Post your random thought. - Page 3081

View Poll Results: Do you miss 2020?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

    60 81.08%
  • Still no

    9 12.16%
  • Meh

    4 5.41%
  • Yes, I had a great year

    1 1.35%
Page 3081 of 3084 FirstFirst ... 2081258129813031307130793080308130823083 ... LastLast
Results 61,601 to 61,620 of 61661

Thread: Post your random thought.

  1. #61601
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    277

    Default

    What about dem bearings?
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  2. #61602
    Skate Pirate
    rockst*r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wearing socks on my elbows
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    What about dem bearings?
    How nice and sealed they are, with their rubber seals and their Delrin crowns. Mmmmmbuddy.

  3. #61603
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Aren't you a fan of Spitfire or Independent bearings? I can hardly remember.... I think Indy. It was an old school skateboard brand.... I remember you saying that they were inexpensive and had very good "labyrinth" shields.

    Just yesterday I cracked open my last box of VXB bearings... my neighbor needed a set.

    When I started riding, I was buying Bones Swiss bearings, but with kids and a bunch of boards I moved down the chain... first switching to Mile High Mark's "Blue Balls"... named for the blue dust shields. When he tossed in the towel, I started buying VXBs in bulk. More riding, less cleaning. Didn't really notice a downside of going el cheapo.... but then again, I'm was never that good a rider (e.g. no skate parks, pools, slalom, or fast downhill).

    Towards the end... just a kick around cruiser... last thing I was into was setting up a couple of LDP boards (Subsonic Pulse and a GBomb). Come to think of it, I'm down to a 3 board quiver... those 2 boards and an old Rayne Nemesis (drop deck)...

    Man, I use to live and breath this stuff. Now I can barely remember my quiver. Lol....
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 09-28-2021 at 05:51 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  4. #61604
    Skate Pirate
    rockst*r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wearing socks on my elbows
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Aren't you a fan of Spitfire or Independent bearings? I can hardly remember.... I think Indy. It was an old school skateboard brand.... I remember you saying that they were inexpensive and had very good "labyrinth" shields.

    Just yesterday I cracked open my last box of VXB bearings... my neighbor needed a set.

    When I started riding, I was buying Bones Swiss bearings, but with kids and a bunch of boards I moved down the chain... first switching to Mile High Mark's "Blue Balls"... named for the blue dust shields. When he tossed in the towel, I started buying VXBs in bulk. More riding, less cleaning. Didn't really notice a downside of going el cheapo.... but then again, I'm was never that good a rider (e.g. no skate parks, pools, slalom, or fast downhill).

    Towards the end... just a kick around cruiser... last thing I was into was setting up a couple of LDP boards (Subsonic Pulse and a GBomb). Come to think of it, I'm down to a 3 board quiver... those 2 boards and an old Rayne Nemesis (drop deck)...

    Man, I use to live and breath this stuff. Now I can barely remember my quiver. Lol....
    Indy 7s were my jam until I discovered Tektons (if for nothing but the built-in spacers). I still prefer Tektons to Zealous, but Zealous are substantially more budget-friendly. Toy Machine T-Sects were a tremendously under-the-radar brand as well.

  5. #61605
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    277

    Default

    What's special about Techtons? Quality and finish of materials? The shields?

    What do you use for lube?
    I use to use Bones Speed Cream during the summer if the bearings were in good shape... Tri Flow when I couldn't find Speed Cream. A little Phil Wood grease for everything else.
    Never tried the Zealous nanoceramic grease.... a little grease goes a long way.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 09-29-2021 at 05:53 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  6. #61606
    Skate Pirate
    rockst*r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wearing socks on my elbows
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    What's special about Techtons? Quality and finish of materials? The shields?

    What do you use for lube?
    I use to use Bones Speed Cream during the summer if the bearings were in good shape... Tri Flow when I couldn't find Speed Cream. A little Phil Wood grease for everything else.
    Never tried the Zealous nanoceramic grease.... a little grease goes a long way.
    Tektons use a two-stage lube out of the box, so they break in super quick. Gesmer himself recommended Speed Cream as a replacement lube, but I've had great luck with Archoil grease (similar to what Zealous uses). Phil Wood is great and makes the bearings waterproof, but they make the bearings a little slow and sluggish.

    I don't know what it is about Tektons...They've always felt like they held speed better than others. There was a little S-curve course that I set up to skate on - 'bout 30 feet straight down the entrance hill of a park, sharp left switchback up around the booth at the entrance, quick right turn to about a 60 foot straightaway, then ending in a 75 degree uphill left...not big at all, barely more than a few hundred yards in total, and speeds never getting above running speeds. But, being on a 4' wide walking path made everything tight and tricky. My Tekton-equipped boards always held more speed through the first switchback than other bearings (even on the same board with the same wheels.

