• Still no

9 8.41%
  • Really, not new here

3 2.80%
  • Yes, I am new here!

21 19.63%
  • Zombie from long ago

16 14.95%
Page 2964 of 2966 FirstFirst ... 1964246428642914295429622963296429652966 LastLast
Results 59,261 to 59,280 of 59309

Thread: Post your random thought.

God

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    No, Dylan Thie, kid who used to come on here from south dakota. Hence us talking about dylan from south dakota. jesus I HATE YOU DALE

Anyway I just talked to him and he actually had to move out of AZ and he IS back in south dakota now
    i will kick your ASS

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    i will kick your ASS
    Why don't you go outside and practice falling down, I'll be out in a few minutes

God

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Why don't you go outside and practice falling down, I'll be out in a few minutes

Earth Punk

The fires out here are really fucking with me. Even though they're a little North of me the winds are blowing the smoke right in my direction. Between the smoke in my eyes and coating my sinuses giving me a headache I am fucking miserable.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Ya, those fires are terrifying. I have a cousin who's a firefighter out there in Sonoma County. He's gotten about 5 hours sleep in the past 3 days. With a flood you can swim or find something to float on. With fire hitting you from every direction you're pretty much doomed. Best hope is so suffocate before getting burned to death..

Earth Punk

Yeah the smoke I am used to generally comes from protests in Oakland or at UC Berkeley. I haven't smelled forest smoke since I left Maine. Fortunately I'm not in the middle of it but it is fairly close.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Yeah, the northern winds pushed all that smoke into the south bay. Everybody around me was complaining. I'm an ex-smoker so I guess I'm conditioned. I was thinking....
    -They'd never survive a trip to LA in the old Ford Country Sedan station wagon with my dad. He'd crack a wing window and light up.
    -These folks are probably too young to remember when you could smoke on an airplane.... literally smoking in a sealed tin can... with jet fuel.
    -The smoke reminded me of camping. You know... pitch a tent near the camp fire then have the wind change direction.
    -They'd never survive my old dorm room.... but that's another story altogether.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 10-12-2017 at 07:46 PM.
    AOMoA

It's always about the rep

Ulu's Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Yeah, the northern winds pushed all that smoke into the south bay. Everybody around me was complaining. I'm an ex-smoker so I guess I'm conditioned. I was thinking....
    -They'd never survive a trip to LA in the old Ford Country Sedan station wagon with my dad. He'd crack a wing window and light up.
    -These folks are probably too young to remember when you could smoke on an airplane.... literally smoking in a sealed tin can... with jet fuel.
    -The smoke reminded me of camping. You know... pitch a tent near the camp fire than have the wind change direction.
    -They'd never survive my old dorm room.... but that's another story altogether.
    And, practically EVERYONE smoked so it wasn't just sitting next to one person. Pretty much every public building was filled with smoke. I remember as a toddler walking and crawling under the clouds in our living room. Everything in the house turned yellow too.

Earth Punk

^^You know though I can't help but wonder how the new non smoking environments are going to effect how guitars age. I half jokingly refer to that color that white guitars turn as "Nicotine Yellow". I also can't help if that there is any type of chemical reaction between smoke and guitar finish and how playing a few hundred gigs in smoke filled rooms effected old guitars.

C/S,
    Rev J

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    And, practically EVERYONE smoked so it wasn't just sitting next to one person. Pretty much every public building was filled with smoke. I remember as a toddler walking and crawling under the clouds in our living room. Everything in the house turned yellow too.
    AOMoA

Skate Pirate

I worked a little over a year and a half as a valet. One of our lovely customers seemed to have hotboxed their car with cigarettes. I was "fortunate" enough to get their car, and within the 5 minutes between the parking lot and our valet garage, I actually worked up a nicotine buzz. By the time I got home that night, I had to hang my work uniform outside to get rid of the gnarly smoke smell.

Somewhere along the line, I stopped enjoying pipes and cigars as well...not that that's necessarily a bad thing.

Earth Punk

Noswitch did you hear about this?:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...tail=emaildkre

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

one year since dylan rieder's death. RIP to a legend!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Yes, nothing to worry about because it was a white guy. Can't possibly be "terrorism" as defined by the current administration..

Earth Punk

I know and that's what frosts my ass. It seems like it's only a terrorist act if a black or brown person does it. Like the Las Vegas shooting. 500 dead or injured yet it isn't an act of terror.

C/S,
    Rev J

God

Does it snow where everyone lives in winter on this site? Its meant to be a harsh winter here in Vancouver and im not looking forward to it, i remember last year i almost decided to head back to aussie land cause it sucked so much. its only october and im already over the rain and cold, the thought of 4 months of this but worse depresses me.
    I cant handle it

Global Moderator

Does it snow where everyone lives in winter on this site? Its meant to be a harsh winter here in Vancouver and im not looking forward to it, i remember last year i almost decided to head back to aussie land cause it sucked so much. its only october and im already over the rain and cold, the thought of 4 months of this but worse depresses me.
    I cant handle it
    Your city's record low of all time is warmer than most of the united states, you guys get a pretty mild winter in comparison to a lot of other spots other than the obvious ones like florida or southern california haha. But yeah I think all of us on here were originally from cold areas, I know Rev is from Maine, I'm split between NC mountains and philly and both had cold/wet climates, dumb andy is from Toronto obviously, I know NoSwitch didn't always live in Raleigh, if goatdick is in south dakota now then he's in for a ride as far as winter goes too.

I know how you feel though, if you look at total rainfall numbers, where I lived in NC actually got more rain than vancouver does. The cold isn't what gets me, I actually really like cold weather/dislike summer weather and i'm already getting a little antsy in phoenix because it's still like 35C every day. it's just HOW MUCH it would fucking rain back there. I was literally going insane one fall, it rained non stop for 14 days in a row. I like cold/gloomy weather but I need it to stop fucking raining sometimes hahaha. I haven't seen rain in over a month now so I would be chill if it started raining right now, just not for 14 fuckin days. I was getting like really depressed haha

But about 200km north of me is a city called Flagstaff that is pretty bitter cold in the winter, record low of -34C. It's already below freezing every night up there in the current forecast. Snows a lot there too. I plan on making a lot of trips up there because I actually do prefer cold weather and it's never gonna get cold down here in PHX haha

Does it snow where everyone lives in winter (all 8-9 of us) on this site?
    I currently live in the south San Francisco bayarrhea. No snow. Weather for the most part is moderate though this summer we broke some records. Anyhow great weather compared to other parts of the U.S. The problem is that it's over-crowded, the roads are congested (but not to LA levels), and the cost of living is over the top.... especially housing.
    AOMoA

Skate Pirate

Snow? Hell yeah! It'll start in a few weeks, maybe a month, then stick around until mid March or so.

Skate Pirate

Snow? Hell yeah! It'll start in a few weeks, maybe a month, then stick around until mid March or so.