• No

60 81.08%
  • Still no

9 12.16%
  • Meh

4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

1 1.35%
Page 3081 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 2081258129813031307130793080308130823083 ... LastLast
Results 61,601 to 61,620 of 61661

Thread: Post your random thought.

Caveman

What about dem bearings?
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    What about dem bearings?
    How nice and sealed they are, with their rubber seals and their Delrin crowns. Mmmmmbuddy.

Caveman

Aren't you a fan of Spitfire or Independent bearings? I can hardly remember.... I think Indy. It was an old school skateboard brand.... I remember you saying that they were inexpensive and had very good "labyrinth" shields.

Just yesterday I cracked open my last box of VXB bearings... my neighbor needed a set.

When I started riding, I was buying Bones Swiss bearings, but with kids and a bunch of boards I moved down the chain... first switching to Mile High Mark's "Blue Balls"... named for the blue dust shields. When he tossed in the towel, I started buying VXBs in bulk. More riding, less cleaning. Didn't really notice a downside of going el cheapo.... but then again, I'm was never that good a rider (e.g. no skate parks, pools, slalom, or fast downhill).

Towards the end... just a kick around cruiser... last thing I was into was setting up a couple of LDP boards (Subsonic Pulse and a GBomb). Come to think of it, I'm down to a 3 board quiver... those 2 boards and an old Rayne Nemesis (drop deck)...

Man, I use to live and breath this stuff. Now I can barely remember my quiver. Lol....
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 09-28-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Skate Pirate

Aren't you a fan of Spitfire or Independent bearings? I can hardly remember.... I think Indy. It was an old school skateboard brand.... I remember you saying that they were inexpensive and had very good "labyrinth" shields.

Just yesterday I cracked open my last box of VXB bearings... my neighbor needed a set.

When I started riding, I was buying Bones Swiss bearings, but with kids and a bunch of boards I moved down the chain... first switching to Mile High Mark's "Blue Balls"... named for the blue dust shields. When he tossed in the towel, I started buying VXBs in bulk. More riding, less cleaning. Didn't really notice a downside of going el cheapo.... but then again, I'm was never that good a rider (e.g. no skate parks, pools, slalom, or fast downhill).

Towards the end... just a kick around cruiser... last thing I was into was setting up a couple of LDP boards (Subsonic Pulse and a GBomb). Come to think of it, I'm down to a 3 board quiver... those 2 boards and an old Rayne Nemesis (drop deck)...

Man, I use to live and breath this stuff. Now I can barely remember my quiver. Lol....
    Indy 7s were my jam until I discovered Tektons (if for nothing but the built-in spacers). I still prefer Tektons to Zealous, but Zealous are substantially more budget-friendly. Toy Machine T-Sects were a tremendously under-the-radar brand as well.

Caveman

What's special about Techtons? Quality and finish of materials? The shields?

What do you use for lube?
    I use to use Bones Speed Cream during the summer if the bearings were in good shape... Tri Flow when I couldn't find Speed Cream. A little Phil Wood grease for everything else.
    Never tried the Zealous nanoceramic grease.... a little grease goes a long way.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 09-29-2021 at 05:53 PM.

Skate Pirate

What's special about Techtons? Quality and finish of materials? The shields?

What do you use for lube?
    I use to use Bones Speed Cream during the summer if the bearings were in good shape... Tri Flow when I couldn't find Speed Cream. A little Phil Wood grease for everything else.
    Never tried the Zealous nanoceramic grease.... a little grease goes a long way.
    Tektons use a two-stage lube out of the box, so they break in super quick. Gesmer himself recommended Speed Cream as a replacement lube, but I've had great luck with Archoil grease (similar to what Zealous uses). Phil Wood is great and makes the bearings waterproof, but they make the bearings a little slow and sluggish.

