• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 3053 of 3059 FirstFirst ... 2053255329533003304330513052305330543055 ... LastLast
Results 61,041 to 61,060 of 61169

Thread: Post your random thought.

Caveman

RevJ, Predicting church scandals is easy. Too much money and fame. It's just a matter of time. .
    I got a chuckle when you mentioned Jim Bakker. I remember when the Jessica Hahn scandal broke. The tabloids splashed pics of Tammy Faye and Jessica all over their covers. I remember thinking, "Yup, completely understand that one Jimbo." Lol....

Well Rockst*r, At this point in time, I'm very glad that you have a job. It's tough out there. Hope the pay is OK.

I'm trying to change my perspective on the news... If any of you saw the old movie "Training Days" with Denzel Washington, Denzels character, Alanzo read the news as entertainment. I think I'm there.
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 08-28-2020 at 04:01 PM.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Busy like hell at work. 2 weeks on, 2 days off. Working for a known exploitative organization in the hospitality industry. I was told that I was hired on to help close out construction on the brand new building, establish local contractors and trade partners, and work with the general contractor to establish operation and maintenance procedures...but, I'm doing more janitorial stuff than administrative.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    ol....

Well Rockst*r, At this point in time, I'm very glad that you have a job. It's tough out there. Hope the pay is OK.

I'm trying to change my perspective on the news... If any of you saw the old movie "Training Days" with Denzel Washington, Denzels character, Alanzo read the news as entertainment. I think I'm there.
    Interesting week. Spent most of it being critical of some shortcomings revolving around the work of some people way above my pay grade that peaked late Wednesday. Thursday morning I wake up and log in to see my two up manager wants to meet at 9am. I'm thinking, "oh shit, they already called her to tell her I'm fucking up their shit". They pretty much had thrown me under the bus saying I wouldn't have found a shitload of corrupt data if I had been correctly following the process (they clearly tweaked to hide data pollution).

Anyway, I log in and immediately start telling manager's manager my side of the story only to learn that wasn't what the meeting was about. They have decided (after 15 years of working for them as a contractor under 4 different vendors) to convert me to a full time internal employee. Way more job security but not any higher pay. Saying no would be the kiss of death as this probably means my current vendor company is losing the contract anyway. I'll find out more Tuesday but I suspected something was up because it's a new fiscal year and my vendor contract details still looked sketchy in the systems I have access to.

One downer is that my family has already met our out of pocket max for healthcare so everything for the rest of the calendar year is FREE....until I change employers and then have to start a new health insurance plan with them. We may opt to pay Cobra to keep our current plan the remaining 4 months then pick up the new employer plan. It's a much better problem to have than to be unemployed and HAVING to pay Cobra for any healthcare at all with no income but unemployment.

what it do kids.

Retired Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    RevJ, Predicting church scandals is easy. Too much money and fame. It's just a matter of time. .
    I got a chuckle when you mentioned Jim Bakker. I remember when the Jessica Hahn scandal broke. The tabloids splashed pics of Tammy Faye and Jessica all over their covers. I remember thinking, "Yup, completely understand that one Jimbo." Lol....

"Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Global Moderator

So, what's up with you guys?
    Absolutely nothing. lol. I don't leave my apartment really anymore. This has been officially documented and declared as the hottest summer in recorded history for the state of Arizona. Today is our first day below 100F I believe since June (and it's a fluke, we're back up to 105-110+ again in September so far). we have had 50 days of 110+ and 10 days of temps greater than 115F. I also don't have air conditioning in my car, so I very literally don't leave my room unless I have to go to the grocery store or work (Working part time at Starbucks, I make just barely enough to pay rent, other bills, and eat once or twice a day, haven't been able to find any other or additional work on a count of nowhere is hiring bc covid).

The whole "Losing my career due to covid and then also being denied all PUA/Unemployment across the board because 'Merica " thing hasn't helped me leave much either lmao.

Oh also I have a chronically infected wisdom tooth with no insurance so that's also super sick I love being American it's so sickkkkkk. Gonna have to throw that shit on credit cards sometime in the next week or two, it's getting too gnarly

BUT speaking of credit cards I have somehow still managed to maintain a credit score of over 800 whilst having a total income of about $1,100/month lmao so shout out to me

Gravity Slave Moderator

Merika..

2020 choices:
    Crazy old dude who blames everything on immigrants while fixing nothing and rallying white supremacists

Crazy old dude who will probably half way fix 2-3 of the 9832 things that need fixing..

3rd party person really wanting to fix everything but has ZERO chance of winning no matter what happens.
    Last edited by NoSwitch; 08-31-2020 at 11:59 AM.

Retired Staff

I personally find it hilarious when people hypothesize that Biden has dementia when Trump comes across a a white supremacist Abe Simpson and tweets shit like this:

https://images.app.goo.gl/WmhTSxCLW9CTjs2C9

Roger Ailes has been dead for 3 years. People with dementia are notorious for asking about dead relatives.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Laughing my ass off at the butt hurt from IQ45 over the WWI Cemetery fail and rumors that he called the fallen soldiers losers and suckers. A few documented facts were that, A, the helicopter CAN fly in the rain.. and B, the Secret Service could have driven the limos there. It was all about him not wanting to get his hair wet. Whether or not he said disparaging things about the heroes buried there is a wash.... His entire campaign is based on lies and half truths, a little payback embellishment is deserved LOL..
    Last edited by NoSwitch; 09-05-2020 at 07:44 AM.

Retired Staff

True Dat!

I had a contractor who know's Kamala Harris' family personally doing some work on my apartment and we were laughing because somone on another forum I'm active on was trying to say that Harris is even further to the left than Sanders, CNN is a leftest news source, etc. The contractor pretty much said that Kamala gets her don't take any shit attitude from her mother.

I think this is an excellent break down of the Biden, Harris campaign strategy:

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Harris is easily as far right as Reagan was based on her legal career.

Skate Pirate

Back on the teat again. I was out of work in 2017 ad a pretty direct result of Trump's inaugural budget, then out of work again in 2019 as a pretty direct result of his tariffs (then extended because of his lack of response to Covid-19). This time, I got fired a s a direct result of my own actions... because I refused to put my health and safety at risk, I was deemed "not a team player" or whatever the fuck. Started when I called into question mold in the walls of the building, reached a peak when I refused to stick my arm elbow-deep in a shit filled toilet to manually remove a clog, and culminated in me refusing to stand on the very top rung of a ladder in the bed of the regional managers truck to remove a tiny piece of masking tape from the overhang on the building.

Retired Staff

Sorry that happened. But good on you for standing your ground.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Back on the teat again. I was out of work in 2017 ad a pretty direct result of Trump's inaugural budget, then out of work again in 2019 as a pretty direct result of his tariffs (then extended because of his lack of response to Covid-19). This time, I got fired a s a direct result of my own actions... because I refused to put my health and safety at risk, I was deemed "not a team player" or whatever the fuck. Started when I called into question mold in the walls of the building, reached a peak when I refused to stick my arm elbow-deep in a shit filled toilet to manually remove a clog, and culminated in me refusing to stand on the very top rung of a ladder in the bed of the regional managers truck to remove a tiny piece of masking tape from the overhang on the building.
    This is exactly why we need to eliminate all BS right to work (AKA right to fire without cause) legislation and bring back unions pretty much everywhere.

Retired Staff

If all Unions could be as powerful as the Police Union.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

I journaled about my experience in being fired, and man, that dredged up a lot of latent negativity that I didn't realize was there.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Fitting conversation for THIS weekend.

Caveman

Back on the teat again.... snip....
    Awe man, sorry to hear that. I sounds to me like they were asking for real questionable stuff. What bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Laughing my ass off at the butt hurt from IQ45 over the WWI Cemetery fail and rumors... snip....
    Lol... "IQ45"... that's a new one on me.
    I agree 100%, but let's not underestimate this guy. Dump is a lot of things, but he got the brass ring once, hopefully not twice.

Retired Staff

Time for my work gripe story.

I have a coworker who is a born again christian, Trump supporter, who is habitually 20 to 40 minutes late for work. A month or so ago she decided to proselytize me. She's also my relief at work.

Last night she strolled in 40 minutes late and my clients brother came unhooked from his ventilator. Since the alarm goes off 20 times a day I'm conditioned to ignore it. She took care of it and strolled in to tell me that when the alarm goes off it's an emergency. I turned to her and yelled, "Maybe if you were on time you could take care of it! It's no longer a question of if you're going to be late, it's a question of how late are you going to be!? My shift ends at midnight so I'm here off the clock!"

It's amazing even with a COVID mask on you can see a jaw drop. She apologized and promised to try and be on time from now on.

I highly doubt that's going to happen.

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

Wow, "promise to try to be on time". What bullshit.
    Now I have to google "proselytize"... Lol...

Retired Staff

I had to google how to spell it.

C/S,
    Rev J