• Still no

9 7.76%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.45%
  • Yes, I am new here!

27 23.28%
  • Zombie from long ago

17 14.66%
Page 3007 of 3011 FirstFirst ... 2007250729072957299730053006300730083009 ... LastLast
Results 60,121 to 60,140 of 60220

Thread: Post your random thought.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Following stern advice and condemnation I took the new little 9 to the range today to test it out and get the feel for it since I've never shot a 9, only longer handguns. It was definitely more challenging than I expected.. Left to right was pretty good, but my first shots and overall feel was hitting lower than I thought I had sighted. Probably dipping a little in anticipation of the kick, but aiming 6 inches higher at 25 feet yielded adequate results.

I honestly didn't enjoy shooting the handgun nearly as much as I enjoy rifles and shotguns, even prefer air guns, both handguns and rifles to BANG. Thought I'd like it more because I LOVE fireworks, M-80s, and mortars. Got a nice stash of those we play with every holiday. I doubt I'll ever spend the time or money to go back to the range unless I end up buying another handgun, not likely. Just meh.. I guess I'm not a gun guy.

Not going to be rescuing any hostages but can definitely hit a bad guy at that range.

Skate Pirate

SKATE FAST EAT ASS

Earth Punk

To keep myself amused lately I keep hearing Malcolm McDowell in my head saying Qanon catchphrases:

WHERE WE GO ONE WE GO ALL!!!

Enjoy the show!

Trust the plan.

Imagine any of these coming out of Alex from "A Clockwork Orange" or Caligula and for me it's hilarious.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Had a real skate session for the first time in a long time yesterday morning and woof, i'm out of shape now

God

SKATE OR CRY.

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Skate Pirate

Gravity Slave Moderator

I know, be careful what you ask for.. But, I feel kinda cheated that last week the prognosticators were fairly certain my town would be hit with the remnants of a category 4 hurricane slamming the coast 150 miles away. Spent the whole week loading up supplies, and major emergency prepping only to have the thing downgrade to cat 2 before stalling out at the coast now heading south instead of our direction. Really, got a generator out back ready to fire up and we didn't even lose satellite reception today.

I know it's no joke for the folks getting hammered with still quite serious rain and wind and tornadoes. Also, I wasn't amused two years ago when Matthew blew a lot of rain under our shingles and collapsed the ceiling tiles in our kitchen. I still like to hear and feel sketchy weather as long as it's only ALMOST major damage. I should be thankful so far.. and more rain and wind is supposed to pick up tomorrow afternoon and through Sunday morning. Oh well, hope those farther south are doing best they can. 5 deaths so far..

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I know, be careful what you ask for.. But, I feel kinda cheated that last week the prognosticators were fairly certain my town would be hit with the remnants of a category 4 hurricane slamming the coast 150 miles away. Spent the whole week loading up supplies, and major emergency prepping only to have the thing downgrade to cat 2 before stalling out at the coast now heading south instead of our direction. Really, got a generator out back ready to fire up and we didn't even lose satellite reception today.

I know it's no joke for the folks getting hammered with still quite serious rain and wind and tornadoes. Also, I wasn't amused two years ago when Matthew blew a lot of rain under our shingles and collapsed the ceiling tiles in our kitchen. I still like to hear and feel sketchy weather as long as it's only ALMOST major damage. I should be thankful so far.. and more rain and wind is supposed to pick up tomorrow afternoon and through Sunday morning. Oh well, hope those farther south are doing best they can. 5 deaths so far..
    One of the local news stations was talking about that...how do you balance the fact that you have to express the immense danger of hurricane winds and flooding, with the fact that forecasting the weather is dubious at the best of times?

Skate Pirate

Any of you crazy cats into surfing? There's a 70's G&S surfboard on Craigslist for a pretty decent deal...

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Any of you crazy cats into surfing? There's a 70's G&S surfboard on Craigslist for a pretty decent deal...
    I used to surf. Still got a 7 footer stashed away, but haven't given it a go in over 10 years. Had one of those G&S fish shapes that I gave away to a friend when I moved away from Long Island to Central Texas. It was a sweet ride, but the bigger fun shape I have is better for me now that I'm way out of shape. I think I'll put that on my to do list for next summer now that the kids are teenagers. We'll bring the big board next time we head to the coast.

God

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    SKATE FAST EAT ASS
    This was spray painted on the skatepark i was at today hahaha

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    This was spray painted on the skatepark i was at today hahaha
    Of course it was! It's the skate philosophy of the 2010's!

God

Cole wilson is one of my newly favourite skaters, absolute killer.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Cole wilson is one of my newly favourite skaters, absolute killer.
    Such an obvious thing to try.. How come nobody else tried that in all this time??

God

Because Cole is a crazy motherfucker innovator, why go down the rail when you can go up it.

Love the big mouth gif by the way, great show.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Such an obvious thing to try.. How come nobody else tried that in all this time??

Wait, nobody else has done that before? That's one of my favorite moves in videogames like THPS and Skate...and I know I've seen it done on a few pieces at local parks and stuff.

God

^ A rock to fakie up a rail? No way!

Skate Pirate

^ A rock to fakie up a rail? No way!
    I know one of the MSU Crew did one on a polejam at a ditch event I threw back in 2013 (the guy borrowed my street board, since all he had was a 36" oldschool park/longboard), and I'm 90% sure I've seen it done on a couple hubbas at local parks.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I can tell it must be a lot harder than it looks by the way Cole is flailing his arms around rolling down the windows so to speak like he's barely hanging on to the trick. I suspect the stall and reverse direction is the hard part there. Way easier to hold a grind with momentum and speed..

Earth Punk

This is fucking brilliant!
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J