

Skate Pirate

So I got my skateboard out on Monday...pretty stoked. I bought my first real pair of precision trucks a couple of Septembers ago, and hadn't really found a board that they ride nicely on. I also have some Cult wheels from many years ago (2012) that I hadn't found a board for them to work on. Until, that is, the last time I was out skating and literally nothing was going right. I had these Cult Ism's on the board I posted upthread with Paris Street 149's, and just the geometry of the trucks didn't work with the wheels...I had the Zombie Lowrider trucks on some Orangatang Onsens, and due to the precise nature of the trucks/axles, they just wouldn't slide like I wanted them do. So, I did a quick wheel swap and BOY what a difference! The Cults fit nicely onto the Zombies, and because of the precise nature of the truck, the urethane just peels off of the wheels (just like the cool kids, leaving 'thane lines everywhere). The super-stiff Rolling Tree Nimbus doesn't flex at all, and gives optimum control over everything throughout the slide.

Yes, I did destroy any ability to ride the board in parks or anything, but let's be honest, I'm just a lame longboarder anyway.

Turbo Raptor!

Just wanted to remind you guys that this is still the greatest video part of all time

https://youtu.be/neHTumGeHs0
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Just wanted to remind you guys that this is still the greatest video part of all time

https://youtu.be/neHTumGeHs0
    YEAH! That's pretty darn good.

Hello, i got an email from the mods or someone reminding me i was once a member of the skaters cafe

i didnt forget

ill never forget

love u guys

God

Louie is king