I don't know what it is about Tektons...They've always felt like they held speed better than others. There was a little S-curve course that I set up to skate on - 'bout 30 feet straight down the entrance hill of a park, sharp left switchback up around the booth at the entrance, quick right turn to about a 60 foot straightaway, then ending in a 75 degree uphill left...not big at all, barely more than a few hundred yards in total, and speeds never getting above running speeds. But, being on a 4' wide walking path made everything tight and tricky. My Tekton-equipped boards always held more speed through the first switchback than other bearings (even on the same board with the same wheels.

Indy bearings, to me, had the best balance of durability with "feeling" fast.

Caveman

OK. Thanks for that detailed answer.

When I used Phil Wood grease, I wasn't packing the bearings... just 2 or 3 of "drops" worth and give 'em a spin. Any kind of grease cuts down the noise of semi-worn old bearings. Good stuff.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 09-30-2021 at 12:30 AM.

Skate Pirate

OK. Thanks for that detailed answer.

When I used Phil Wood grease, I wasn't packing the bearings... just 2 or 3 of "drops" worth and give 'em a spin. Any kind of grease cuts down the noise of semi-worn old bearings. Good stuff.
    Yeah, when I use grease, I usually grab a pin or a toothpick and sorta work the grease into the cage. Then, I spin 'em a little, and work in any thick spots that may have come out.

Caveman

Lol... Hey rockst*r, Didn't this use to be a skate forum? It's quiet as a rest home after somebody spiked the bingo punch bowl.

Skate Pirate

Lol... Hey rockst*r, Didn't this use to be a skate forum? It's quiet as a rest home after somebody spiked the bingo punch bowl.
    Well...we used to discuss how to fake out skatepark employees by putting socks on our elbows instead of wearing pads, and we used to discuss how Michigan is actually the Mid East (because the Midwest encompassed the Dakotas, Colorado, and Montana)

God

sk8 or die...or something

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Retired Staff

Complex concepts and philosophies don't readily translate to "sound bites".
    Since most of our media outlets and definitely our politicians are running on sound bites... well.... the results are predictable.

Hey Rev J, you named off a few of my very favorite freshmen politicians.... Lauren Boebert, Marjory Taylor Green, Madison Cawthorn, and of course "the coach" Mr Tuberville. Opportunistic morons one and all... but I'm not sure about Tommy. I'd poke fun at him but from the media exposure I've seen, I think that he's a "special needs" kinda guy... which kinda makes joking about the coach off limits.

Anyhow, I'm thinking that we should form a fan club. Should I processed the paperwork? You can be "El Presidente" if you want.
    "I'd never join a club that would have me as a member," Groucho Marx. Groucho is as good as Karl in my eyes.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

I've been getting the urge to break out my board lately especially since they just resealed the parking lot at the abandoned Enterprise Rent a Car 2 doors down from me. I've just been working myself to the point of exhaustion lately.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

God

I went to the skatepark sunday morning and it was one of the best times ive had in a long time, never take for the granted that little piece of wood

Gravity Slave Moderator

Kinda getting lost in the parenting thing with one kid at college and seemingly doing well now and the high school kid doing WAY better than last year's remote shitshow... But still horribly failing the class she needs to graduate this spring. Hasn't turned in any homework in over a month.. claims to not understand where the assignments are posted. Jesus fucking christ...

Definitely need to play some music and roll a board around some.

Gravity Slave Moderator

@Dale I see your fellow citizens have discovered Fox News! I guess Rupert Murdoch finally got them access?

God

hahaha i havent the slightest idea about what your talking about, plz dumb it down for me, explain ooga booga

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    hahaha i havent the slightest idea about what your talking about, plz dumb it down for me, explain ooga booga
    Melbourne protests: Third day of violent anti-vaccine demonstrations

There might be an alternative..

Lambs.jpg

黒 キリスト

Switched to RTA from sub-ohm tanks for vaping. Cheaper but learning curve is high plus all the coils seem to be the same
    Sleep Well
    Daisuke
    July 30, 1978 - July 15, 2010

JesusHadHerpes
    March 12, 1989 - September 12, 2008

God

Ibanes my dude, hows life, give us the old update