• Still no

9 7.44%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.31%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.97%
  • Zombie from long ago

20 16.53%
Page 3019 of 3026 FirstFirst ... 2019251929192969300930173018301930203021 ... LastLast
Results 60,361 to 60,380 of 60511

Thread: Post your random thought.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Gawwd it's dead here. Working on the Bones Brigade quiver this month. Far right Lance Mountain mini is an OG repainted. Rest are reissues.

Skate Pirate

I gotta up my longboard game. I'm stuck in 2009.

Earth Punk

One of my clients is still in the ICU. A couple of weeks ago my bank account got frozen due to back taxes. And Friday my girlfriend of 8 years decided to break up with me via text message again. She is making a stink about wanting to get me my stuff back (a few t-shirts and a bass) ASAP so she can get a clean break but doesn't understand that I'm working in an ICU 7 fucking days a week for someone who can't talk, is on a traech, and getting food and water through tubes.
    Last edited by Rev J; 02-18-2019 at 05:18 PM. Reason: typo
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    One of my clients is still in the ICU. A couple of weeks ago my bank account got frozen due to back taxes. And Friday my girlfriend of 8 years decided to break up with me via text message again. She is making a stink about wanting to get me my stuff back (a few t-shirts and a bass) ASAP so she can get a clean break but doesn't understand that I'm working in an ICU 7 fucking days a week for someone who can't talk, is on a traech, and getting food and water through tubes.
    I guess it depends on if it's a good bass or not. If it's a good bass you'll suck it up and go get it. If it's a beater and doesn't sound that good tell her to dump it at Goodwill. It's pretty clear that she didn't get what she wanted from you for Valentine's Day and probably never will. Guessing she wanted an engagement ring.. wild guess but you're not getting any younger and tick tock tick tock her clock won't STFU.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Hit me up if you need an unattached third party to vent to!

Earth Punk

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I guess it depends on if it's a good bass or not. If it's a good bass you'll suck it up and go get it. If it's a beater and doesn't sound that good tell her to dump it at Goodwill. It's pretty clear that she didn't get what she wanted from you for Valentine's Day and probably never will. Guessing she wanted an engagement ring.. wild guess but you're not getting any younger and tick tock tick tock her clock won't STFU.
    Actually we were in a slump and her way of dealing was to bail. It isn't a terrific bass but we have history (me and the bass that is). It's the bass that I brought with me to Europe and played my first paying gig on.

She said that she wants to say her last goodbye to me and get a clean break. I have a few last words for her too as the fact that she chose to dump me via text like a 15 year old in study hall rather than face to face like an adult. She sent me a bunch of weird texts while I'm trying to deal with my client. I asked her to stop texting me and actually call as having to spell everything out on a letter board makes you kinda not want to deal with spelling shit out. Then she offered to bring my stuff to me at the hospital which was a no go for me as I'm in a fucking ICU. Between her method of breaking it off, her timing and her general attitude at this time I feel like she's about the shittiest person on earth. I needed her emotional support and she fucking bailed in a really shitty way.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

good vibes

I just farted, so good morning.

Global Moderator

Skateshop I grew up with officially closed their doors for the last time yesterday. Still can't believe it. God, the memories. the things that shop did for our city. RIP.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Thanks to Pathtek4 for renewing the site another year. Even avoided our annual temporary shut down hahahaha!

Earth Punk

The annual shut down is always a bitch. It's even worse when it's on SBC because then they all come over here.

C/S,
    Rev J

still mad

黒 キリスト

Random pop in I guess
    Sleep Well
    Daisuke
    July 30, 1978 - July 15, 2010

JesusHadHerpes
    March 12, 1989 - September 12, 2008

Skate Pirate

So what's new in the world of skateboarding?

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    So what's new in the world of skateboarding?
    Online stores and skate companies themselves are undermining skateshops and a ton are closing down. I have talked to more than one shop owner (including one in a big city in a different country) who all say they've gone full days without one sale before, and over the past year or two more times than not they're spending more than they're making. The general attitude in the community has swung pretty far over to the jock mentality, as was expected with the corporate takeovers. But, Chris Haslam put out a new part and it's ridiculous, so there's one positive.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I walked in to a Zumiz Saturday night. Place was PACKED! Loud, profanity laced rap music blasting too high to have a conversation with a sales associate. NOBODY, not a single person, was looking at skate gear. It's all crammed to the back of the store with all hardware, everything but decks and completes packed in two small display cases all covered up. But, ya, they were selling tons of Thrasher shirts, hoodies, and Vans..

Skate Pirate

Holy shit, Transworld is done!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Holy shit, Transworld is done!
    That name became somewhat unfortunate in that it means something totally different now hahaha. But, ya I was a little bummed when I heard Skateboarder went down (again) in the early 80s. It had actually started mid 60s and went down only to come back mid 70s... up... then down.... up.... then down. I knew that all magazine formats were dead when Playboy finally failed.

Global Moderator

Attention everyone in california: Stop moving to arizona and ruining everything for us.

Rent is on average 300-500 dollars more per month than this time one year ago. I have to move out in the next 3 weeks and quite literally everything is out of my price range now. Apartments that were $850-$900 literally less than a year ago when i looked last are now showing up at $1,250-$1,400

Gravity Slave Moderator

People displaced by the wild fires are not going back and moving a little farther east instead?

Earth Punk

Fortunately I live in a rent controlled apartment and my rent just went up $16 a month so now I'm paying $600 including utilities.

C/S,
    Rev J