• Still no

9 7.20%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.20%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 3055 of 3060 FirstFirst ... 2055255529553005304530533054305530563057 ... LastLast
Results 61,081 to 61,100 of 61185

Thread: Post your random thought.

Retired Staff

I just figured that I'd come scream into the void and see if there was an echo.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

I just figured that I'd come scream into the void and see if there was an echo

Retired Staff

I so wish I could rep you for that.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Gravity Slave Moderator

Roger Stone and The Proud Boys IQ45 claims he doesn't know anything about

stone racist.jpg

100% legit.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ro...ne-proud-boys/

Gravity Slave Moderator

It's probably only confirmed by his personal quack who claims he's taller than Obama and only weighs 225.

Nobody's bugging him about supporting racists. Nobody's bugging him about his taxes or financial problems. He gets two weeks to sit on his fat ass and rest up for the final campaign push armed with the lie that COVID is no big deal because he beat it easily.
    hoax.jpg

Gravity Slave Moderator

OK Walter Reed= LEGIT. Let's see if they keep showing those clips of Biden stammorning and calling him weak..

Caveman

You don't think that Mark Meadows could arrange a cushy room at Walter Reed for Potus?
    I have friends that think this is just another episode in The Sh!t Show.
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

Caveman

In other news... I learned a new word today: schadenfreude.
    I'm trying really hard to avoid schadenfreude. There's enough bad juju around right now.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal1 View Post
    In other news... I learned a new word today: schadenfreude.
    I'm trying really hard to avoid schadenfreude. There's enough bad juju around right now.
    It's quite a bit different when the people dropping like flies intentionally encouraged vulnerable stupid people to take unnecessary risks then go down from the very threat they were putting millions of others at risk for.

I'm thinking Trump and the top level cabinet got some of the mot promising vaccine then thought they were invincible while shunning the masks and distancing. That's probably why IQ45 was so adamant that the vaccine would be ready much sooner than the CDC is telling everyone. Oh well, I guess that vaccine's not going to work. Good thing there are others being tested..

Retired Staff

The little I've heard at this moment seems like poetic justice.

Having studied with a buddhist monk I can honestly say there is nothing "Mystical" about karma. Here it is in layman's terms. For every action there is a series of reactions.

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    The little I've heard at this moment seems like poetic justice.

Having studied with a buddhist monk I can honestly say there is nothing "Mystical" about karma. Here it is in layman's terms. For every action there is a series of reactions.
    Our thoughts and actions are energy. Energy interacts with our environment and the energy others exude. That can come back around at us.

Skate Pirate

I don't want to wish ill on anyone. In fact, I'll go out and say it: Trump dying would be one of the worst outcomes for our country right now.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    I don't want to wish ill on anyone. In fact, I'll go out and say it: Trump dying would be one of the worst outcomes for our country right now.
    Agreed. I'd always prefer to see just about anyone change for the better than die. Problem is, with legit sociopaths and schizophrenics, that's often not possible. Removing them from the sandbox the rest of us play together well in is the best we can do there..

Caveman

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Our thoughts and actions are energy. Energy interacts with our environment and the energy others exude. That can come back around at us.
    That's one of my core questions about Karma. I do believe in the street version, "What goes around, comes around". In my case I'm trying to not wish bad things for POTUS though there is a part of me thinking that Karma caught up with him.
    So for those more knowledgable in philosophy than me... Does Karma applies to thoughts too? I try to avoid harboring negative thoughts / wishing bad things on anyone. That's why I mentioned schadenfreude... I have an internal conflict. And yes, there is a self centered motivation here to just stay positive.

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Long winded political rant deleted. Yes, the death of a sitting president is never good. However, we have rules of succession in place. We've been through this before and the US carried on. The wheels of the bus go round and round....

Tune in for the next episode of The Sh!t Show! Will he make it? Will Dr Scott Atlas treat POTUS? Is the POTUS Rona diagnosis staged or real? Is Coronavirus real?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ights-covid-19
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 10-03-2020 at 04:11 PM.

Skate Pirate

That's one of my core questions about Karma. I do believe in the street version, "What goes around, comes around". In my case I'm trying to not wish bad things for POTUS though there is a part of me thinking that he got bit by his past deeds.
    So for those more knowledgable in philosophy than me... Does Karma applies to thoughts too? I try to avoid harboring negative thoughts / wishing bad things on anyone. That's why I mentioned schadenfreude... I have an internal conflict. And yes, there is a self centered motivation here to just stay positive and kind.

Long winded political rant deleted. Yes, the death of a sitting president is never good. However, we have rules of succession in place. We've been through this before and the US carried on. The wheels of the bus go round and round....

