• Still no

9 7.26%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.23%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.39%
  • Zombie from long ago

23 18.55%
Page 3016 of 3031 FirstFirst ... 20162516291629663006301430153016301730183026 ... LastLast
Results 60,301 to 60,320 of 60606

Thread: Post your random thought.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Thanks fellas. Sounds like you guys are off to a great start in 2019. Was hoping that at Dr Feelgood, Rockst*r, and Shorty's Kid would chime in too with 2019 updates....

Dr_Feelgood should have some interesting stories as he just moved >7K miles.... and that's a huge change (or so it seems to me, eh?).
    I'm still here! Preparing for the doldrums. We surprisingly haven't had a ton of snow this year, though they're saying overall conditions are similar to the Winter Of '78. Now, during this fabled Winter Of 78, they still hit the average snowfall, despite having trace amounts through January. Problem is, they got an entire year's worth of snowfall in about a week. Just like *flump* WINTER'S HERE MOTHERFUCKER! My dad tells stories of having to cross-country ski into his college classes, my mom tells stories of the neighbor driving his snowmobile into town to buy groceries for the entire neighborhood.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    I'm still here! Preparing for the doldrums. We surprisingly haven't had a ton of snow this year, though they're saying overall conditions are similar to the Winter Of '78. Now, during this fabled Winter Of 78, they still hit the average snowfall, despite having trace amounts through January. Problem is, they got an entire year's worth of snowfall in about a week. Just like *flump* WINTER'S HERE MOTHERFUCKER! My dad tells stories of having to cross-country ski into his college classes, my mom tells stories of the neighbor driving his snowmobile into town to buy groceries for the entire neighborhood.
    I remember that storm. I was in 9th grade. Minnesota didn't get hit as hard as Chicago did though.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    I remember that storm. I was in 9th grade. Minnesota didn't get hit as hard as Chicago did though.
    Good thing I got my snowblower tuned up with a platinum plug, full-synthetic motor oil, and premium gas!

Retired Staff

Good thing I got my snowblower tuned up with a platinum plug, full-synthetic motor oil, and premium gas!
    GIT R DONE!
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    GIT R DONE!
    I also waxed all exposed surfaces with pure carnauba wax, and added NASCAR stickers!

Gravity Slave Moderator

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    That was built near my college town. It was something of a tourist attraction.

Retired Staff

I also waxed all exposed surfaces with pure carnauba wax, and added NASCAR stickers!
    Non
    Athletic
    Sport
    Centered
    Around
    Rednecks
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Non
    Athletic
    Sport
    Centered
    Around
    Rednecks
    Are you my uncle? He makes that joke frequently, then runs off laughing like a loon.

Gravity Slave Moderator

So new job is a hoot. One of the main things missing from my resume, something I got a shit ton of calls about was SQL experience. Well, turns out this new role will be using basic SQL to work in the data environments back end I have been using on the front end for many years.. So, it is the perfect situation to learn the SQL because I already know the data well enough to know if I'm doing it right while learning the coding tricks.

Another funny thing. On site work versus work from home is pretty flexible. Today myself and the other new guy were packing up at 4:30 to slide out when most others do and we got lured in to a conference room where the other die hard folks who prefer the office to working from home had gathered. We had assumed they were meeting about stuff that didn't concern us. Boy was I wrong and man, I should have left 15 minutes earlier. They were meeting to start a new OPTIONAL "Toastmasters" type public speaking and speeches training club. That's something I've ALWAYS HATED. I can and do a fair amount of talking in front of people. I worked in sales in my 20s. I coached my kids' soccer teams for a good ten years. I'm an adult leader in the scout troop. Plenty of other public speaking stuff I've done.. but hated every minute of it hahaha. Anyway, we talked the folks spearheading the geek club to meet during regular business hours so at least I'll be getting paid to be there every other week for an hour refining our public speaking skills. It's "optional" but being new there and with the highest level people there it was pretty impossible to make up excuses to opt out once we decided it could occur during regular work hours instead of outside of them. Even if it was an early morning or evening thing they pretty much had us cornered, difficult to say no to.. Easier to say yes then pretend to forget about it LOL..

Retired Staff

Are you my uncle? He makes that joke frequently, then runs off laughing like a loon.
    Not to the best of my knowledge.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Not to the best of my knowledge.
    Aw bummer, it would be cool as shit if it turned out that you were my uncle.

Retired Staff

Luke, I am your father.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

FYI: The cafe has a bot problem.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/member.ph...gcjhvgjhdgfjhb

=====
    NoSwitch: Your job sounds interesting and it's always fun to have an opportunity to learn in an environment like that... at your own pace. Not sure about the Toast Master thing, but public speaking can certainly be an asset though it sounds to me like you got a head start over many of the others.

Skate on if your local roads are clear fellas.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 01-12-2019 at 12:23 AM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    FYI: The cafe has a bot problem.

http://www.skaterscafe.com/member.ph...gcjhvgjhdgfjhb

=====
    NoSwitch: Your job sounds interesting and it's always fun to have an opportunity to learn in an environment like that... at your own pace. Not sure about the Toast Master thing, but public speaking can certainly be an asset though it sounds to me like you got a head start over many of the others.

Skate on if your local roads are clear fellas.
    Ya, not much in the way of proactive bot control here. Deleted and banned as they pop up.

Retired Staff

I could adopt you as a nephew. I'd be like your dad's younger brother who drinks beer, plays bass and skates.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

I could adopt you as a nephew. I'd be like your dad's younger brother who drinks beer, plays bass and skates, and doesn't make lazy, racist jokes all the fucking time..
    FTFY. My uncle's a racist asshole who drinks beer, plays bass (or at least owns a bass and a super nice amp), and skates (he commandeered the Dregs longboard I gave to my cousin).

Retired Staff

FTFY. My uncle's a racist asshole who drinks beer, plays bass (or at least owns a bass and a super nice amp), and skates (he commandeered the Dregs longboard I gave to my cousin).
    It's kinda hard to be a racist bass player. Black music has such killer basslines.

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

Sorry about the lack of 2019 updates folks. Been a very rough patch for me the past two weeks honestly. Not gonna go into the negative details. One positive detail about 2019, though, is the very first photograph I took is already my highest selling print i've ever had!

We got snow in phoenix on new years eve. It was wild. It was happening while I was flying back in from north carolina. It snows in the mountain peaks around us pretty often, but IN the valley cities is rare. Peoria, Scottsdale, Anthem and Fountain Hills all saw flurries though! We had the rare stretch of weather where the high was still in the 40's, actually felt like winter here for a few! Back to 60's high/40's low now which is standard, i was loving the stretch of ACTUAL winter weather here in the valley though.

Caveman

Don't know why you're apologizing Shorty's_Kid. We love hearing your rock & roll updates, but sometimes life gets in the way and we get that. Hope you come through that rough patch OK.

Congrats on that new print that's doing so well for you. Now can you describe or post that print and the story behind it? Just curious.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/