• Still no

9 7.26%
  • Really, not new here

4 3.23%
  • Yes, I am new here!

29 23.39%
  • Zombie from long ago

23 18.55%
Page 3025 of 3030 FirstFirst ... 2025252529252975301530233024302530263027 ... LastLast
Results 60,481 to 60,500 of 60594

Thread: Post your random thought.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Maybe the send list excluded moderators and staff?
    To the best of my knowledge, I'm not a moderator.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    Check your settings to see if you have opted out of forum spam.

God

And with that attitude you never will be

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by NoSwitch View Post
    Check your settings to see if you have opted out of forum spam.
    I just checked and had all of my spam activated. Oh well, it's not like I needed to receive an email reminding me that the Cafe is still open.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Just trying to help Mike figure it out. There were a bunch of features Dogtown disabled when he repaired the damage done by the last hack. Admin stuff doesn't all work the way it should. Anyway, at least some folks got the blast.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    And with that attitude you never will be
    I'll fight you ��

Gravity Slave Moderator

Ok I just got the blast this morning. .looks like it's just taking a while to get though the list. Hoping to see some.OGs drop in now

Skate Pirate

Hey you, yes YOU! You were once an active member of Skaterscafe. Why not come back and say "Hello". Update us on what you are doing in your life. It would be great to hear and see you again. Even if just a post to say hello.

We are all still here and waiting for your return.

Best of luck to you and we wish you nothing but the best!

Sincerely,
    The members of Skaterscafe
    Wassup

Gravity Slave Moderator

So I wonder what kind of "adversity score" my kids' SAT scores will receive? We live in the middle of a barrio hood where only about 5% of our neighbors owns the home. Multi family housing all around. In my Jeff Foxworthy voice.. "If your neighbor is out in the yard painting their car with a roller, you might live in the ghetto." True story, saw that around the corner yesterday. However, just three blocks away there are three bedroom houses selling for over $500,000. The property is expensive and there are college professors and scientists living two blocks over from our sub prime real estate..

Default Nostalgia

After having found the above quoted E-Mail in my Spam-Folder I wanted to check this place out once again.

Not that anyone here would remember me or care, but this forum meant a lot to me back in the day. It was my first introduction to the internet when I was about 13 years old! I remember vividly starting my "Introduce yourself" thread and the amazement I felt when reading welcoming replies from different countries all over the world. At some point I was kind of addicted to this forum, even once held the title of "most active member". God, I must have been annoying... It's not like I ever had anything meaningful to say. It makes me cringe a bit but I did connect with some great people during that time. Not to sound old, but I find it kind of sad that forums in general seem to have died out. Everything moved to social media... I am the only one online here as I type this. It does feel like sitting nostalgically in an abandoned cafe, surrounded only by shadows of various good and embarrasing memories. But I am glad to see it still exists!

Anyway, I pretty much quit skateboarding when I moved out 6 years ago to study music. In 2015 some friends wanted to start skating and I felt like joining them. Within that very same week, I decided to do a solo session at a local halfpipe. I dared myself to drop in, fell on my back leg and broke it in such a complex way that it actually fascinated the doctors. I couldn't walk for half a year. Last year I briefly skated some flatground again. I could land basic tricks after a while and it felt pretty good once I regained some confidence.

Living in some medium sized city in Germany, it felt almost like serendipity that I randomly met Willow at a streetlight on that very same day. He is one of my favorite Pro-Skaters and I literally watched one of his parts the night before to get motivated. It was great to experience the social aspect of skating once again, how natural it feels to talk to a stranger on the basis of holding a skateboard in your hand (even if they are Pro...). When I was in my teens, this forum also provided a supplement for that, because I came from a very small city with not much of a "scene" outside of my circle of friends.

My life ended up taking a different path, but skateboarding and this forum made a huge impact on me for sure: Skateboarding for opening up a new way to interpret the physical world and Skaterscafe for introducing me to the world of internet.

Turbo Raptor!

Wassup bitches
    Quote Originally Posted by The Late Great Colonel Sanders
    I'm too drunk, to taste this chicken.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcdc
    I don't smoke weed because I don't want to ever accidentally end up liking Sublime.

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Snowjoe View Post
    Wassup bitches
    Keeping it real.

Retired Staff

I've been on a Staycation for the past 5 days and didn't even check my email so I'm not sure if I got anything or not. I pretty much played around playing my Trailer Park Boys game on my phone, and eating Jambalaya with Chili Pepper Cornbread. I at least made them from scratch though.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by Rev J View Post
    I've been on a Staycation for the past 5 days and didn't even check my email so I'm not sure if I got anything or not. I pretty much played around playing my Trailer Park Boys game on my phone, and eating Jambalaya with Chili Pepper Cornbread. I at least made them from scratch though.
    Can you share your jambalaya recipe?

Yoooo I also just found the email in my spam folder. This place/skateboarding was a huge part of my life when I was like 14-15. My life also took a different path but I definitely wouldn't be the person I am now without skateboarding.

I have checked the website a few times over the years but didn't realize the same people might still be active :P soooo what's up everyone ?

**Made on Nintendo DSi in Flipnotes**

Retired Staff

Can you share your jambalaya recipe?
    Gladly. Usually I'm posting from work so I'll bring the recipe tomorrow.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

Skate Pirate

Quote Originally Posted by nicole_l View Post
    Yoooo I also just found the email in my spam folder. This place/skateboarding was a huge part of my life when I was like 14-15. My life also took a different path but I definitely wouldn't be the person I am now without skateboarding.

I have checked the website a few times over the years but didn't realize the same people might still be active :P soooo what's up everyone ?
    I'm an old poseur. In forgot how to do things like drop in and stuff. But I still have enough boards to stock a small skateshop.

God

hahaha look all these members from before 2010 popping back in, i love it and i love you snowjoe

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Feelgood View Post
    hahaha look all these members from before 2010 popping back in, i love it and i love you snowjoe
    I have checked the site a few times over the years but haven't really gotten back into skating (I do have a longboard that brings me from point A to point B but that doesn't count xD )

tbh I'm kinda fired up to get back into it now that the good weather is on its way (in Canada :P )

I'm an old poseur. In forgot how to do things like drop in and stuff. But I still have enough boards to stock a small skateshop.
    I'm sure after a few tries your body would remember how to! I probably have a few decks lying around my parents basement, I moved out/ went to university 8 ish years ago sooo I'm not sure if they still exist or not lol I just have a longboard with me now. :P