Tune if for the next episode of The Sh!t Show! Will he make it? Is the POTUS diagnosis staged or real? Is Coronavirus real?

On the other hand, you're right...having a void of power at the top would force the system into the "rules of succession," and might give us a hard reset.

Caveman

So you think that a hard reset might be a good thing? Maybe I shouldn't have deleted my rant.
    Tactically, I tend to agree, but then the risk is... who fills the void? Steve Bannon for Prez! Yeah baby!

I was "doom scrolling" today and there's a growing list of peeps in the POTUS orbit that were diagnosed positive.
    None on the list are spring chickens, so statistically the odds are higher for at least 1 severe case.
    - President Trump
    - First lady Melania Trump
    - Senior White House adviser Hope Hicks
    - Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien
    - Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel
    - Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
    - Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C.
    - Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.
    - Former adviser Kellyanne Conway
    - Former N.J. Gov. Chris Christie

There's also a long list of prominent Republican donors that are probably bugging their doctors right now.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/polit...rus/index.html

Seems that I'm not the only one that's conflicted....
    Trumpworld delighted in cruelty. Now that Trump has COVID, it demands empathy.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...avirus-2020-10
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 10-03-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Mitch Mc Trutle now has to delay the SCOTUS Justice confirmation vote because they would lose with all those GOP senators out sick LOL. RBG is laughing her ass off up there..

Retired Staff

That's one of my core questions about Karma. I do believe in the street version, "What goes around, comes around". In my case I'm trying to not wish bad things for POTUS though there is a part of me thinking that Karma caught up with him.
    So for those more knowledgable in philosophy than me... Does Karma applies to thoughts too? I try to avoid harboring negative thoughts / wishing bad things on anyone. That's why I mentioned schadenfreude... I have an internal conflict. And yes, there is a self centered motivation here to just stay positive.

Tune in for the next episode of The Sh!t Show! Will he make it? Will Dr Scott Atlas treat POTUS? Is the POTUS Rona diagnosis staged or real? Is Coronavirus real?

It is my understanding that intent is as important as action.

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

So you think that a hard reset might be a good thing? Maybe I shouldn't have deleted my rant.
    Tactically, I tend to agree, but then the risk is... who fills the void? Steve Bannon for Prez! Yeah baby!

I was "doom scrolling" today and there's a growing list of peeps in the POTUS orbit that were diagnosed positive.
    None on the list are spring chickens, so statistically the odds are higher for at least 1 severe case.
    - President Trump
    - First lady Melania Trump
    - Senior White House adviser Hope Hicks
    - Trump campaign manager Bill Stepien
    - Republican National Committee Chair Ronna McDaniel
    - Sen. Mike Lee, R-Utah.
    - Sen. Thom Tillis, R-N.C.
    - Sen. Ron Johnson, R-Wis.
    - Former adviser Kellyanne Conway
    - Former N.J. Gov. Chris Christie

There's also a long list of prominent Republican donors that are probably bugging their doctors right now.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/polit...rus/index.html

Seems that I'm not the only one that's conflicted....
    Trumpworld delighted in cruelty. Now that Trump has COVID, it demands empathy.
    https://www.businessinsider.com/trum...avirus-2020-10
    The United States is the only Allied power that hasn't had some sort of major shakeup after WWII. We've spent the past 40 years anyway being driven further and further to the right...we've spent the past 20 years in a full-on sprint to the right, after 9/11 and the ensuing fallout of that (combined with the rise of cable news and social media). We've finally got our authoritarian, nationalistic leader (I won't call him full on "fascist," though he's got support from the grassroots fascists). If nothing else, Trump has highlighted each and every single flaw in our system as we know it. I sincerely hope cooler heads prevail in the end, and I sincerely hope that we don't see active combat in our cities and on our streets. But, yes, I do think some sort of hard reset is in order. Whether or not the 40% of the folks who've elected Trump to office follow along is yet to be determined.

Again, I don't want to wish death or illness upon anyone...In fact, I could see that path going horribly awry if right-wing Youtube has their way, and follows through on the idea that "Biden purposely infected Trump with spittle when he said 'cmon man,' at some point during the debate." Trump passes, and we get a President Pence. Pence is a lifelong politician who actually knows how shit gets done, and is not simply acting to cause the most outrage. If Pence is somehow incapacitated, we've got a President Pelosi, which will not sit well with the 2A types and anti-mask crowd who stormed the capitol buildings in Michigan and other states, or with the anti-law enforcement sheriffs across the country who are refusing to enforce mask laws.

But, the entire past 5 years has been anything but "what was supposed to happen." None of this was supposed to ever happen. I'm left with very little faith in the system at all, and could see the push for a Jared, Don Jr., or Eric continuation of power if Trump himself were to pass; thereby cementing some sort of monarchy or something.