• Yes, I am new here!

29 23.20%
  • Zombie from long ago

24 19.20%
Page 3048 of 3049 FirstFirst ... 204825482948299830383046304730483049 LastLast
Results 60,941 to 60,960 of 60977

Thread: Post your random thought.

Skate Pirate

You don't even like pizza. I bet you eat your popcorn with a fork.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Gravity Slave Moderator

Pathtek4's keeping this place up for the memories and history. Having a few of us still chatting kinda helps keep an eye on things and let him know if there's a problem with anything.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Well I'm glad to belong to the last generation to experience old school internet forums! I much prefer it. Not so much in your face, and not designed to milk every last drop of dopamine like social media.

On another note. Any of you still skate? I quit for about half a decade but picked it up right around when corona started. I had to stop because my parents are immune compromised and now that things settled down a little bit I can't because I'm back in university.

Gravity Slave Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by NightRocker View Post
    Well I'm glad to belong to the last generation to experience old school internet forums! I much prefer it. Not so much in your face, and not designed to milk every last drop of dopamine like social media.

On another note. Any of you still skate? I quit for about half a decade but picked it up right around when corona started. I had to stop because my parents are immune compromised and now that things settled down a little bit I can't because I'm back in university.
    I have a sketchy little mini ramp next to the house and a couple hills that are fun to bomb in the neighborhood. I haven't been to a public park in about 8 years though.

Skate Pirate

I have a rule where I try to avoid skating when there's snow in the forecast...I skated once in April, then for the rest of the month, and even much of May, there was perpetually snow in the 7 day forecast.

Caveman

Just in time... Here comes summer!
    Gnarwheels skate site: http://gnarwheels.proboards.com/

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Quote Originally Posted by rockst*r View Post
    I have a rule where I try to avoid skating when there's snow in the forecast...I skated once in April, then for the rest of the month, and even much of May, there was perpetually snow in the 7 day forecast.
    I personally couldn't care less, as long as there is one day with temperatures above 10 degrees C and it's not raining I will make a commitment to skate if I had it planned. We probably had a dusting here once or twice this May, which melted within an hour of sunrise, and I live in Canada.

Retired Staff

I could tell that you were Canadian by your Beady Eyes and your Floppy Head.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l0HlTc...ySIM/giphy.gif
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

I'm trying to be more Zen. What is the sound of me not giving a fuck?

C/S,
    Rev J

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Research has shown that we evolved so we can survive in the harsh Canadian wilderness. One of those evolutionary traits are detachable jaws like those of snakes, which allows us to eat an entire arctic hare in one bite.

Retired Staff

A sizable chunk of my family is French Canadian. My great grandfather talked like the lumberjack from Bugs Bunny cartoons.
    "Before diagnosing yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not just surrounded by assholes," William Gibson

C/S,
    Rev J

Gravity Slave Moderator

Canadians LOL

Cafe Fuzz

Yeah i'm still out here. I'm just paying the yearly bill and keeping it going.

At this point, it is pretty much a memory box but honestly, it holds value.

I was 24 or 25 when I found Skaterscafe and I just turned 40. So it is a direct time portal back to the past. Rather nice.

I haven't skated much past my driveway. The skatepark I used to go is still open which is cool. My friend keeps asking me to come up. Then Covid happened.

So we'll see. How are you guys holding up in Quarantine? PA goes green tomorrow 6/25, but still gotta wear a mask. At least some more stuff opens up.
    Quote Originally Posted by jesushadherpes View Post
    what point? that my man pathtek can post pictures? yea i figured he could do that.

God

I feel like covids almost forgotten here in Australia,we flattened the curve and bars and stuff are open now, people just gotta keep being safe

We may not know what skateboarding is
    But we sure as hell know what it aint
    Wait we know what it is now too -
    Falling down and gettin back up

Caveman

It's different across the pond.
    The Rona is where science, money, and therefore politics intersect. In the US, we’re all over the map. There are the disbelievers, the conspiracy theorists, people desperate to make ends meet, the cavalier, and the cautious/fearful. One thing that all of the above have in common is that they’re tired of being cooped up. Add to that is the tendency for people to believe what they want to believe and lack of consistent policies and messaging and the result is one screwed up mess here in the US.
    We have “red” (Republican) states that pushed aggressively for re-opening that are now hitting the “pause” button as their intensive care wards fill to capacity. We also have our Great Orange Leader who decided that this is the right time to re-start efforts to kill off the Affordable Care Act… Like we need less health care options in the middle of a pandemic. What could go wrong?

Gawd, it’s great to be an American.

Global Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Pathtek4 View Post
    Yeah i'm still out here. I'm just paying the yearly bill and keeping it going.

At this point, it is pretty much a memory box but honestly, it holds value.

I was 24 or 25 when I found Skaterscafe and I just turned 40. So it is a direct time portal back to the past. Rather nice.

I haven't skated much past my driveway. The skatepark I used to go is still open which is cool. My friend keeps asking me to come up. Then Covid happened.

So we'll see. How are you guys holding up in Quarantine? PA goes green tomorrow 6/25, but still gotta wear a mask. At least some more stuff opens up.
    I had just turned 13 when I found this site and I turn 28 this year. Fucking mental, man. Weird thinking about how you were younger than my current age when I "met" you and now you've hit the big 40!

Things have gotten really bad in Arizona. We started out so slow. We were the second state to get it but stayed in the bottom 25 until this month. We were the first to "reopen", and bars and restaurants went full reopen with no rules or guidelines or masks. Everywhere got crowded as fuck. Then, Memorial Day weekend parties happened, then all the massive protests and shit that happened in phoenix.....January-may we only documented like 15,000 cases total....today we hit 66,000. We have jumped 50,000 cases in one month, and we've only got 7.5 million people. Our per capita is the highest in North America now. Tons of restaurants have had to close again, although many have had covid positive employees and haven't so much as even scaled their hours back. We have mandatory masks-in-public laws now, punishable by fine or a misdemeanor charge in some suburbs, but people are still fighting it and saying it's all a hoax and harassing minimum wage workers over Starbucks not letting people inside without a mask etc etc. Ya know, the standard white republican type shit one typically associates with phoenix/scottsdale. As a result of white republicans being white republicans, we are now at a current infection rate of 1 in 100.

In other news, Lately I have abandoned all social media except instagram, but I'll try to peek back in here more often again.

3459'20"N, 10636'52"W

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty's_Kid View Post
    I had just turned 13 when I found this site and I turn 28 this year. Fucking mental, man. Weird thinking about how you were younger than my current age when I "met" you and now you've hit the big 40!
    You've been a SkatersCafe member for longer than you were alive when you found the site. That's crazy

I was 13 too, but today I am still rather young at 22. 4 more years till I reach that milestone. Hope the site will still be around then.

____

Things are opening up here too. Yesterday we spent my brother's birthday in Boston Pizza, you're only allowed to sit outside but at least we can finally dine in.
    Last edited by NightRocker; 06-26-2020 at 07:53 PM.

Retired Staff

You should see some of the shit I've gotten into on Twitter over the whole COVID thing. Stupid's gonna stupid.

It's also weird that I was reminded of this old show that I caught at work a few months ago that was oddly prophetic:

C/S,
    Rev J

Caveman

I always enjoyed Rev J's footer about low self esteem....
    I know that I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, but after watching this video, I felt like Albert friggin' Einstein.... and you can too! Enjoy!

https://twitter.com/davidwineberg/st...15008609857536

#faucioutkarenin

I sure hope that was a parody....
    Last edited by Neanderthal1; 06-28-2020 at 12:41 AM.