    Indy bearings, to me, had the best balance of durability with "feeling" fast.

  7. #61607
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    277

    Default

    OK. Thanks for that detailed answer.

    When I used Phil Wood grease, I wasn't packing the bearings... just 2 or 3 of "drops" worth and give 'em a spin. Any kind of grease cuts down the noise of semi-worn old bearings. Good stuff.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 09-30-2021 at 12:30 AM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  8. #61608
    Skate Pirate
    rockst*r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wearing socks on my elbows
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    OK. Thanks for that detailed answer.

    When I used Phil Wood grease, I wasn't packing the bearings... just 2 or 3 of "drops" worth and give 'em a spin. Any kind of grease cuts down the noise of semi-worn old bearings. Good stuff.
    Yeah, when I use grease, I usually grab a pin or a toothpick and sorta work the grease into the cage. Then, I spin 'em a little, and work in any thick spots that may have come out.

  9. #61609
    Caveman
    Neanderthal1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Left Coast, USA
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Lol... Hey rockst*r, Didn't this use to be a skate forum? It's quiet as a rest home after somebody spiked the bingo punch bowl.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

  10. #61610
    Skate Pirate
    rockst*r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Wearing socks on my elbows
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Lol... Hey rockst*r, Didn't this use to be a skate forum? It's quiet as a rest home after somebody spiked the bingo punch bowl.
    Well...we used to discuss how to fake out skatepark employees by putting socks on our elbows instead of wearing pads, and we used to discuss how Michigan is actually the Mid East (because the Midwest encompassed the Dakotas, Colorado, and Montana)

  11. #61611
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    sk8 or die...or something


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  12. #61612
    Retired Staff

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Complex concepts and philosophies don't readily translate to "sound bites".
    Since most of our media outlets and definitely our politicians are running on sound bites... well.... the results are predictable.

    Hey Rev J, you named off a few of my very favorite freshmen politicians.... Lauren Boebert, Marjory Taylor Green, Madison Cawthorn, and of course "the coach" Mr Tuberville. Opportunistic morons one and all... but I'm not sure about Tommy. I'd poke fun at him but from the media exposure I've seen, I think that he's a "special needs" kinda guy... which kinda makes joking about the coach off limits.

    Anyhow, I'm thinking that we should form a fan club. Should I processed the paperwork? You can be "El Presidente" if you want.
    "I'd never join a club that would have me as a member," Groucho Marx. Groucho is as good as Karl in my eyes.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

    I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

    C/S,
    Rev J

  13. #61613
    Retired Staff

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Age
    46
    Posts
    2,741

    Default

    I've been getting the urge to break out my board lately especially since they just resealed the parking lot at the abandoned Enterprise Rent a Car 2 doors down from me. I've just been working myself to the point of exhaustion lately.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

    I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

    C/S,
    Rev J

  14. #61614
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    I went to the skatepark sunday morning and it was one of the best times ive had in a long time, never take for the granted that little piece of wood


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  15. #61615
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,925

    Default

    Kinda getting lost in the parenting thing with one kid at college and seemingly doing well now and the high school kid doing WAY better than last year's remote shitshow... But still horribly failing the class she needs to graduate this spring. Hasn't turned in any homework in over a month.. claims to not understand where the assignments are posted. Jesus fucking christ...

    Definitely need to play some music and roll a board around some.

  16. #61616
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,925

    Default

    @Dale I see your fellow citizens have discovered Fox News! I guess Rupert Murdoch finally got them access?

  17. #61617
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    hahaha i havent the slightest idea about what your talking about, plz dumb it down for me, explain ooga booga


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

  18. #61618
    Gravity Slave Moderator
    NoSwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    The Bull City
    Posts
    10,925

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    hahaha i havent the slightest idea about what your talking about, plz dumb it down for me, explain ooga booga
    Melbourne protests: Third day of violent anti-vaccine demonstrations

    There might be an alternative..

    Lambs.jpg

  19. #61619
    黒 キリスト
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kawasaki, Japan
    Age
    34
    Posts
    4,509

    Default

    Switched to RTA from sub-ohm tanks for vaping. Cheaper but learning curve is high plus all the coils seem to be the same
    Sleep Well
    Daisuke
    July 30, 1978 - July 15, 2010

    JesusHadHerpes
    March 12, 1989 - September 12, 2008

  20. #61620
    God
    Dr_Feelgood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,814

    Default

    Ibanes my dude, hows life, give us the old update


    We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •