• Still no

9 7.26%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.23%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.39%
  • Zombie from long ago

23 18.55%
Page 3018 of 3031 FirstFirst ... 20182518291829683008301630173018301930203028 ... LastLast
Results 60,341 to 60,360 of 60606

Thread: Post your random thought.

Global Moderator

On tour again. Been really busy this round. We're out with August Burns Red right now, which is insane for teenage me. I deleted all social media besides instagram off of my phone and it's been great. Trying to not spend as much of my day looking at screens anymore.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    On tour again. Been really busy this round. We're out with August Burns Red right now, which is insane for teenage me. I deleted all social media besides instagram off of my phone and it's been great. Trying to not spend as much of my day looking at screens anymore.
    Play a guitar instead!

Global Moderator

Haha, I wish i had time for that these days.

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    Trying to not spend as much of my day looking at screens anymore.
    Congrats Shorty's_Kid, you just got a lot richer. I just ran across a news blurb where Warren Buffet was saying that he could buy anything but time.

I wonder what's worse for us, computers including smart phones, or TVs.
    I'm thinking that they have their place in our lives, but we're all learning that virtual worlds can encroach on real life, real experiences, and real people.

Speaking of which... you gotta love the engineering that goes into social media....

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-44640959

https://adage.com/article/digital/se...brains/311238/
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 01-28-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Retired Staff

Well I'm sitting in the ICU. My client got sick and was admitted on Sunday. He just got a tracheotomy put in last night.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    Well I'm sitting in the ICU. My client got sick and was admitted on Sunday. He just got a tracheotomy put in last night.
    Yikes! Sounds like you saved their life for now. Have you had someone die on you yet? I'd imagine that in that line of work that's bound to happen. PathTek4's in a similar line of work, or I thought he was last time we talked shop. Think he's more of a manager and facilitator for a team of in home care givers and nursing crew.

Skate Pirate

Speaking of work, my boss quit last week. They've already hired his replacement and said that I'm more valuable in my lower position than what I would be as a manager. Oh, and since there'll be two of us working during the week, I'm getting bumped to a 11a-7p shift starting on Wednesday next.

Retired Staff

I've had 3 clients die in about 10 years. Not a bad average.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

I meant for that post to be longer but got called away in mid post.

The origins of the handle "Rev J" are directly related to my work.

I had a client who died of a bladder infection who was an ordained minister in the Universal Life Church. Coincidentally this is the same institution where Hunter S. Thompson got the title "Doctor of Journalism" while I was working for him I went to the website and got ordained myself. So Rev is short for Reverend and J is my first initial.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Speaking of work, my boss quit last week. They've already hired his replacement and said that I'm more valuable in my lower position than what I would be as a manager. Oh, and since there'll be two of us working during the week, I'm getting bumped to a 11a-7p shift starting on Wednesday next.
    Unless the manager gets paid DOUBLE what you're making they may be right. Getting paid by the hour can be way better than being a manager when everyone's working a lot of hours. I've gone from assistant manger hourly to a salaried manager position. Sucked balls as manager working 70 hours a weak peak season on salary. Went back to assistant manager and turned down three other senior manager positions at that shitty job.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I've had 3 clients die in about 10 years. Not a bad average.
    That's heavy man.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Unless the manager gets paid DOUBLE what you're making they may be right. Getting paid by the hour can be way better than being a manager when everyone's working a lot of hours. I've gone from assistant manger hourly to a salaried manager position. Sucked balls as manager working 70 hours a weak peak season on salary. Went back to assistant manager and turned down three other senior manager positions at that shitty job.
    I'm capped at 40 hours, no overtime allowed. To the best of my knowledge, my supervisor makes only $3 more per hour than I do, but he gets things like PTO and overtime.

good vibes

Damn, I tried logging in like 5 times. Honestly can't believe I remembered my pass code lol but hey y'all. Just a general hello that I do after years of being off here. To be honest, this place looks like shit, but I'm on my phone so... Anyways, love you all, and you're all doing a great job.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous Man View Post
    Damn, I tried logging in like 5 times. Honestly can't believe I remembered my pass code lol but hey y'all. Just a general hello that I do after years of being off here. To be honest, this place looks like shit, but I'm on my phone so... Anyways, love you all, and you're all doing a great job.
    We aim to please and looking like shit is what we do best!

Retired Staff

That's heavy man.
    2 of the 3 were from bladder infections which are common with catheters that go directly to the bladder. One of my clients was down to the antibiotic resistant ones.

C/S,
    Rev J

I joined this forum eight years ago to track down some punk kid who was drop hacking my Starcraft custom map games.

Today I'm here because i started building my first deck and was googling whether I need to countersink the holes in the board or not.

Funny how that works.

Also you've never missed a birthday email.
    Last edited by Ranzear; 02-07-2019 at 12:15 AM.

Retired Staff

And it only took 8 years to make your first post.

If you're putting together a board you don't need to counter sink the truck holes.

C/S,
    Rev J

good vibes

We aim to please and looking like shit is what we do best!
    Lol I love it

Global Moderator

Hope everyone is doing well. Making a conscious effort to not spend much time on my phone or computer. I'm loving it. Sorry for the distance, i'll be around again eventually.

Props to the kid waiting 9 years to make a post

Cafe Fuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Ranzear View Post
    I joined this forum eight years ago to track down some punk kid who was drop hacking my Starcraft custom map games.

Today I'm here because i started building my first deck and was googling whether I need to countersink the holes in the board or not.

Funny how that works.

Also you've never missed a birthday email.
    Welcome back...lol
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.