• Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 3040 of 3041 FirstFirst ... 204025402940299030303038303930403041 LastLast
Results 60,781 to 60,800 of 60816

Thread: Post your random thought.

Caveman

Yeah, given how most countries weren't testing everybody (not possible/too much $$) I have always wondered if those stats are on the high side. You know that neither China nor the US were/are testing aggressively.... In the Bay area it went from traceable to "Community Spread" almost overnight. I suspect that this virus has been circulating around for a while.

Nope, not a conspiracy theory kinda guy.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 03-16-2020 at 07:55 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Retired Staff

Yeah, since I posted that I got an email from my bank that they're temporarily closing their Berkeley branch. Their ATM will still be open though.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

The curfews and mandatory quarantines seemed shocking until I saw the exemptions to go shopping and exercise. I had imagined people in San Francisco apartments not being able to go walk their dogs until I saw the exercise allowance. Still the craziest thing I've experienced since 9/11. We'll need to have some difficult national discussions about how to recover economically, but first about how to help people with no plan B for right now. The destruction of our social safety nets in favor of lower taxes for the wealthy has blown up in our faces. Hopefully the myth of trickle down economics is finally dead.. Eat the rich LOL!

Retired Staff

I'm pretty much on the bottom rung and feel trickled down upon. Some people pay good money for that.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    Yeah, given how most countries weren't testing everybody (not possible/too much $$) I have always wondered if those stats are on the high side. You know that neither China nor the US were/are testing aggressively.... In the Bay area it went from traceable to "Community Spread" almost overnight. I suspect that this virus has been circulating around for a while.

Nope, not a conspiracy theory kinda guy.
    I had a gnarly cold between December and January matching the key symptoms of CoVid19...my healthcare provider shrugged it off and said "yeah, this year's cold season is really, really bad."

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    I had a gnarly cold between December and January matching the key symptoms of CoVid19...my healthcare provider shrugged it off and said "yeah, this year's cold season is really, really bad."
    Yep it started tearing through our house bout that time too. Daughter got it right after Christmas break. First time in 10 years I fired up a vaporizer because her dry rattling cough was so deep. Urgent Care PA also just shrugged it off, no Tamiflu. no antibiotic, not even a flu test because no fever when we were there. Did move up in her chest then took about 3 weeks for her to be 100% again... about that time I got it... Now wife's got it. Not much fever, really mild but the fatigue and coughing was exhausting. It could very well be that they were totally wrong or lying about how long it's really been here and how pervasive it is. If that's true then it might not be as fatal as originally feared though...Or. maybe it mutated worse now and that's why bodies are starting to stack up now.

Retired Staff

Between the Coronavirus hysteria and working at night I'm kinda relating to this song right now:

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Yep it started tearing through our house bout that time too. Daughter got it right after Christmas break. First time in 10 years I fired up a vaporizer because her dry rattling cough was so deep. Urgent Care PA also just shrugged it off, no Tamiflu. no antibiotic, not even a flu test because no fever when we were there. Did move up in her chest then took about 3 weeks for her to be 100% again... about that time I got it... Now wife's got it. Not much fever, really mild but the fatigue and coughing was exhausting. It could very well be that they were totally wrong or lying about how long it's really been here and how pervasive it is. If that's true then it might not be as fatal as originally feared though...Or. maybe it mutated worse now and that's why bodies are starting to stack up now.
    I got an antibiotic prescribed because of a sinus infection on top of all that. My timeline was that it started with a really bad sore throat, then cleared up for a few days...then, I was coughing up a lung between Christmas and New Years, but it cleared up for both of the holidays. Then, right after NYE, I was coughing so violently that it hurt - strained my back and chest, couldn't sleep, in tears because of the pain of a terrible dry cough. I couldn't muster the strength to walk around the block with the dog for a full 2 weeks without coughing hard enough to not be able to talk; when I was able to talk, I had a horrible incongruency between my breathing and the words - as a result, I was stammering and stuttering because I just couldn't catch my breath.

They say that the dry cough, shortness of breath, and fever for a period of 10-15 days are the telltale signs of Covid19, and I definitely matched all 3. I'm a young, healthy guy with no history of congenital pulmonary problems (both Grandpas had issues due to a lifetime of smoking, but I've never done that), and I usually get the standard ol' runny nose-type cold every year...This one totally knocked me on my ass for a full 2 weeks.

Caveman

Deleting most of this post because I now doubt the "facts" presented.
    I still don't hold a high opinion of the CDC right now.

/rant
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 03-20-2020 at 10:03 PM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I don't hold a high opinion of the CDC right now.

/rant

Maybe if the current administration hadn't gutted the CDC
    , NIH, and other science and medical agencies we'd be more on top of this right now.

Skate Pirate

I just want it to be skate season.

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post

Maybe if the current administration hadn't gutted the CDC
    , NIH, and other science and medical agencies we'd be more on top of this right now.
    HELLO! Didn't you hear? Science and facts are over-rated.

Caveman

Hey NoSwitch, I think that we have a troll/spammer here....
    http://www.skaterscafe.com/member.ph...4814-Digital64

Actually, I guess any of you guys can handle this. Seems like everybody here is a mod/admin.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 03-21-2020 at 03:26 PM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

I wanted to give a shout out to Rev_J and Pathtek4. Both are working hard to care for people most vulnerable to this new global plague we're all trying to keep our families safe from. Mom's in a nursing home and I've got to have faith that her care givers there are doing everything they can to keep them safe.

Retired Staff

Thanks.

The client I'm working with right now went into the ICU for all of February of last year with a pulmonary issue. Fortunately this last issue he had (a fistula in his throat and SeDIF (? on the spelling)) was only 2 weeks with no ICU stay. SeDIF is one of those bacterias that part of the .001% that wipes don't kill. I think living on Cuban Style Black Bean Soup with Sour Cream is one of the things that helped me from getting sick.

Fortunately, like I think I said earlier my general lifestyle decreases my chances. When most people would be heading home from work I'm heading to work, I'm getting off when they would usually be gathering in bars so I drink at home by myself anyway, I sleep most of the morning and frequent hand washing goes with the territory so most of the other things that go along with this is just a minor inconvenience. For example my bank has closed all of it's offices, the ATM is still open and since I'm part of a credit union I don't have to only use my banks ATM. I had to wait in line for 5 minutes or so to get into the supermarket.

It's not impacting me personally as bad as it is some.

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

I just read part of this article (It's a little too long and demanding for me to read at work right now) about how things that were once considered "Special Accommodations" for disabled people are now being considered necessary due to Coronavirus and how the disabled who need these accommodations are kinda getting pushed down the list of people getting help due to these things being normalized:

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/202...tail=emaildkre

C/S,
    Rev J

Retired Staff

I just heard that there was a pretty major earthquake in Zagreb, Croatia. Even though I think Trollskater acted like a rotten little puke I hope he's ok.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Saw that in the news, but didn't even read the article. Posting so you don't feel like you're talking to yourself.

Anybody getting any skating in? I copped out and just took a walk today. Worked yesterday and tossed a new battery in the car.
    Nothing exciting, but I think we have enough excitement to go around right now.

Hope everybody is doing well.

Skate Pirate

Saw that in the news, but didn't even read the article. Posting so you don't feel like you're talking to yourself.

Anybody getting any skating in? I copped out and just took a walk today. Worked yesterday and tossed a new battery in the car.
    Nothing exciting, but I think we have enough excitement to go around right now.

Hope everybody is doing well.
    I'm still on my personal seasonal hiatus...I hang up the boards between November and April. Besides that, it just snowed today.